Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Streets of LA was good but I found the random cop bits just got repetitive. It was just the same thing over and over and over again. Hopefully they can sort that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I preferred NYC over the first one, just felt like a more solid game. Plus the fighting sections in the first were very clumsily put together (especially the boss fight on the helipad which was next to impossible). Oh yeah, and Nick Kang was also one of the most dickheaded characters I've ever had to play as in a game.

Quite interested in this though. Might pick it up on release if there is nothing else out that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya Nick was a d*ck haha Loved the soundtrack as well with some early 90's hip hop, loved cruising around to that. Liked arresting people as well. Hopefully there will be a demo for this although usually won't be with sandbox games. This might keep me going til Saints Row 3 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It wasnt bad tbh like a 7/10 game that you knew had issues but still played.

Will prolly get this one when its a tenner a week after release.

Guy on the helipad was easy if you did it right, just took ages for him to go tru his attack then you hit him once wait 5 minutes for you next oppurtunity etc:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I enjoyed Streets Of LA, thought it was a good mix of shooting, fighting and driving (though as far as I can remember, the driving felt like you were trying to steer a bath-tub. Never played the sequel though.
    This new one looks like harmless fun I don't reckon I'll be legging it out to buy it on the first day, or anything, but I'd defo give it a playthrough sooner or later.

On a side-bar, I remember playing a game about five years ago called Total Overdose. It was a kinda similar mix to the one found in True Crime, and also had that slow-mo effect. Wasn't fantastic, but I enjoyed it nontheless. Wouldn't mind playing a sequel to that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Read up on this last year seems to remind me a bit of Uncharted not saying its better but it similar to that it seems to be a mix of a few games.With Arkham Asylum like combat while also using enviroment kills.Chase sequences through streets like Assassins Creed & Car pursuits like Chinatown wars where you have to take out the people chasing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

GTR63 wrote: »
    Read up on this last year seems to remind me a bit of Uncharted not saying its better but it similar to that it seems to be a mix of a few games.With Arkham Asylum like combat while also using enviroment kills.Chase sequences through streets like Assassins Creed & Car pursuits like Chinatown wars where you have to take out the people chasing you.

Its 9 years old, shouldnt the other games you mentioned be bits of True Crime?.

Just saw this vid from E3 2010. Hadn't seen it before but this is pushing it to day one purchase for me!

Interview at start talks about game setting and then gameplay kicks in at 1.31. The chasing looks class, like a modern Assassins creed. Fighting looks good as well, very fluid. The motorbike chase just looked awesome. Game is looking to be a very good mix of GTA 4 and Saints Row 2.

Gonna watch this again!

You can read a preview on this digital magazine (fairly cool!)

http://www.egmnow.com/egmi/issue/244-3.html

Minigames include gambling, karaoke, cok fights, massages with happy endings haha and dating (booooooooooooo)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just saw this vid from E3 2010. Hadn't seen it before but this is pushing it to day one purchase for me!

Interview at start talks about game setting and then gameplay kicks in at 1.31. The chasing looks class, like a modern Assassins creed. Fighting looks good as well, very fluid. The motorbike chase just looked awesome. Game is looking to be a very good mix of GTA 4 and Saints Row 2.

Gonna watch this again!

That vid makes it look a whole lot better. The speed of the vehicle chase scenes is simply fantastic. I'll look forward to playing a demo of this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Not gonna lie.... that looks pretty ****ing awesome tbh.

Read on Eurogamer that Activishon has canned this game & the dead Guitar Hero series to focus on Call of Duty.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Read on Eurogamer that Activishon has canned this game & the dead Guitar Hero series to focus on Call of Duty.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I f*cking hope thats not true!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I f*cking hope thats not true!

It is i'm afraid.

So sickened! I read the dev company made a statement saying they are no longer working with Activision on this project but hope to work with them again soon. Do ya think there is a chance another publisher could pick this up? Or email to Activision to share my disgust?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It's on Gamespot too
    Another series headed for the chopping block is True Crime, a move that comes before the next game in the series, True Crime: Hong Kong, had even hit the market. The open-world crime game had been set to be released for the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 later this year. It had been in development at Canadian studio United Front Games (ModNation Racers).

In the same conference call, Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg said that the decision to cancel the True Crime was due to the fact Activision feels only top-tier games can be competitive in today's market--and that True Crime wasn't a top-tier game. "To be blunt, it just wasn't going to be good enough," he said.

Link

:(

I read UFG work with Activision so they can't look for another publisher? Sounds strange. It just got a great preview off CVG an all. **** Activision in their f*cking assess!!!

Sent UFG an email with my disgust for Activision. They really sh*t all over them.

TC: Hong Kong - R.I.P

Holy Fu*king fu*k balls!!!!!!

This is epic news!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yes, might make up for the epic let down that was L.A Noire

This makes me smile... A lot! :D

Here is the Sleeping Dogs Reveal Trailer!

Graphics look so real!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Here is the Sleeping Dogs Reveal Trailer!

Graphics look so real!!! :pac:

(Youtube video)

As the top comment says, i want a film, not a game after seeing that! My God like, that was better than most action films nowadays!

I didn't see any dogs in that trailer :pac: I did, however see a Liu Kang style bicycle kick though.

New vid with actual gameplay, looks absolutely brilliant and they say the combat has an almost batman asylum/city feel to it. Just looks class.

Mods, can someone change the title to 'Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: HK)' please?

Preview here:

http://www.gamesradar.com/sleeping-dogs-arkham-city-meets-just-cause-meets-max-payne/

same vide with more interviews with the devs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wasn't it originally slated to be released the same time or close to L.A Noire ? Let's hope it's everything that wasn't !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Sleeping Dogs is gonna be great! There's a scan of the map floating about on the net. Looks sweet!

• Advertisement

Can't find that map, if you come across it again, can you link it up?

Advertisement