Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends Galway...

• 05-08-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This thread is for meeting new local people and having fun.
    It's not for dating or flirting, that stuff comes after meeting and having fun.

Post here if you're new in town or also if you've been here years but still feel like chatting or going to see a movie, bowling, pub crawl, whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

Hi

When is next book club meeting?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

book club meeting is on Tuesday week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

When we having another Night out/Beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Steyr wrote: »
    When we having another Night out/Beers?

Once the cold snap eases up I think we deserve a beers night! I am tempted to try organise another Ladies-only beers as I have gotten a few PMs regarding it, and the last one I couldn't really attend myself properly! But yup, Beers night soon please....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Bierhaus FTW with a few place cards on tables say maybe 2 tables with "BOARDS BEERS" on them so no awkward "uh are you from the Internet??":pac:

Karl Hungus is guilty of the above!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I prefer to stare at people and make them nervous whilst working out if they are a boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

MattKid wrote: »
    I prefer to stare at people and make them nervous whilst working out if they are a boardsie.
    Boardsie's have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

It's not a good look

Youre right, it's not a good look, it's a feckin fantastic look. Altho I speak only for the ladies here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I missed the last few, but am up for another one :)
    May be on the soda and lime tho, so break out the jenga!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

MattKid wrote: »
    It's not a good look
    Youre right, it's not a good look, it's a feckin fantastic look. Altho I speak only for the ladies here.....

I have yet to be to one, but ill discover who's right after the next one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

yeah-buddy wrote: »
    pics
    wishes he was me

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You were the first, DRakE

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Good advice here guys. I did classes before and everybody arrived late and rushed off after the class so it's a good job the subject was interesting!

I'm 30 and I've lived in Galway all my life but never made a huge effort with friends due to an all-singing all-dancing interior world that would put Willy Wonkas Chocolate factory into receivership.

I'm a lightweight drinker too so I think the club idea is great, thank JustMary.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Similar situation Myself to OP, so whats happening????? Is someone organising a night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Buglim wrote: »
    Similar situation Myself to OP, so whats happening????? Is someone organising a night?

Hi Buglim,

If you want to organise a GC Boards Beers feel free to start a poll with suggested pubs/dates and I'll sticky it.

Hi P

I'm afraid I would be way to shy to start/organise anything like that?

I'm guessing Fridays or Saturdays suit most people....but then there's always a few who can't make Fridays, and then lots of people like Saturdays to hang out/go out with their *real* friends instead of hanging out with people from the tinternet...

Lady P, it's good to know that you are here to build up peoples confidence for a night out and to share with the world how you build and classify relationships. WTF???

Lady P, it's good to know that you are here to build up peoples confidence for a night out and to share with the world how you build and classify relationships. WTF???

Easy up! I've organised a beers before, and the feedback has been thru PMs and what not that Saturdays are often kept for spending time with families/friends/going out with your friends...the uptake was smaller because many people already had plans for saturdays. Fridays are usually fine but many people travel home for the weekend!

I wasn't trying to put negative vibes your way, just giving info, I'm all for another beers..yeesh!

I was going to offer to help you get a thread going but now I'm not so sure!

• Advertisement

Hey...sorry was only pulling your leg, should have added a :p

Hey...sorry was only pulling your leg, should have added a :p

Phew, overly sensitive this week!! All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Lady P,

Care to start a poll?

Done, although chances are I'll make a mistake or twelve and be on to you to correct it; feel free if you notice any to change it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MagicM83

Hiya,

Find myself in a similar situation - reckon it is always good to meet a few new people, 27yr old girl. Whats a BEERS night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Hi there,
    Beers night is just a get together of folks who use Boards, and a way to meet some new people. You prob saw that we had one last Friday in the Salthouse which had a nice mix of people, all v. friendly. Yeah I'd def recommend you come along to the next one!

Well if anyone is interested Im heading to a gig in deburgos later, fiver in and it goes to st vincent de paul..few galway bands, folk pop stuff PLUS you get to dress up as it is a buddy holly tribute night. But if ye cant make that maybe Ill organise a night out for the ladies again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Well if anyone is interested Im heading to a gig in deburgos later, fiver in and it goes to st vincent de paul..few galway bands, folk pop stuff PLUS you get to dress up as it is a buddy holly tribute night. But if ye cant make that maybe Ill organise a night out for the ladies again...

Aw, it's hearing about gigs like that that makes me miss living in the city centre instead of out in the wilds of the county :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Heya Lady P, any linkies to that gig tonight, or more info on the bands? Ta!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

without reading all 5 pages, were there any pics posted?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement