Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Youtube version of the above gamespot vid:

Disappointed about lack of dual wield (considering the setting) but still really looking forward to this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, strange that there's no dual wield in it.

That guy from Gamespot is one of the worst presenter/interviewers I have ever seen. He has been covering SD at comic con for gamespot but lads on the official forums flooded his twitter complaining when he cut SD coverage short because they showed too much halo 4.

Can a Mod delete the 'formerly true crime: hong kong' bit from the subject title please?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yeah, strange that there's no dual wield in it.

That guy from Gamespot is one of the worst presenter/interviewers I have ever seen. He has been covering SD at comic con for gamespot but lads on the official forums flooded his twitter complaining when he cut SD coverage short because they showed too much halo 4.

Can a Mod delete the 'formerly true crime: hong kong' bit from the subject title please?

He's pretty woeful alright, his "banter" with the devs is woeful.

I'd leave it in the thread title, TC is a recognisable name and would draw people into looking at the thread. Be better to edit the first post and put in the new release date as well as the story behind the name change.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hope the pc version now be a crappy port :>

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »

I'd leave it in the thread title, TC is a recognisable name and would draw people into looking at the thread. Be better to edit the first post and put in the new release date as well as the story behind the name change.

Yeah thats true alright, I'm afraid this is going to go under a lot of peoples radars. Really hope they increase the difficulty of the fighting, looks too easy at the moment
    I hope the pc version now be a crappy port :>

The devs said the PC version was built from the ground up to take advantage of the new graphics cards on the market. No sign of official specs yet though.

New gameplay vid from 1:30 on. Looks like either a triad or cop upgrade includes getting a bar to jimmy cars with making them faster to break into.

Check out the Voice Cast, Emma Stone, Lucy Liu and a few boys from The Dark Knight and Infernal Affairs

Been some leaks of magazines with review scores. If these are true, then things are looking good.

600x-1

Been some leaks of magazines with review scores. If these are true, then things are looking good.

PIC

Yeah looking good indeed though unfortunately they are console reviews. Hoping the PC will be getting similar (or better considering its not a console port!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

when will we see a demo?for pc?

when will we see a demo?for pc?

Apparently a demo should be announced soon. Someone found a listing for the demo on Steam.

Good stuff,I can decide then to get it for pc or ps3 because my pc is getting on in years :'(

I got those leaked review scores from the official http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/ but now the Community Manager is after is after deleting the link and apologising but on the plus shide he is working on other...things. I think he is on about a demo announcement as thats what everyon on the forums is screaming for.

Brilliant vid of GSP visiting UFG and giving them advice on the fighting and playing it a bit "In real life i'm a nice guy, but when I play games I like to be eeeevil" and goes on a rampage haha

Good stuff,I can decide then to get it for pc or ps3 because my pc is getting on in years :'(

Has there been any official PC specs be announced yet?

Saw something a while back but not sure if that just guesswork.

Has there been any official PC specs be announced yet?

Saw something a while back but not sure if that just guesswork.

nothing official yet,someone posted specs a few pages back but I don't think there the official specs,it would be great if they were because I have a gtx 260 :)

nothing official yet,someone posted specs a few pages back but I don't think there the official specs,it would be great if they were because I have a gtx 260 :)

Yeah they were the predicted ones from game-debate though I'd say they may be a bit higher (not GTAIV crazy) but then again it may be really well optimized game :)

Ya, no official specs yet. Id say It will b soon though as specs will have to announced for the demo.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

10 minutes worth of gameplay footage.

that was awesome when he threw your man on top of the swordfish :D

• Advertisement

There is an hour long hands on german vid on youtube as well but I've seen too much if it now, gonna try avoid anymore vids. Cockfighting looks gas, I def see peta going mad over that

There is an hour long hands on german vid on youtube as well but I've seen too much if it now, gonna try avoid anymore vids. Cockfighting looks gas, I def see peta going mad over that

I'm gonna avoid too,Is the openess of this game similar to gta 4/red dead or would it be more similar to mafia 4?

I'm gonna avoid too,Is the openess of this game similar to gta 4/red dead or would it be more similar to mafia 4?

From what i've seen so far it looks like it's an open-end city with the story strictness of Mafia 2 i.e. it forces you where to go though I may be wrong. Imo this would be the only way to force the story along.

They've also mentioned that you can free-roam around the city once you've completed the story which makes me think more Mafia 2 again.

Ya, the devs said they want to keep the story moving along but I've seen people given a mission but go off and do a side mission instead. I don't think it will be as strict as Mafia 2 was. Devs said main story will be 15-20 hours but it will take 70-100 hours to 100% it.

Here is that hour video

Give us the damn demo already :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Give us the damn demo already :-D

Or don't give us a demo, some of us have our money down and don't want to have to replay sections for no gain :p

There has been a ton of gameplay vids and hands on previews, mostly from european countries, put onto youtube. These show a lot of pop in and glitches. Square Enix replied on the official forums with the below:
    There's a huge performance difference between `burned` media (ie what i
    create here for preview/review/shows) and actual manufactured
    discs..

Manufactured discs get roughly 3x the performance, so anything
    been shown in video clips currently is from people running of my burned discs
    and even tho we HAD warned them they will get performance issues people watching
    the clips wont know this.

Another big gameplay vid, I really just skipped through it as I'm seeing way too much of it.

I@m done with videos now. Seen too much for my own liking, and this will probably be the last new game I get before the end of October, so going to savour it for as long as possible.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I@m done with videos now. Seen too much for my own liking, and this will probably be the last new game I get before the end of October, so going to savour it for as long as possible.

Yeah same here. I've stopped watching/reading stuff about this game in case something gets spoiled as it sounds like quite a good story with a few nice twists.

Next thing I want to hear about this is a demo/system specs ;)

• Advertisement

Check out this new website. Find secrets in the night market to unlock exclusive vids (not that we want any more vids) but still cool.

http://www.nightmarket.sleepingdogs.net/

Advertisement