Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

ah no they stopped the preview for the next episode again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Caomihe has way better chemistry with Zumo than Decco imo

Neasa and Wayne should go on Dragon's Den :p

why is caomihe mad for hotels lol she attracted to them lol

Lucy lies to Dolores over her bracelet

Airs Tuesday, Mar 20 2012

Wayne is confused when Lucy acts cool with him, and Bob tells him that he is beginning to behave like a stalker. At the same time, Lucy organises for Peter to leave the house, allowing her to spend quality time with Dolores. She is shocked when Dolores gives her a charm for her bracelet, but unbeknown to Dolores, Lucy has already pawned it. She cries and lies that she lost the bracelet.

Later, Lucy approaches Zumo and tries to get her bracelet back. However, he tells her that she won't get it back unless she flashes the cash. When Lucy learns that Dolores is heading out to Laura, she starts to cry again. She tells Dolores that she never got to see her mother, as her dad was in such a mood and 'losing' her bracelet has really upset her. Dolores then cancels her night out with Laura.

Meanwhile, a worried Yvonne decides to go behind Bela's back and makes an appointment for him to see Judith. However, when the doctor calls to him, Bela is furious with her interference.

Elsewhere, Paul feels lumbered with family duties while Niamh's business flourishes, and Dermot is forced to conclude that he will have to come clean about his marriage - but where will that leave the Dillons?

The locals hear news about Suzanne

Airs Wednesday, Mar 21 2012

Bela and Esther are shocked when they learn that Suzanne has gone into labour. Yvonne explains that Suzanne didn't want to tell anyone until she knew for definite. However, Esther complains that she shouldn't have gone in the first place, and calls Yvonne selfish for making Suzanne go.

Later, Charlie notes how weary Yvonne is and that she is struggling in Vinos, while Suzanne's baby is celebrated by all the community in McCoys pub. Yvonne feels weighted down by her responsibility with Vinos, Bela and Rita. Charlie tells her that he and Esther are there for her. However, Yvonne muses that she came back to look after Suzanne and now she is stuck with loads more responsibility.

Meanwhile, Niamh notes Charlotte's grip on Rachel. Niamh tells a delighted Rachel that she's going to be pitching a job in Manchester, so she'll bring her for a girlie weekend. Later, a smug Paul chats to Dermot about him and Niamh going into business, but when Dermot tells him that Niamh just wants him to look after the house, he is humiliated. Niamh then arrives in and makes matters worse when she tells him that he is not qualified enough for her business.

Elsewhere, time is running out for Lucy to get her bracelet back as Zumo turns the screw and insists that she must pay by the weekend. Who can she turn to without revealing her secret?

Wayne discovers Lucy's secret

Airs Thursday, Mar 22 2012

When Wayne gives Lucy the loan, she tells him that she wants to keep this quiet. However, when he gives her the money, she shoots him down for a date. Soon afterwards, Wayne spots Lucy but is shocked to see her follow Zumo up an alleyway. She gives Zumo the money for the bracelet, but he tells her that he's already had a higher offer and she can't have it. He pushes her out of the lock-up, and she kicks at the door calling him a thief.

Zumo comes out and threatens Lucy, but Wayne spots this and shouts at him to get away. Zumo leaves and Lucy tearfully tells Wayne that she sold her bracelet so she could buy something nice for her mother, but her day was ruined as when her father found out he tore up the voucher. Later, Wayne corners Zumo and gets the bracelet back. Wayne arrives back like a knight in shining armour with the bracelet, pretending that Zumo roughed him up. The pair then share a kiss.

Meanwhile, Niamh is so stressed that she asks Paul to help with creating links and putting them up on a website. Soon afterwards, Paul becomes even more annoyed when Rachel only wants Niamh to see her teacher. A panicked Paul then realises that he has lost half of Niamh's essential work on her laptop, and to make matters worse he loses a customer. Niamh is horrified to learn that Paul has deleted half the website, and Rachel is furious when Niamh forgets to meet her teacher.

Elsewhere, already feeling the stress in work, Yvonne is under pressure from all sides when Suzanne decides to stay in Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Caomihe has way better chemistry with Zumo than Decco imo

Neasa and Wayne should go on Dragon's Den :p

I was just thinking earlier on that I would love to see Dermot on Winning Streak. It would be a complete change of scene without moving from the RTE studio, but your idea is much better, although they would probably rip Wayne to shreds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

God, Caoimhe is the worst actress ever... Really poor episode tonight...

