Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

kendragon wrote: »
    Gears is £19.95 now. Thats twice i've missed it at the cheaper price from two different sources. Still i'm sure it'll appear again.
    It's still £14.95 on Zavvi and TheHut.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesnash.ie have a new ninja code up today, while it lasts, gamesnash will pay the vat on your pre order of max payne 3 making it around 43 quid. On phone so cant paste link but check their site or facebook page

EDIT: enter the code 'vatfree' in the discount code section in the checkout. Limited amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭oceanclub

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gotham city imposters is 7.5eu on steam, well worth it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Crosáidí wrote: »

Seems like they only had a sale on amazon a month ago too.

Seems like they only had a sale on amazon a month ago too.

Theyre going under, need to sell units

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Upcoming easter sale on amazon.com, L.A. Noire will be $4.99, Crusader Kings 2 will be $17.99

Serious Sam 3 €16

Driver SF €8.14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭wilser

Not sure how much of a bargain these are but Harvey Normans nutgrove had
    uncharted 3 for €17 &
    batman arkham city for €30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Meant to post this here earlier, but picked up Uncharted 3 in Currys (of all places!) for €27.99 at the weekend!

http://www.indieroyale.com
    Pre-orders open for the April Fools Bundle at €2.99

The best guesses of games so far are:
    "You can now semi-blind pre-order the five games in Indie Royale's April Fools Bundle at a recommended €/£/$10 or €/£/$5 USD contribution, and a minimum of $3.99 USD.
    Headlining the bundle in an acclaimed tower-defense game with a free built-in expansion (for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free). (Defense Grid: The Awakening?)
    Featured alongside it is a retro turn-based dungeon crawler (for Windows and Mac in a Steam debut, Windows and Linux on Desura, and Windows/Mac/Linux DRM-free), (Cardinal Snatch?)
    a pair of titles from the same developer spanning platformer shooter and horizontal shmup (for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free), (Alien Zombie Megadeath and AstroTripper?)
    and an incendiary 2D action platformer (for Windows on Desura and DRM-free). (Explodemon?)
    Those who pre-order the April Fools Bundle receive an awesome vocoder-heavy bonus: Sexy Synthesizer's Japanese '80s-style chip album Rock: Deluxe Edition, available in .FLAC and HQ .MP3 file formats. Those who pay over the minimum while the bundle is live will also receive the bonus.
    Indie Royale's April Fools Bundle will launch soon at $3.99 USD and up - watch our Twitter feed or Facebook page for immediate notice at launch time."
    None of these games are guaranteed to be in it though, they're just guesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭oceanclub

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Pre-orders open for the April Fools Bundle at €2.99

The best guesses of games so far are:

None of these games are guaranteed to be in it though, they're just guesses.

I presume there's no chance the "retro turn-based dungeon crawler" could be Legend of Grimrock, could it? Can't imagine it would be since they're doing a mid-price release.

P.

As much as I think PS+ is just for richie richers, PS+ subscribers are getting Shift 2 free from tomorrow. Best racing game on PS3 so I spose thats a bargain! Plus I Am Alive has a 20% discount tomorrow or PS+ users. Must look into how much a sub is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Got an the PSN newsletter e-mail today and according to that Darksiders is available to download on the PSN Store for €7.99.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Blur for a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

sheehy83]As much as I think PS+ is just for richie richers, PS+ subscribers are getting Shift 2 free from tomorrow. Best racing game on PS3 so I spose thats a bargain! Plus I Am Alive has a 20% discount tomorrow or PS+ users. Must look into how much a sub is!

I'm open to correction but would I be right in saying that any free games that you receive through PS+ is only available for as long as you stay subscribed?

Yupp but even if you got the 3 month sub, would be more than enough to finish a game. I checked it earlier and thought you were spose to get resi 1 and 2 free but they were a tenner. Shift 2 is class tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Defense Grid: The Awakening
    for: windows, desura, steam (pc)
    Hack, Slash, Loot
    for: windows, mac, linux, desura, steam (pc and mac)
    Alien Zombie Megadeath
    Explodemon
    for: windows, desura
    BONUS: Astro Tripper

Defence grid comes with resurgence maps 1-4

Also, Be there for this:
    http://groupees.com/bemine2
    It's going to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Xtravision currently have a 3 for 2 offer on some preowned games.

Picked up 6 PS3 games (Deus Ex HR, Dead space 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Need for Speed Shift, Modnation Racers) for €60 total, today. (If anyone's interested in getting these particular games, I got them at the Nutgrove SC branch and they had multiple copies.)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Stevie_D_D

Crosáidí wrote: »

Can we redeem them using an Irish account do you know? I thought I tried that before and I couldn't download the games. Thanks

You need an Amazon.com account, a US address and Zip code.
    Google someone in 90210 :p

Irish credit cards and 3v-type cards work and nothing is mailed, so is good.

Dragon Age
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/games?prio=relevance&q=eaeaster

Dead Space 2
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DS2UK/dead-space-2

Given the prices are in GBP, I assume these validate on Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I assume the above advice will allow for these to work:

Some pretty good deals @ Amazon.com(Downloads)

Fancy list at CheapAssGamer

Example:

The Darkness II - €9.55(Conversion charges may apply)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Paradox Interactive has sent out the City in Motion keys from the survey a few weeks back:D

I assume the above advice will allow for these to work:

Some pretty good deals @ Amazon.com(Downloads)

Fancy list at CheapAssGamer

Example:

The Darkness II - €9.55(Conversion charges may apply)

L.A. Noire and Shift 2 Unleashed only €3.82 :)

Paradox Interactive has sent out the City in Motion keys from the survey a few weeks back:D
    don't work on steam sadly

http://www.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle-1

Dunno about any of the games in this thing.
    Any of them good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

So today i'm downloading:

Cities In Motion
    Crysis 2
    Shift 2
    Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War
    X3: Terrain Conflict

lol

(paid less than €20 for them all though, of course CIM free.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement