Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RB3 General Discussion!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    Don;t use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , see that hole on the right side that looks like a standard headphone connection? Plug your drum pedal in there for lulz and giggles and see what happens when you have overdrive and press it ;)

Yeah I was reading that in the manual today, far more natural way of using it. Have a full band over tonight so will be stuck with same old ****ty overdrive button, but tomorrow I shall be hooking up that pedal fo' sho'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Any one else noticed its generous % calculation ? I'm play bass here at the minute as all I have is an xplorer on its death bed :mad: But played walk of life there on expert bass , and I now for sure I broke my streak and positive I missed notes. Yet according to the stats i gold star fc'd it 100% :eek:

Can't wait to get back down home to my own xbox tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pmass4

Got my new drums today :D Had to go all the way to GameStop Port Laoise to get them, but boy was it worth the drive :) I love it!!

I still wish that the cymbals were a bit easier to get. I don't know whether to wait and see if GameStop or any shop will get them in stock or just try and buy them on the Internet. Any ideas anyone on what to do? :)

My brother lives in America, would it be easier for me to get him to buy them and bring them home at Christmas?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I managed to 100% Combat Baby on Expert Pro Keys, yay! I still suck like crazy, though, so it's back to Medium with me again. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Goes to show how few mustangs have actually hit retail that there are only 138 people on the xbl leaderboard for pro guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

pmass4 wrote: »
    Got my new drums today :D Had to go all the way to GameStop Port Laoise to get them, but boy was it worth the drive :) I love it!!

I still wish that the cymbals were a bit easier to get. I don't know whether to wait and see if GameStop or any shop will get them in stock or just try and buy them on the Internet. Any ideas anyone on what to do? :)

My brother lives in America, would it be easier for me to get him to buy them and bring them home at Christmas?

Thanks.

I'm looking to get these aswell. this seems a decent price:
    http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-PRO-Cymbals-Expansion-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003RS1AIS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames-intl-ship&qid=1288469722&sr=8-2

about €28 before delivery, can't imagine it'd go over €40 altogether. There's also a listing for RB2 cymbals but I imagine these will probably be improved.

Edit: holy sh!t was I wrong! shipping is $25 and then import fees is $13.64, bringing it to a total of $78.61 or €56 approx!

Remember lads these dont work on a Rock Band 1 kit

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I'm looking to get these aswell. this seems a decent price:
    http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-PRO-Cymbals-Expansion-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003RS1AIS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames-intl-ship&qid=1288469722&sr=8-2

about €28 before delivery, can't imagine it'd go over €40 altogether. There's also a listing for RB2 cymbals but I imagine these will probably be improved.

Edit: holy sh!t was I wrong! shipping is $25 and then import fees is $13.64, bringing it to a total of $78.61 or €56 approx!
    Remember lads these dont work on a Rock Band 1 kit

I still think €56 is a decent price. Like if GameStop were to sell them, I'd say that they would be near the €40-45 mark due to the scarcity of cymbals they would be selling. So you could think of the extra €16/11 as the price for getting them before everyone else :L ha.

And I know they don't work on RockBand 1 kits. I have a Beatles RockBand kit, it'll work with them, won't it?

Thanks lads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

pmass4 wrote: »
    I still think €56 is a decent price. Like if GameStop were to sell them, I'd say that they would be near the €40-45 mark due to the scarcity of cymbals they would be selling. So you could think of the extra €16/11 as the price for getting them before everyone else :L ha.

And I know they don't work on RockBand 1 kits. I have a Beatles RockBand kit, it'll work with them, won't it?

Thanks lads. :)

I dunno, i'd stretch to €40 but no more personally. at €56 i think i'd rather just spring for the keyboard which is about €70.

They do indeed work on the beatles drumkit (which is basically a skinned RB2 kit) which I have myself. Also, considering you can get a RB1 kit in HMV for €11.99, €56 for 3 cymbals seems ridiculous imo. Think i'm just gonna wait it out or else browse other sites to get them.

btw, with all the excitement of pro instruments/keys, the regular ones seem to have been forgotten about. Did they release a new 5 button guitar or a new drumkit at all?

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I dunno, i'd stretch to €40 but no more personally. at €56 i think i'd rather just spring for the keyboard which is about €70.

They do indeed work on the beatles drumkit (which is basically a skinned RB2 kit) which I have myself. Also, considering you can get a RB1 kit in HMV for €11.99, €56 for 3 cymbals seems ridiculous imo. Think i'm just gonna wait it out or else browse other sites to get them.

btw, with all the excitement of pro instruments/keys, the regular ones seem to have been forgotten about. Did they release a new 5 button guitar or a new drumkit at all?

I think the €56 is good. I just ordered them on Amazon there. They should arrive on Wednesday the 3rd - Friday 5th November :) I'm dying for them already :L and if they arrive on Wednesday, I'll be delighted because thats when the Keyboard is released for PS3 :D What a day that would be. :)

The new drumkit was announced but, obviosuly as we live in Europe, I don't think they'll be sold here. The new guitar is the Fender Mustang. This guitar is a real 6 string guitar, with 102 buttons on the neck. That'll be amazing! I really, really, really hope that will be sold in Ireland :) I Don't think they're releasing a new 5 button guitar. I haven't heard anything about that. Although, you can get loads of different types of 5 button guitars on Amazon or GameShark. :)

And thanks for the confirmation about The Beatles Rock Band drums :) :L I'm delighted. Haha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Four hours of full band RB3 last night. Serious facemelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Okay, I obviously love this game, but I do have a few issues with it.

