Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

60th bday pressie for bf's mother

Options
  • 20-01-2014 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi, I'm with my bf for a little over a year and his mother's 60th birthday is coming soon.

We have a great relationship together and I stay over at his almost every weekend and his parents are absolutely fantastic to me. I'm not from here so I spend a lot of time with his family and we get along very well.

I want to get something special for her. I'm thinking maybe I could buy her a voucher for a night's stay in a spa resort (a bit pricey I think) or maybe a voucher for a department store for around 100 euros (which I think is a bit lame).

She is quite into fashion, accessories and jewellery but a classy lady. She also likes a good craic and a night out with her girlfriends. Maybe I could get her two tickets to a nice show?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I got my MIL a decent pair of gloves and a matching scarf for her birthday recently. Would she like that kind of thing? Something to match a new coat or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

While I like vouchers myself I think buying something specific is much more memorable so why not pick her out a nice piece of jewellery? Take note of what type she wears (yellow gold, white gold) and get something along those lines. It'll be something she can keep and will always remind her of you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Two tickets to a nice show.

Advertisement