Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst punishment imposed by your parents

• 15-02-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

My mum smacked me across the face when I was about ten, can't even remember what it was for. But its stayed with me to this day and I still remember how horrible it was. What's your punishment horror story from childhood?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Making me sit there and eat Oxtail soup even though I hated it, I was literally made sit at the table for about an hour. Funny thing is it's now one of my favourite soups, I was just being bratty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Having to watch Constipation Street. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

wooden spoon across the arse, stings like hell :eek:
    One time I had a bar of toffee (think scotch toffee) in my back pocket, it took the hiding and I acted it up :D it was broken up into pieces.

oh and stew, I hated it :) but Id probably love it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

LIFE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

They made me live in the cellar for 10 years and i survived on dog food and drain water,but how we laugh at it now looking back!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Taking away the playstation.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I used to get a clatter across the head every now and again. My mother roared through the first 16 years of my life. Just irritating tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

my parents got so angry with me after i dropped out of college that they through me out of the house. they then got a barring order against me from entering the house again. i didn't speak to them for 6 months after. when i started speaking to them again things were never the same and i don't think they ever will be the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Not my parents, but the boarding school I was at made made us all write to our parents and explain why we were all getting suspended for two weeks.

Collected all the letters and told us they would-be in the first post

Then waited till 5 the next day to say they where letting it pass

CSSp know how to duck with your head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

kinetic wrote: »
    They made me live in the cellar for 10 years and i survived on dog food and drain water,but how we laugh at it now looking back!

You Austrian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

paky wrote: »
    my parents got so angry with me after i dropped out of college that they through me out of the house. they then got a barring order against me from entering the house again. i didn't speak to them for 6 months after. when i started speaking to them again things were never the same and i don't think they ever will be the same again.

Bit harsh imo.

Lost my TV and Playstation for a month but had my radio and developed a massive grá for radio as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

How did they get a barring order? That's messed up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

0066ad wrote: »
    How did they get a barring order? That's messed up.

my mother went to the courts. it was pretty traumatic. the day i refused to go to court i was at home in my parents house. that morning she came and told me to go to court. i didn't think she was serious so i laughed at her. she came back in with the telephone and smashed it off my head. :pac:

i rarely speak to them anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Probably just a good crack on the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

They wouldn't let me watch the Merseyside Derby in April '89, I had gone hurling training after school but then went off for a game of football after it without telling anyone, they had no idea where I was. Obviously when I turned up I got a bollocking. I had asked my hurling trainer to call in to tell them where I had gone but it was only ten mins after I got home he turned up :rolleyes:

Always remember being in my room that night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

A sound trashing. Deserved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

The belt. Jez that stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

No sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

my mother went to the courts. it was pretty traumatic. the day i refused to go to court i was at home in my parents house. that morning she came and told me to go to court. i didn't think she was serious so i laughed at her. she came back in with the telephone and smashed it off my head. :pac:

Wow, you are better off without people like that in your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

Not a punisment as such, more "for my own good". Mam took away the playstation while I was "concentrating" on the Jnr cert. I was working through FF7 at the time, so it was taken away half way. Almost cried.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

Like OP I have a memory that never left me. It was of my mother calling me a little bitch when I was about 14. She never did that before and she hasn't done it since. Particularly as it turned out I hadn't actually done anything...

I remember running away from home at about age 5 or 6 and being made eat fish fingers (which I hated) in bed when they finally found me after dark....

Got a good smack too. Did me no harm. I'm a fairly well behaved adult :D

I would completely cut out all contact with them. That's monstrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Probably a slap on the back of the legs. Stung like fuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

If I said a bad word, my mother used to put mustard on my tongue. I remember running straight up the stairs to the bathroom every time to wash it off my tongue. Worst that any smack, I still hate mustard to this day.

If I said a bad word, my mother used to put mustard on my tongue. I remember running straight up the stairs to the bathroom every time to wash it off my tongue. Worst that any smack, I still hate mustard to this day.

My dad did that with my sisters because they still sucked their thumb when they were 10 or 11. it was hilarious to watch. they'd wash it off then put it back in their mouth and could still taste it and would grimace everytime for ages after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Eh belted with a belt on a tippy toes, left behind in the square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

The Sally rod :eek:

Hung over the range like a God and was pointed at more often than the sacred heart :D

Rarely used, the fear was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

i dont ever remember being hit tbh, or even screamed at either :)

i was stopped from watching Father Ted for a few weeks after i said bollox in front of my mam when i was about 10, and when she asked where i heard that word i just said from Father Ted, should have said nothing :pac:

or during the run up to my junior cert my dad was helping me with the one subject i was severly terrible at, maths, i remember him going mad at me and throwing the pen and paper across the room when i didnt get the question, he thought i was just being lazy and not doing any study, when really i was just clueless about anything like that :o
    i passed everything quite well though so dont regret it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

My Ma used to wash out our mouths with soap anytime you'd curse in her house. It was the most horrible taste ever.

Advertisement