Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

so its my friends 21st tomorow and me and my other friend were going to gether as its the three of us that are very close!

just a text from my friend saying that she got called into work tomorrow and now im stuck going by myself!

oh dear im scared!! i dont know any of her friends or family!!

:(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Watching tangled!! :)

I loved that movie, Maximus the horse is hilarious in it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

krudler wrote: »
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Watching tangled!! :)

I loved that movie, Maximus the horse is hilarious in it

And Pascal!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to just take her toilet brush and leave it in the kitchen sink. :mad:

Just use her toothbrush to clean her toilet;)

Evils. I haz them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Neyite wrote: »
    I love friday nights when you've got the Pj's and slippers on, chinese on the way, Ice Cream for laters, and monday morning is aaaggges away :)

I'd KILL for a takeaway and icecream, we're trying to be good though after a few weeks of attempting to eat ourselves to death :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Just use her toothbrush to clean her toilet;)

I know someone who did this, it freaked me out so much that whenever I houseshare I keep my toothbrush in my bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

well, my bathroom now stinks of bleach, but it's shiny and clean now :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Im 26 still ickle
    with friend full of cake and nicecream om nom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

UGH. Longest journey ever. I fell asleep in the car on the way back from Dublin and my brother went the wrong way so we had to drive through Ballybunion to get back to Killarney. Awful roads. Oh well. My Daddy is here! And shmaller brother! Although he is taller than me now :eek: Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

I GOT A JOB!!!

Six months of trying!!! Just heard now!!!! :):):)

Thats Brilliant :)

Hugs to those who need it and Smiles for those who have had great news - Sad too see 2 loungers go :(:(

I HAVE FOUND MY WEDDING DRESS YAY :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Posy wrote: »
    I'm trying to muster up the strength to dry my hair (there's a LOT of it) and tidy my wardrobe.
    I work so much that on my rare days off it's physically really hard to be motivated to do anything.
    I WILL get my wardrobe tidied though, dammit- my 'throw out all old underwear and socks' plan earlier worked well and was very cleansing. (I actually ended up with a full black sack of old bras/knickers/socks!) :o
    Love when I eventually get this job done. It is very 'mind cleansing' to know that all your presses, drawers, shelves etc have been tidied and all rubbish eliminated. I just don't know though how it all falls to pieces so quickly afterwards.

My word Acoshla...can't imagine what the new cake is going to look like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So a 3 year old knows how to open the screen lock on my phone.

Trying my best to stay away from the fridge tonight but I've got no will power.

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    My word Acoshla...can't imagine what the new cake is going to look like...

On my fb page is it? Yeah, it's something alright! I was like "Ugh, it's so ugly, yet so perfectly executed!" It's SO rude!! It says "To have and to hold" *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

mum called back, and left me even more upset :(

fml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Sad to see the ladies go, hope they'll be back soon :(
    Congrats on the job Seomra! Super happy dance!

I have had an incredible day. Made it to all of my three lectures, really enjoyed the two economics ones, and figured out I'm actually quite good at them in class - I was able to answer loads! My lecturer called me and four others up at the end of class and I started panicking about whether it was about skipping lectures/tutorials, but no, she wanted to tell us that our work was fantastic, standard of work in our last assignment was to be kept up as it was exceptional and our grade should reflect that, if we keep it up we'll definitely get firsts... Feeling majorly chuffed - them giving me that grade wasn't a fluke!
    Then I got a phonecall from Oxfam Bookshop, I'd entered a draw the other day when I bought books in there, and I've won a hamper of books, cds and dvds :) Gonna get it tomorrow on my lunchbreak :)
    Also handed up 2700 words of my FYP (its meant to be 2500-3000 max), which doesnt include the conclusion and most of which was written today, and my supervisor liked my makeshift title!

Got Lennoxes chips on the way home, I have wine in the fridge, Ben and Jerrys in the freezer and my housemate brought me home a maltesers bunny :) Happy out.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'd KILL for a takeaway and icecream, we're trying to be good though after a few weeks of attempting to eat ourselves to death :(

I'm allowed, cos baby is making me do it. Yup. All baby's fault, especially the icecream. Calcium for baby, see. And I'm also putting mango and strawberry on it which makes it postively healthy. :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My mother just came into my room holding a bra aloft.

"I found this in the big sack of old knickers and bras you're throwing out, sure this is practically new."

My mother has obviously been in the kitchen meticulously going through the big bag all my old underwear.
    Now I want to die. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm allowed, cos baby is making me do it. Yup. All baby's fault, especially the icecream. Calcium for baby, see. And I'm also putting mango and strawberry on it which makes it postively healthy. :p
    Ugh, I hate you health nuts! :p

Heh, that's what I'll say to boyfriend after dinner, "Can we get icecream? I'm allowed to have some because the baby wants it" :pac:

• Advertisement

On my fb page is it? Yeah, it's something alright! I was like "Ugh, it's so ugly, yet so perfectly executed!" It's SO rude!! It says "To have and to hold" *shudder*

AH gawd!!! are you gonna post a full picture?

Who came up with that idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Amy Farrah Fowler is hilarious. :D:D:D

AH gawd!!! are you gonna post a full picture?

Who came up with that idea?

Yep full pic will be up over the weekend, I just like to do the little pics to get people interested :) It's for my mom's friend's daughter, her mum asked for it, my mother was shocked! She showed it to everyone that called to the house today, uncle, aunt, her male ex boss, just to shock them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

So a 3 year old knows how to open the screen lock on my phone.

Trying my best to stay away from the fridge tonight but I've got no will power.

Small people and technology - Made to make techno phobes like me feel mega inadequate!

I had a MAJOR blow out today. Serious lack of will power. Waiting now 'till after Pancake Tuesday then cupboards will be swept bare of all things tempting. Well, thats the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I know someone who did this, it freaked me out so much that whenever I houseshare I keep my toothbrush in my bedroom.

Haha!

I lived in a digs with two girls from my course for a week. Then I moved out to a different house and forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste. I went back to collect it and they joked that they used it to clean the toilet. Needless to say, that toothbrush went straight into the bin. It was probably fine...but still. *shudder*
    It was only a week old too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Yep full pic will be up over the weekend, I just like to do the little pics to get people interested :) It's for my mom's friend's daughter, her mum asked for it, my mother was shocked! She showed it to everyone that called to the house today, uncle, aunt, her male ex boss, just to shock them :)

is there a link to your page? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

musical.x wrote: »
    is there a link to your page? :)

+1! I'd love to have a gander :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I GOT A JOB!!!

Six months of trying!!! Just heard now!!!! :):):)

Congrats on the new job SM!:)
    Links234 wrote: »
    damnit, ALL my plans for the evening have gone to **** now... I'm ****ing livid

*Hugs* That was so inconsiderate of her to do Links, I hope your evening with you're GF ends up going okay after all though x
    I WILL get my wardrobe tidied though, dammit- my 'throw out all old underwear and socks' plan earlier worked well and was very cleansing. (I actually ended up with a full black sack of old bras/knickers/socks!) :o

I love doing stuff like that, clearing out the old stuff and then you can finally see everything again!
    My mother just came into my room holding a bra aloft.

"I found this in the big sack of old knickers and bras you're throwing out, sure this is practically new."

My mother has obviously been in the kitchen meticulously going through the big bag all my old underwear.
    Now I want to die. :(

Bahahahahaha....... that is so like something my mum would do! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Feel like crap today all fluey..

Ordered new computer should be here by wednesday cant wait :)

Bear is slowly learning how to play and being spoilt rotten. Makes a great footwarmer in bed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla, I just saw that picture, and I don't know if i'm just thick but it took me a moment to cop what I was looking at! :o

I'm watching Take me out for the first time. My god, it's mortifying. Why would someone go on this show? ....yet I can't stop watching...
    See this is what happens when the OH doesn't stay over, I watch ****e on tv...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement