Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Q & A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jeolmaga

*you're
    decided to sign up on a whim.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

jeolmaga wrote: »
    *you're
    decided to sign up on a whim.

was that the whim 2000 or 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

All of a sudden this place has got a little less cool;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Phonehead wrote: »
    All of a sudden this place has got a little less cool;)

Forum ban him!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

daheff wrote: »
    Forum ban him!!!! :eek:

who is he?

Gets ban hammer ready

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jeolmaga

Pish my jeolmagic is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

been away for a while, I see they added the standing back into stadium. Should I go ahead and just remove it again or is it actually cost effective this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Yeah no one has quite figured it out yet but don't knock them. They are certainly more profitable than they used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

They bring in a small profit, now if it's enough to justify building I don't know but they certainly are worth keeping when they are free upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Phonehead wrote: »
    They bring in a small profit, now if it's enough to justify building I don't know but they certainly are worth keeping when they are free upgrades.

Plus the schoolboys need somewhere to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 throrm

Does the training facilities affect amount of CSR gained from team training, or does it just provide more slots for individual training?

training facilities impact the CSR also, the coach will only train to the level available so a level 5 coach in level 2 facilities will be the same as a level 2 coach.

so coaches level should match the facilities, any mismatch means a loss of money.

eoferrall wrote: »
    training facilities impact the CSR also, the coach will only train to the level available so a level 5 coach in level 2 facilities will be the same as a level 2 coach.

so coaches level should match the facilities, any mismatch means a loss of money.

ahh no I signed a level 2 attack and defence coach yesterday and only have level 1 facilities, and it wont be until the start of the next season when ill have the money to build level 2 facilities..

throrm wrote: »
    ahh no I signed a level 2 attack and defence coach yesterday and only have level 1 facilities, and it wont be until the start of the next season when ill have the money to build level 2 facilities..

level 2 and one is not a huge price differential so wont be much wasted, but at least you're aware you won't see a change in returns wrt csr gains.

also you get prize money in the last week so that will save you a week, can't remember what construction costs where though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

If you're away to a team with exactly the same rating points as your own team and you hammer them 100+ nil, what's the maximum rating points you can gain from that? For arguments sake you're both on 58.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I think the max exchange of points is 2.5000 for a club. Open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

In RL it's 2.5 but max for a club in BR is 3, need to beat a team 10 points higher in ranking after HGA is added, and beat them by a margin of 30 or more to get it

exchange is (points difference X 0.1) +1
    (points difference is a negative if the higher ranked team wins, positive if the losing team wins, and is the difference after 3 ranking points is added to the home team)
    for wins with a margin of 15 to 29 multiply that exchange by 1.25 and for a margin of 30+ multiply it by 1.5

(In RL there's a 1.25 multiplier for wins of 15+ but BR scores are nuts so they added a 1.5 multiplier for wins of 30 +)

edit : to answer the question then, after HGA the opposition is ranked 3 points higher (losing team = 58 + 3 for HGA, winning team 58, difference is +3)
    so ( 3 X 0.1) +1 = 1.3
    multiplied by 1.5 for a margin of more than 30 = 1.9500

Whats the maintenance on Lvl 2 Senior, and youth facilities?

They are both at 5000 on lvl 1, so if I upgrade both, what do they go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

a bit underhanded but is there anything stopping players from other nationalities buying other nations national players and playing them into the ground?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

ganmo wrote: »
    a bit underhanded but is there anything stopping players from other nationalities buying other nations national players and playing them into the ground?

a players energy for his club and country are two separate things and have no impact on each other. Only way to sabotage really is with the U20s by buying someone and then just not training him or getting him young enough he gets a dual nationality.

If I want to pull someone with a birthday in round 1, do I just scout them into my academy during the first week of the season yeah?

EDIT: This is incorrect info. Please ignore.

throrm wrote: »
    If I want to pull someone with a birthday in round 1, do I just scout them into my academy during the first week of the season yeah?
    birthdays are within the 7 days before a player is scouted, so if you want a player to have a round 1 birthday, scout on Monday of round 2 (guaranteed not to have a rd16 birthday), the scouting week is a Tuesday to Tuesday week, so you can scout another player on Tuesday of rd 2 that will also have extremely high odds of having a rd 1 birthday

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Yup, but if you scout them in on Round 1 Day 1 you can promote them in time for the first training session the following season on the Tuesday as well as being eligible for the U20's also (if you're training them to be potential international)
    if you scout on rd1 day 1 there's an 86% chance of the players birthday falling in rd 16, so is no good for u20's

i'll ask fetch to post up the do's and don'ts of scouting U20's in the news soon

Ah si*t, my apologies ! I haven't started academy programme yet, thought it was on the day they are scouted! I'll keep my trap shut so!

hehe, it used to be that way I think, but they changed it for some reason. Fetch will do up something for it ahead of the new season now anyway and we used to follow those up with advice on when to promote a season later depending on the birthdays/ facilities/selling etc

Does anyone know what the "Moons and Suns" competition is? I see loads of Irish teams with trophies etc. from it. Just wondering what it is and maybe even how to enter / how is it played / when.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

It was run by mouse and wonder pretty sure it's not going anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭morgan62

How do you improve creative,expansive,pg and driving

Advertisement