Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 21; the Ups and Downs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

corny wrote: »
    Been losing interest in the game steadily over the last few months so i've decided to call it a day.

The original core of my team are getting on and the game is such now that you either deal in the transfer market or go backwards. Haven't the will to suffer through either tbh.

Best of luck folks.

Missed out on your young outhalf by 100k. He went for 2.9 mil in the end. Absolutely devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

First time ever actually doing well in division 3. Been yo yoing between 3/4 for 5/6 seasons..
    am 2nd in my league with 3 wins from opening 4 games

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Looking at my matches, had the away game against FRF marked as a throwaway, so out go my seconds on WNWIM.

Watching the match, I said I'd be happy if we stopped them scoring before the 10minute mark.
    9.58 and they get their 7.

Started paying more attention to the Irish match, but just checked back and it's now 7-5. My cheeky youngsters went an stole one back! Just like those pesky Italians!

** One of my 2nd team lads is so poor, they don't even name him: "The Curly Sue number 8..." Poor lad, he's trying, he's trying!

*** Yeah... 17-5. Um, never mind my previous surprise. Definitely taking the Italy role today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Had the most amazing last 12mins against Louisburgh ive ever seen. Score was 13-13 and in the 78th min it all started. Possession changed several times, territory went from one 22 to the other and finally in the 90min my guy goes over, it goes to the TMO, and the try is awarded!!

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

into top 100 for the first time it wont last but great to0 be here third in my league (third div ):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 throrm

After 3 and a half seasons, I think I've finally gotten my finances settled. Have a strong starting 15, the weakest being a 33000 17 year old (r3 d6), so I have high hopes for the next few seasons in developing this team.. Now I just need to focus on getting my facilities and coaching up!

Confident I'll finish 6th in div III, so I'll be able to stay up for another season

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Into the last 32 in the cup, top of my league and in auto promote for DivIII.

It's all down hill from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

took a gamble and lost! :(

that's me out of the Cup. went normal instead of LTNT in the cup against very similar team, so to save energy for the later rounds of the cup. they went normal, I went ok down to tactics, losing 10-13 with minutes to go conceed a try after attacking their line.

bumper profit, but no more cup. needed that income to start recovering losses from relegation and the fact I made losses in opening rounds on matches as supporters didn't want to support!!:mad:

the other 7 teams in my league shall suffer now! :cool:

Getting hammered by Monivea, but at least I'm doing better than Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Into the last 32 in the cup, top of my league and in auto promote for DivIII.

It's all down hill from here.

same for me bar the auto-promote bit, pure luck till now but facing the strongest side in the league this weekend and wouldn't have a chance in the cup - should be a great week for revenue though :)

• Advertisement

for a minute there at the end I was thinking maybe, just maybe, I can rob marz of a payday 'twasnt to be, still got a lot more from the cup than I could have hoped for

cclampett wrote: »
    for a minute there at the end I was thinking maybe, just maybe, I can rob marz of a payday 'twasnt to be, still got a lot more from the cup than I could have hoped for

That would have been nice upset alright. Nice for you, not poor ol' Marz. I meant to cast an eye on that match alright, though in the end didn't even get to set up my own squad. Good ol' default tactics win.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

Just would like to thanks those who voted for me in recent emergeny election,as for the league playing front row fairies today currently leading 31 points to nil after 22 minutes ,League won already

• Registered Users Posts: 28 throrm

Will definitely be able to finish the season at 6th to avoid relegation..

Should finish the season with +13000 in the bank, and then get 100,000 prize money for coming in 6th. This'll allow me to build level 2 facilities for both my squad, and youth squad.

With a really young team on average, I'll only need to get 2 new young signings next season, and I'll be perfectly set for developing a strong team.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Very strange game today against The Jacks.
    I couldn't keep the ball until about the last 25 min or so and he put up 50+ points but I managed to get within 7 and get a try BP. final score 52 - 46 (thank god for my F/h and his 6 penos)
    Dropped out of auto promotion but still top of the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Secured a home semi in the league today with 3 games to spare, pretty happy with that. Will be away in the final if I make it though, so not too optimistic at getting a shot at promotion to div II, but definitely aiming for that next season.

Almost certain of a play off spot now but 1 more win will guarantee it. Pretty happy with that compared to this time last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

For first time ever have finished 5th/6th in division 3. 4th attempt and first time not being auto relegated back to division 4. Only thanks to a team going bot but who cares...

20 mins to semis deadline - normal or wnwim, normal or wnwim, arghhhhh panic panic

damn just forgot about them! ah well what can you do!:o

• Advertisement

opponent targeting third place playoff, wnwim was right, looks like 2nd place on wnwim also giving me third placed team in the final, 3rd looks to be on normal intensity - where are the TNTs :/

Through to the div 1 final and by the looks of it i have a chance! Hopefully I can be the first boardie to win it!

Through to the div 1 final and by the looks of it i have a chance! Hopefully I can be the first boardie to win it!

Go for it!

into the mighty Div III final, big win because I forgot about it. waste of energy, however final coming up, win that and auto-promote back to Div II. and start clawing way to being secure there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Div I bronze final in Hong Kong. Not quite up to your standards but the biggest achievement in Geraldine RFC history!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

For first time ever have finished 5th/6th in division 3. 4th attempt and first time not being auto relegated back to division 4. Only thanks to a team going bot but who cares...

Good work! Hopefully this is the break you need to become an established Div 3 team!

Through to the div 1 final and by the looks of it i have a chance! Hopefully I can be the first boardsie to win it!

Good luck Johnny!

Myself, MWSAG came through a ding-dong battle with Dread0s in the semi. Both on LTNT, won 29-33. Nice oawn. Although, I did accidently sub off my star player after 40mins. Worked out well though, means he is well rested for final! Final against Monivea for 2nd time in 3 seasons since he got relegated....The other season, I met Monivea in the semi! You would think I would have sussed them out by now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

going for third place in div 3 also hoping to cement myself there or there abouts for a couple of years while my team matures then try for up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Through to the Division 1 final, wow finally breaking the stranglehold of the big 2 in Canada... although it was normal v tnt so I suspect he felt I may be targetting 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

this was only my second season since i started that i wasnt involved in playoffs with FRF :(

But I tried to organise playoffs for the bottom 4 in our league (Fewi you ever going to accept your games :rolleyes: )...and won that!

My affiliate won their semi..now vs the team that relegated last season. I'm 1-1 with him this season...hes home adv...so prob lose that...but i'll give it a go

Crisco...i watched your game vs Dread0s...very exciting...well done on winning it. Give monivea hell!! :cool:

well done all the boardsie who won their semis...good luck in the finals

The stars are in and there's nothing in it! Bit of luck and i could be very happy in few hours time. Just hope i make him sweat at least.

• Advertisement

Balls, the biggest time of the season, and I slept in after a wedding and didn't set the team. guess it's normal v LTNT and losing 3-20 atm.

another season in Div III. disaster!:( ah well, can focus on getting better financial position and train a few more players

Advertisement