Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine WiMax outdoor antenna

• 29-05-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

HI all

Does anyone have Imagine's WiMax service using the outdoor antenna as against their indoor hub. If you do can you tell me what the quality of service is like and what kind of speeds are you getting? I ask as my folks are looking for broadband and a better phone service but as they live over 7km from the nearest town DSL is not an option for them (according to Eircom) and sadly neither is Digiweb's Metro service owing to line of sight issues.

Cunnijo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Midband, as Imagine Wimax is not really a broadband service.

First thing to check is if it's even available to them. Second, it won't matter what other people get as it will be irrelevant to your parents. Only when they test it will they know how it works for them. It works for some, and not for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hi Jor el

Thanks for the reply. My folks tell me that they have been in contact with Imagine and were told the service is available for them only with the outdoor antenna. I am hoping that someone has the service using same to get some of their experiences/feedback. I do not want them to order something without some feedback first.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I want to find out is it any good, thinking if getting it because it is the only one apart from mobile broadband.

Advertisement