Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

so a funny thing happened

• 30-12-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I was looking around the warcraft forums, logged in and what not so i could post as I've been wondering about the size of the game download from scratch and to see if it would be any better to install my discs, i have vanilla through to cata and mop was digital download as I only have 20gb or so left on my data allowance until the 7th next month.

anyway I was happily posting on a thread from last year where someone had asked the same thing, keeping it all neat and tidy hoping I'd get some help when out of the blue I checked a few hours later and to my surprise, rather than some helpful word of advice or knowledge from a blue the damn thread was locked, rather than help they locked me out of my own request!

honestly, I know blue's are people too and like all people some can be dicks but they didn't even have the decency to let anyone else reply!

don't know the point of this thread but just thought I'd throw that out there and see what you guys think :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Just checked the wow folder on my computer and its 27gb.

Its probably better to use the discs and then download the rest, I think mop is about 7gb but im not sure.

Downloading the game from scratch must at least 20gb so it puts you at your download allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jonasvalent

thats what i was thinking though the good people on the blizzard forum thought it best to lock my thread and hope the problem just went away rather than give me some technical support!

on a side note, i dont think i'll be deleting any of my games again, kinda stupid really considering the allure that warcraft has for me to go deleting all my copies of it!

well here i go installing it, had to dig out my wifes copy of vanilla so 5 discs of that then the 3 expansions i have then the MoP download Oo

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jonasvalent

so i've got all my discs on there, up to cata at least, MoP i had downloaded off of the store and its sitting at 11.8GB so now its just getting the game to update the launcer and see how much downloading it actually needs to do.

Advertisement