Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

dball wrote: »
    49.95 is the cheapest i could find: http://www.ezsmoke.ie/itaste-with-iclear16-p-402.html
    Got one about 6 months ago and ill be buying another soon - once my 2 spare ego batts are totally used up.

Cheers, thats as good a recommendation as any!
    Hal1 wrote: »
    I got one of these Itaste vv/vw and the battery life is bad. It wouldn't last me a full day. So if the battery is the same type in the mvp I would avoid it. I just keep mine in the car with the charger for emergencies.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb8KRcc-CT6tvHQpIx7Cf4Qvm2Yfhw3CBdF-hDy_umefiz9cBEqw

Cheers, I considered the VV and rejected it for not being heavy duty enough. The MVP has a 2600 battery so I would expect it to have a plenty of power and last a reasonable while. I'm planning on using it at home and keeping the PVs for when I'm out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Valentine1 wrote: »
    Cheers, thats as good a recommendation as any!

Cheers, I considered the VV and rejected it for not being heavy duty enough. The MVP has a 2600 battery so I would expect it to have a plenty of power and last a reasonable while. I'm planning on using it at home and keeping the PVs for when I'm out and about.

The itaste is the out and about version of the MVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RedMarko

I got the iTazte MVP2.0 during the week. I'm a bit of a newcomer to the vaping world, but I have to say, I love it already!

I had started on the e-smart starter kits about 4 months ago and didn't really know what the difference would be. Upgrading felt as difficult as starting - not knowing the difference between voltage and wattage etc.

Have to say I found Steve in Purplebox (Temple Bar) was brilliant. It's €52 there, but to be honest I think it's worth the €2 to get the step by step walk through I got on the features etc. It meant I could get stuck in checking the diffefrent variable levels etc. rather than trying to figure out the controls!

I like the feature whereby you can charge your phone/iPod/etc (I still have an iPod!) from the battery. I thought it looked a bit clunky at first, but after 5 hits it felt very comfortable.

I can't compare to many other kits, but I can certainly recommend it for anyone moving from starter into "real" vaping!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Does anyone know where I would get replacement rubber rings for the IGO-L. Or even what size fits properly. (15mm ID, 2m Dia?)

I could do with some for the Aga T2 aswell.
    Much Obliged!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sheriff_os

platinums wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I would get replacement rubber rings for the IGO-L. Or even what size fits properly. (15mm ID, 2m Dia?)

I could do with some for the Aga T2 aswell.
    Much Obliged!

not sure if they meet your exact size requirements but Halfords carry boxes of assorted o-rings. they work great on my Kaufun Lite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Fasttech have o-rings specifically for vaping. I wouldn't trust ones from a hardware shop as they more than likely wont be food safe.

http://www.fasttech.com/search?e-cigarette%20o%20ring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I bought an Itazte MVP 2.0 myself and sold it on here the next day. It depends on HOW you use it. For me I'm on the go a lot of the time I'm vaping so a big, heavy box mod was all wrong for me. I had no pockets that could hold it snugly at all so it walloped around all the time. It vaped brialliantly and it was rugged as hell, but totally the wrong device for my use.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭docster

Was in Purplebox in Templebar yesterday, got set up with a starter kit, reasonable prices, good quality products and juices etc...Steve in there was very helpful and informative....Sure wont rolling my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hiya! :) Has anyone tried the, "Gemini Clearomizer Double heat coil Clearomizer?" I normally used the "Visions V3," and I really like it. I had been having a lot of problems with leaky clearomizers, but then I found the Visions V3, and I have had next to no leaking with them.

But I like the look of the Gemini, it looks nice and shiny. Plus, its an ok price. I've just never heard anyone talking about them, so I wondered are they any good? The only thing putting me off is the "double heat coil." In the past I tired an "iTaste double coil." (I think that is what it was called?) But I found that it burned through my e-liquid too quick.

