Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mens Health Check - Charter Medical, Smithfield

• 14-12-2009 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Just wondering if anybody has any feedback on Charter Medical Clinic in Smithfiield.
    I've booked in to have a full medical/health screening this Friday and am kinda nervous about it - Test everything from routine blood pressure, cholesterol, etc to testicular and prostate.
    Have no bad ailments or symtoms, just hitting a certain age where I feel I probably need a going over to ensure everything is as it should be!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

tbh, there's probably very little they do that your gp couldnt do.
    i'm not familiar with that particular group, but i'm guessing theyre along the lines of a prominent private hospital which does health checks for a hefty sum.

pay €50 and go to your gp instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

+1

I know a person who actually runs one of these Private clinics/hospitals and we were chatting about this a while back. Very little that a GP couldn't do tbh, it's a revenue stream for the places.

Thats said, of someone chooses to pays the money, and it catches something, well then it's money well spent.

Let us know how you get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

jesus h christ
    i just looked at their website, andd what they offer for teh cost

most GP's will be able to do the same screening at a fraction of the cost

OP, if I were you, i'd cancel teh appointment and arrange to see your gp. and have a nice few quid left over for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I do agree with the others in that the GP is the best option. However, with these sorts of private services, you usually have the advantage of having all the checks done at once and can get your results back much more quickly.

If you aren't willing to wait and want to be offered tea or coffee before the tests then this is probably the place to go.

If you are happy to wait a bit longer for your results, don't mind a dingy waiting room with old/ or no magazines then go to your GP.

Personally, I'd go to my GP :)

Advertisement