- Zumo with the dodgy watches in a place that is frequented by the local Gardaí
    - Bob tells somebody never to do business with a Bishop before serving him his dinner...
    - Eileen telling the daughter that Denzo is getting engaged, when he hasnt even asked Caoimhe...

And all the token references to recession, NAMA, developers.. every stereotype in the book.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I really wanna punch Caoimhe - I hope to god Sash or Vivienne knocks her out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I know Fair City is fictional and everything but I'm still relieved that Caoimhe dropped out of medical school. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

That nun at the bottom of the page will give me nightmares. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I would have thought that Neasa would have gotton Yvonne to proof the vouchers before printing them all off - that's basic stuff really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Alice1

cofy wrote: »
    I would have thought that Neasa would have gotton Yvonne to proof the vouchers before printing them all off - that's basic stuff really.
    Yes! Standard practise I would have thought.

that bloody scary nun is at it again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

that bloody scary nun is at it again

Who? Her?

dougalsulking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Elmo wrote: »
    Who? Her?

dougalsulking.jpg

That's Leo's bird in Fair City isn't it? Yer wan that works in Spar.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Yeah that's her!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

God, Caoimhe is the worst actress ever... Really poor episode tonight...
    :

I think she's great - she really reminds me of a friend of mine with her strops.

Love the dynamic between herself and neasa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Gotta love Wayne - one of the best characters in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Caoimhe gets worse and worse..

I love Wayne, he's such a legend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Missed the end - what sentence did Decco get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

They're really trying to turn Caoimhe into a Tracey Barlow sort.
    I bet what happens is she wont move out of the flat Decco got for her so Zumo moves in too and they start an affair... I should write this shizz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Missed the end - what sentence did Decco get?

3 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Excellent storyline well played out , that Cancer chancer needs her comeupponce.
    Lucy having a snap at Bob tonight too , I think shes just a crazy stalker and will prob end up trying to kill Pete or make out he raped her or something . Maybe she will start off by doing away with Laura and a few others , there is a cull of cast and crew planned after all , enter Lucy and her love of arsenic.
    Wayne being all emotional with Yvonne was quality too I think he does really play his part well .
    Good aul fair city went from being dire for two weeks to being spectacular again.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

el diablo wrote: »
    That's Leo's bird in Fair City isn't it? Yer wan that works in Spar.

First appearance about 30 seconds in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

cloptrop wrote: »
    Excellent storyline well played out , that Cancer chancer needs her comeupponce.
    Lucy having a snap at Bob tonight too , I think shes just a crazy stalker and will prob end up trying to kill Pete or make out he raped her or something . Maybe she will start off by doing away with Laura and a few others , there is a cull of cast and crew planned after all , enter Lucy and her love of arsenic.
    Wayne being all emotional with Yvonne was quality too I think he does really play his part well .
    Good aul fair city went from being dire for two weeks to being spectacular again.
    Ya she could poison the food in the pig and the whole street would be dead by tea time seeing as theyr all so fond of the place! I really believe shell accuse Pete of assault or rape and start to try to isolate dolores

i sat down at 9pm to watch fair city after corrie on rte +1 and then the 5 seconds in the channel stopped working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kalimah

tajd wrote: »
    i sat down at 9pm to watch fair city after corrie on rte +1 and then the 5 seconds in the channel stopped working :(
    The same happened to me last night! I was disgusted. Looking at the digital box it seemed to say that FC was unavailable on the RTE + 1. More Equity issues?

Kalimah wrote: »
    The same happened to me last night! I was disgusted. Looking at the digital box it seemed to say that FC was unavailable on the RTE + 1. More Equity issues?

wow rte will pay for EE but not its flagship soap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Yep, it's nuts that Fair City isn't on the RTE+1 channel or on the RTE Player. They should cull the entire cast and start again with new actors given a contract that's in tune with the 21st century.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smashling7

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Yep, it's nuts that Fair City isn't on the RTE+1 channel or on the RTE Player. They should cull the entire cast and start again with new actors given a contract that's in tune with the 21st century.

Theres nothing wrong with the current cast - leave them be!! I'd miss them if they were to start over...

As for rte player etc I deffo think that it should be included!

Also, agree with the Caoimhe and Zumo prediction above! Haha!

Does any1 know how Lucy knows the social worker yet?

• Advertisement

can anyone confirm that if go to watch fair city on rte +1 that will never work or was it just a one time thing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement