Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

when do birds stop nesting?

• 16-06-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I have had birds nesting in my eaves since April. After a few weeks, all went quiet again and I thought they were gone. A few weeks on, same thing again -lots of noise (presumably more chicks) and now the past week has been quiet again. A week ago, there was a terrible racket, like there were birds fighting and a good few chick-like feathers on the ground. Am assuming the latest brood have gone. I am waiting to fix up my damaged fascia/soffit. Are they likely to be finished nesting by now?

it's been quiet now for over a week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sounds like starlings and if it has gone quiet again they have left, so you should be safe to repair your roof. No doubt they will find some other suitable hole in your roof as they are persistent buggers. :D

Advertisement