So, if anyone has tried the, Gemini, I'd love to hear what you think of it? Thank-you! :)

http://www.vaperus.ie/clearomizer/269-gemini-clearomizer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RedMarko

I bought an Itazte MVP 2.0 myself and sold it on here the next day. It depends on HOW you use it. For me I'm on the go a lot of the time I'm vaping so a big, heavy box mod was all wrong for me. I had no pockets that could hold it snugly at all so it walloped around all the time. It vaped brialliantly and it was rugged as hell, but totally the wrong device for my use.

I had the Kanger e-smart starter kit (when starting). I travel a lot and thought it would be useful to hold on to for travelling etc. Problem is, I don't find it near as satisfying since getting the MVP2.

The MVP2.0 isn't great for travelling with, so I'm in a bit of a quandry! Need something with the "power" of the iTazte but portability of the e-smart! Any ideas?

(Also - I hate putting my clearomiser into the airport seethrough bag as it generally gets forgotten and leaks - anyone seen any rubber plugs for them about?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

RedMarko wrote: »
    I had the Kanger e-smart starter kit (when starting). I travel a lot and thought it would be useful to hold on to for travelling etc. Problem is, I don't find it near as satisfying since getting the MVP2.

The MVP2.0 isn't great for travelling with, so I'm in a bit of a quandry! Need something with the "power" of the iTazte but portability of the e-smart! Any ideas?

(Also - I hate putting my clearomiser into the airport seethrough bag as it generally gets forgotten and leaks - anyone seen any rubber plugs for them about?!

I use a tiny plastic zip bag for teh clearo and then put that into the bigger seethrough bag (or just keep it seperate)

https://www.google.ie/search?q=plastic+zip+bag&client=firefox-a&hs=i5e&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&imgil=yn_YSov4fFXkmM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcRY3I7wYNznrppLqtjTS2p8OrFoqQGkAzy0Kd0L30oyKUUQ6LF_%253B2425%253B2141%253BjMMJKUXUlcJU_M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.ebay.com%25252Fitm%25252F80x120-mm-Plastic-Reclosable-Ziplock-Bags-for-coins-jewelry-%25252F150951636584&source=iu&usg=__LCA2Osk2ux5H-eQ-0WWzlg-Psa0%3D&sa=X&ei=ZmClU93eHoTG7Aa4xIH4Dw&ved=0CDUQ9QEwAA&biw=1440&bih=763#facrc=_&imgrc=yn_YSov4fFXkmM%253A%3BjMMJKUXUlcJU_M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fshrani.si%252Ff%252F20%252FpO%252F3yrItxrm%252Fplastic-zip-bags-photofi.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fitm%252F80x120-mm-Plastic-Reclosable-Ziplock-Bags-for-coins-jewelry-%252F150951636584%3B2425%3B2141

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Hi Gillian, how are you?

I started a thread a while back on the Gemini, if you go onto search in vaping then type Gemini it should appear straightaway. Can't link for you atm as on my phone.

It really was a v good clearo, much better than Evod, T3 etc, but there's little hope of rebuilding them, believe me I tried, so the heads really have to be bought again BUT they are quite a rare clearo for some reason so you might not get more of them or the heads too easily after a while.
    Fasttech have non afaik.

Have you ventured into rebuilding yet?

I'm having a bit of an issue with my Liquid and I wonder if anyone can help me Trouble shoot it.

Basically last week I switched coils in my Protank mini 3, The old coil was working great, loads of vapour and flavour but it was worn out. The new Coil was going great but then something went wrong, it started gurgling and making a very funny noise on the draw and I started getting a very watery taste from my Juices which I had never gotten before.

I've changed the coil again and its not as bad but still the watery taste is present. All the Juices are steeped for 4 or 5 weeks,stored properly and well shaken. Could it be the coils aren't wicking properly? The taste is particularly pronounced when chain vaping.

I don't think its vapers tongue as I've had that before and this is different.

TL/DR: My juices all taste watery and I don't knw if its the tank, the juice, the coil or me. Any help really appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

It sounds like it could be juice or condensation in the centre tube.

Wrap a tissue loosely around the drip tip and give it a couple of sharp flicks,if juice comes out do it a few more times till nothing more comes out.
    Then roll a tissue into a point and insert into the drip tip and air hole to clear any excess juice.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I blow through the drip tip onto some kitchen towel. If that doesn't work I take it apart and clean it under running water. Get some qtips and dry the inside of the tube. Reassemble carefully and don't over tighten and it should be ok.

Thanks lads, don't think thats it though as the tank has been cleaned throughly several times since this started happening. Had a decent vape last night with some different juice, could it be that the juice has gone bad in the space of 5 weeks? All the affected juice is from the same supplier but different batches and different mixes so I don't think its a supplier issue.

I've noticed that my VG heavy juices have got a lot more fluid during this spell of hot weather so I'm storing them in the fridge.
    You could try that and see if it makes any difference.

I've noticed that my VG heavy juices have got a lot more fluid during this spell of hot weather so I'm storing them in the fridge.
    You could try that and see if it makes any difference.

That had occurred to me alright, I've stuck them in the Fridge now to see if that makes a difference;)

I think the problem is probably the coil though, one or two people across the internet have had issues with bad tasting coils. Also the batteries I'm using don't have the recommended voltage for the Ohms of the coils. Is it possible that they could produce buckets of vapor but no flavor? Will have lower Ohm Coils in a couple of days anyway so hopefully that will make a difference.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

No bother,

yeah could be a batch of dud coils,you could try cleaning some of your old coils and rewicking them with cotton.
    There are loads of vids on YT and it's easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

thinking of buying this

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

anyone know what they are like? whats the difference between the T3 and Aspire maxi? am i making the right choice?

Thanks

• Advertisement

kingtiger wrote: »
    thinking of buying this

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

anyone know what they are like? whats the difference between the T3 and Aspire maxi? am i making the right choice?

Thanks

Good choice. The Aspire maxi is the way to go, much newer design than the T3.

My nemesis appears to be shorting out, any idea what it could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Only thing to do is strip it down clean any debris out. I would be thinking of small bits of kanthal etc maybe lodged in there. If the nemi appears ok try another battery.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Only thing to do is strip it down clean any debris out. I would be thinking of small bits of kanthal etc maybe lodged in there. If the nemi appears ok try another battery.

I've just done a complete strip down, clean etc. So hopefully that will do the trick. It's odd, I had a flat top 18650 in it and it just stopped dead. The battery was completely discharged. Chucked a charged up 18350 in there, got a shock off it and the battery got very hot, very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Could the switch pin be unscrewed and touching the bottom of the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

My nemesis appears to be shorting out, any idea what it could be?

Have you got a spring or magnets in the switch,check all delrin insulators & did you try another battery yet,funny thing is,I had 2 efest batteries go crazy on me yesterday,I noticed this on my charger,maybe a bad batch had turned up over here.

I've checked everything and it all looks to be working ok. The only thing I haven't been able to ascertain is what is inside the top cap.

Using the exact same set up in a Sigelei 20 and it works fine.

Handy excuse to buy the GP Paps clone though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Don't know how it could be the top cap unless the delrin is worn out and the positive pin is touching the negative somehow.

If you're ordering the paps you should add the hybrid kit for the nemesis and some battery spacer magnets to your order. The kit will add a new lease of life to your nemmy. The brass paps is a beaut btw.

The brass paps 3 tube set that FT have atm is flawless,got mine on Thurs and it hasn't left my hand since.

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Don't know how it could be the top cap unless the delrin is worn out and the positive pin is touching the negative somehow.

If you're ordering the paps you should add the hybrid kit for the nemesis and some battery spacer magnets to your order. The kit will add a new lease of life to your nemmy. The brass paps is a beaut btw.

I've put the kick back in after another good clean and it's working beautifully again.

which hybrid kit, for the Kayfun?

Advertisement