Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Not sure who was looking for it but the angelcare monitors that are down to €55, there were 3 or 4 left in balbriggan yesterday evening. They are downstairs with the baby milk & food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Just back from tesco maynooth, picked up an 8 foot swimming pool for 7 euro, seems a bit cheap considering similar ones in Smyths are going for 30/40. They were in the odd items aisle with a load of other summer outside things. Had no price on the shelf so had to use the scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Update on games in kinnegad. Most Xbox ones are now gone but plenty of ps3 left..however they are mostly the €10 ones. I managed to pick up 4 ps3 games for €5 each that I should have picked up yesterday.
    I got syndicate (however there was a couple that was marked at €10 but I got one with €5 sticker on it which did scan at that price)
    Blur (last one)
    Saw 2 (2left)
    Lord of the rings war in the north (2left)
    This was at 10.30 this morning so plenty more could be gone at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

loads of games in ashbourne and finglas, I didnt buy any but the ashbourne store has loads of different areas for games. dont get any of the photocopied games as they still dont have them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

joe316 wrote: »
    Just back from tesco maynooth, picked up an 8 foot swimming pool for 7 euro, seems a bit cheap considering similar ones in Smyths are going for 30/40. They were in the odd items aisle with a load of other summer outside things. Had no price on the shelf so had to use the scanner.

Exact one is £30 sterling on their UK website (its not on the Irish one).

Link here: http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-8ft-quick-up-paddling-pool/200-0592.prd

Also- one now left (in Maynooth- perhaps they have them in other branches?) - and they are moving the shelving there- so I'd suggest someone local pick it up asap- if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Probably don't fancy the chances of them selling with water charges on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Tesco had some cameras on clearance a Fujifilm Finepix T350 €26, Samsung WB150 in white €65,Olympus SZ-14 €75

What branch did you see this ? ... Im looking for a cheap point n shoot

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

matchthis wrote: »
    Probably don't fancy the chances of them selling with water charges on the way

They only start the clock from September? Maybe I missed something........

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

RayCon wrote: »
    Id say it was Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

Made full use of tesco deals for wine for the wedding, just worked out the "perfect storm" for the wine we wanted...

Shelf price €17
    Half price deal €8.50
    Buy 6 or more -25% €6.38
    Less competitor vouchers (Lidl Aldi plus both of our SV ones for this and last week all spend 50 and save 10)
    Plus less minimum 1% clubcard
    Purchase price €5.07

Times 100 bottles, saving vs list price was €1,187, not that we would have bought them at €17 each though but didn't plan on being able to combine the 3 deals resulting in 70% off! :D

Edit - the 25% off for 6+ ends today... Plus clubcard! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Made full use of tesco deals for wine for the wedding, just worked out the "perfect storm" for the wine we wanted...

Shelf price €17
    Half price deal €8.50
    Buy 6 or more -25% €6.38
    Less competitor vouchers (Lidl Aldi plus both of our SV ones for this and last week all spend 50 and save 10)
    Purchase price €5.12

Times 100 bottles, saving vs list price was €1,187, not that we would have bought them at €17 each though but didn't plan on being able to combine the 3 deals resulting in 70% off! :D

Edit - the 25% off for 6+ ends today...

Id say there was some noise of the trolly with that lot in it , actually how many trollies did it take :confused: :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I assume you didn't have 12+ vouchers and had to stop and pay each time the bill hit 50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Times 100 bottles, saving vs list price was €1,187

You also got clubcard points too , right ? :D

How many clubcard points was that ? This is the deal which keeps on giving as you can maximise clubcard point effectiveness by using them to buy passes to Dublin Zoo/ pay off your gas bill etc at very attractive rates :D

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

The company I worked for some years ago had to restock their drink cabinet for the year.
    I offered to buy all the wine and deliver it cheaper then what they were getting it at.
    Bought about 3k worth in Tesco (they were the days of good staff parties :cool:).
    Got them the 25% off, I used my Clubcard with it and used a "Double Clubcard points offer" with the order :)
    They were happy saving a minimum of 25% and I got all the Clubcard points.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

calex71 wrote: »
    Id say there was some noise of the trolly with that lot in it , actually how many trollies did it take :confused: :pac:

Well it was done over 3 trips, the manager was sound put it all away in cases for us! So 3 full trolleys :D

The noise in the car home was worse! Lol
    I assume you didn't have 12+ vouchers and had to stop and pay each time the bill hit 50?

Ya we had to pay after every 8 bottles to make sure we squeezed every cent out of it!!
    You also got clubcard points too , right ? :D

How many clubcard points was that ? This is the deal which keeps on giving as you can maximise clubcard point effectiveness by using them to buy passes to Dublin Zoo/ pay off your gas bill etc at very attractive rates :D

Indeedy another 20 odd euro off a bill in some way shape or form :D

Worst case 1% off purchase price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Well done!
    Edit - the 25% off for 6+ ends today... Plus clubcard! :D

Thanks for that - I thought it had finished last Saturday. Now well stocked for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

RayCon wrote: »

saw these in clearwater yesterday..on the display..the fujis were €26..3 different colours..red,purple and black..no idea what stock they have in the stores..they had 3 of the €65 samsung WB150 left cos i asked ..in black only..decided against it in the end after realizing if i spent the same amount upgrading my phone id have the same camera:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

saw these in clearwater yesterday..on the display..the fujis were €26..3 different colours..red,purple and black..no idea what stock they have in the stores..

Didn't make it over to Clearwater yet , but checked Maynooth and it seems I missed the boat on the Fuji's ...

They had the T350 reduced to €27.11 :confused: ... but out of stock and the JV300 down to €11.50 :eek: ... but again, out of stock.

Might help others in their search of other branches.

I'll check Clearwater tomorrow as I'll be out that way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Spotted these Hoover SSN1700 steam mops in Arklow for €64.50 which seems a good price.

304301.jpg

Link to Amazon.co.uk page:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hoover-SSN1700-SteamJet-Steam-Dual/dp/B00AAS7RZS

614wXz3mAFL._SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

We picked up black 3ds for €10 at Coonagh Tesco in Limerick, there was only one tho. Would be no harm scanning those in any Tesco....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

trance2004 wrote: »
    We picked up black 3ds for €10 at Coonagh Tesco in Limerick, there was only one tho. Would be no harm scanning those in any Tesco....
    Wait, what? An actual 3ds console?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

Yup! Piano black brand new 3ds console :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Well done :)

Ahm, i think i need to go get some milk or something......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭dunworth1

where abouts was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Wait, what? An actual 3ds console?

as in a Nintendo 3ds?

i think we need some milk too :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

How did you know it was a tenner? Was it clearance marked with yellow sticker or did you just happen to scan it your yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They(3DS) are not on the shelf in any of the dublin stores I have been into in the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

They(3DS) are not on the shelf in any of the dublin stores I have been into in the last few days.

Checked a couple of stores myself. I reckon they've all been snapped up at this stage…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ive never seen the 3ds on the floor tbh they have always been behind the counter

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

So has anyone apart from the guy who apparently got it for a tenner, found one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement