Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

santa fe

• 17-04-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey everyone,
    I drive a 2.2 diesel Santa Fe. Recently I had the sump dropped and the gauze cleaned at a garage. On the way home the orange oil level warning light came on (not the red oil pressure light). I checked the dipstick and it was 5 or 6 mm above the full level mark. I rang the garage and he said that much over the full mark would be ok. After a couple of weeks I brought it back to the garage and he siphoned a small amount of oil out, to bring it below the full mark, but the warning light is staying on. The garage man says its not his responsibility to sort it out now! Either way I would like to sort it out. The light does not come on when the ignition is switched on, but comes on in about 10 seconds after the engine is started. As the light does not come on when the ignition is switched on would that mean there is a loose or poor connection to the sensor, maybe when the sump was being dropped?
    Any advice would be much appreciated :)
    Hasha

Comments

Advertisement