All instruments mode is almost useless for vocalists. Stuck on easy, your score doesn't count, no star power. :(

Also, I can't recreate my character from Rock Band 2. That's fairly minor on the grand scheme of things, but a little gripe nonetheless.

Lastly, I wasn't given a free Mustang guitar... that would have been nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

This isn't related to RB3 in any way but I think it should be made DLC. Just sayin'.

Just got back to my own place with all my dlc and currently exporting RB2 (how painless was that ) No sort by location :( or I didn't take my scores from RB2 thats nearly 140 songs to gold star again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just got back to my own place with all my dlc and currently exporting RB2 (how painless was that ) No sort by location :( or I didn't take my scores from RB2 thats nearly 140 songs to gold star again :eek:

AFAIK 'Sort by Source' does the same job. If I'm remembering right.

Let us know what the magic number is. I'm on 466, which isn't bad. I thought I had more, but the game was including the recommendations. Might start a thread on library size :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sort by date acquired also does it.
    Getting my ass kicked by keyboard at the moment so thought I'd take a break from it and go back to the guitar for a bit... *hours disappear mysteriously...*

Anybody else suffered from noticeable frame rate drops? The fretboard is always rock solid, but the stuff going on in the background can have some seriously distracting drops at times
    Kind of looking forward to seeing Digital Foundry's analysis of it

Let us know what the magic number is. I'm on 466, which isn't bad. I thought I had more, but the game was including the recommendations. Might start a thread on library size :)

467 I kid you not :D

Syncing my guitars is proving to be really annoying :mad: It's like a 1ms off somewhere only noticeable during periods of fast repeated chords. Going to try to auto sync with the beatles one

Edit: Never mind zeroing it seems to have fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I can't recreate my character from Rock Band 2. That's fairly minor on the grand scheme of things, but a little gripe nonetheless.

It took me ages to recreate my RB2 character. I thought I couldn't, but I managed it eventually. She looks a little different, but I've put that down to the slightly improved character models.

I still fancy her, that's all that matters.

You can turn off the recommendations, can't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

tman wrote: »
    Sort by date acquired also does it.
    Getting my ass kicked by keyboard at the moment so thought I'd take a break from it and go back to the guitar for a bit... *hours disappear mysteriously...*

Anybody else suffered from noticeable frame rate drops? The fretboard is always rock solid, but the stuff going on in the background can have some seriously distracting drops at times

Your not the only one who has noticed this. I don't think it's a frame drop more a annoying strobe like effect.

Have to say I'm loving doing random setlists in the road challenges, making me play songs I'd forgotten I even had :o

Gold Stars for the win makes you feel like the worlds best when u get a top 10 leaderboard spot for the simple reason nobody has played the song much yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

74096_459918778440_516053440_5463355_2052427_n.jpg

This actually works (and I made this to show you guys :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Awesome paint skills!:p
    Think I'd be too worried about the side effects of leaving my ageing 360 on for 8+ hours to think about trying that
    Your not the only one who has noticed this. I don't think it's a frame drop more a annoying strobe like effect.
    That's kind of what I thought, but it didn't seem at all "flashy" so to speak... Can be incredibly distracting when you're in the middle of a song and this jarring action above drags your eyes away. Even bewbs can barely drag my eyes off the action usually, but this does!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

tman wrote: »

Haven't seen anything like this, all of my brain is being consumed by pro keys. No time to think about anything else!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Haven't seen anything like this, all of my brain is being consumed by pro keys. No time to think about anything else!

Ah so this is why I just destroyed your score for guitar on Yoshimi Vs the Pink Robots :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Ah so this is why I just destroyed your score for guitar on Yoshimi Vs the Pink Robots :D

That would probably be my score :P I was playing on DO's profile for a bit before I exported mine and since he's been hogging keys, I've been on guitar for multiplayer. So yea, that was me and I suck anyway :D

A quick note on achievements, on disc songs (RB 1 2 3) don't count towards achievements, like queen songs from lego :mad: Or boston from rb 1 or nirvana songs for the dave grothl one :mad:

We are the champions is the one to use if doing the over drive for 60 seconds solo, and the NIN one for a 200 note streak on perfect drug has to be done on drums even though it doesn't say so in the description , for suckers like me who damn near fc'd it on guitar and wondered why it didn't pop :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just for you Calex - 377,003 points, 5GS 100% FC

Calling me out like that, thinking you own the place. :P Back in your box! :D

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Just for you Calex - 377,003 points, 5GS 100% FC

Calling me out like that, thinking you own the place. :P Back in your box! :D

/ Grumbles something about it being late and being liqueured up and full of Halloween brac :mad: Lucky for you !!!!!

74096_459918778440_516053440_5463355_2052427_n.jpg

Pfff the cheeky so and so's expect you to press 'A" between songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Man, they really knocked it out of the park.
    Love how they've updated things.
    -Earning fans and completing challenges in Quick Play
    -Style change
    -Character and Band Customisation even better
    -Keyboard is a solid piece of kit
    -Good song list

I think my main knock against it right now is there are perhaps a few too many songs with boring or no keys (in the RB3 setlist obviously).
    Hoping the dlc is pretty great for the next month or two.
    I also feel that navigating the Career area is actually rather confusing.

Tempted to pick up Lego Rock Band to export the songs within, worth it?

Advertisement