Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

/random

• 11-10-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

I just noticed the biggest stadium in Ireland is owned by a Div IV team!

It must be like one of those Qatar situations, where they've a population of less than 2million but are hosting a world cup.

Then I noticed CSDS only had the 69th biggest stadium, so I freaked out and demanded a massive rebuilding scheme. Pretty sure there's going to be an inquest when we become bankrupt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

where you find a list for stadium sizes? you hardly did it manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

It's in the 'Global Lobby'. There's a tab on the left that has Stadiums / Stadia in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

What a bizarrely run club. Two years in the game, only signed 2 players for a sum of 21k between them. Sold none. Looks to have most of his originals...

Judging by CSRs after ~6 seasons, i don't think he has much training facilities. Highest CSR players are about 40k.

Then, a stadium of 28500. weird.

he must make a massive loss, not even a quarter of it filled for his last game like, amasing he aint bankrupt but then his wages are low and prob has a nice few members

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

A new way to play perhaps? Dun dun dunnnnn...

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    A new way to play perhaps? Dun dun dunnnnn...

hes the next gh quickly vote him in :p

seanand wrote: »
    hes the next gh quickly vote him in :p

I was just thinking the same! Pity there's no stadium system in the international game, he might be a bit lost. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

might be OK with the changes, wasn't it changed that staff would be dynamic to what was needed so that you didn't have to have staff for huge patches of empty stadia!?

On a personal note I am 24th! whoop!! add another 2.5k this end of season maybe (or buy some players....) and I could move into top ten!:D

eoferrall wrote: »
    might be OK with the changes, wasn't it changed that staff would be dynamic to what was needed so that you didn't have to have staff for huge patches of empty stadia!?

On a personal note I am 24th! whoop!! add another 2.5k this end of season maybe (or buy some players....) and I could move into top ten!:D

Risky business that, trying to move up the stadium rankings without the ranking rankings behind you. I'm currently just inside the top 50 in the country, so I figure if I can get into the top 50 stadiums then I should have the fans to do the job.
    Pretty sure your predictable and consistent style of play is going to alienate the more casual fans, leading to major shortages at the turnstiles.

Re: Dynamic staffing... wouldn't that mean we could all just make massive stadiums without fear? Is this lad some sort of uber genius?

Risky business that, trying to move up the stadium rankings without the ranking rankings behind you. I'm currently just inside the top 50 in the country, so I figure if I can get into the top 50 stadiums then I should have the fans to do the job.

Well I am 16th currently so my stadium seems to be falling behind, but think I'm OK not upgrading again for another season. Invest in the team/training.

Pretty sure your predictable and consistent style of play is going to alienate the more casual fans, leading to major shortages at the turnstiles.

Is this my team :confused: wouldn't call it predictable! ;)
    Re: Dynamic staffing... wouldn't that mean we could all just make massive stadiums without fear? Is this lad some sort of uber genius?
    well you might be able to without making a loss but I see no benefit to it and you have serious capital tied up in a stadium that is laregly unused?

• Advertisement

16th?! I assume that's cause you beat Bogwarriors and everyone is like "no way! Shiiiiiiii... what's up with Dave's boys? Shiiiiiii...."

See, predictable. Always winning and stuff. You should throw in some wildcard moves every now and then. Lose to a bot or a douche pretending to be a bot, or something. Keep the fans guessing.

People stopped going to Leinster matches because they always won... so what did Leinster do... they lost. Now everyone is mad to see what's going to happen. It's science.

16th?! I assume that's cause you beat Bogwarriors and everyone is like "no way! Shiiiiiiii... what's up with Dave's boys? Shiiiiiii...."

See, predictable. Always winning and stuff. You should throw in some wildcard moves every now and then. Lose to a bot or a douche pretending to be a bot, or something. Keep the fans guessing.

People stopped going to Leinster matches because they always won... so what did Leinster do... they lost. Now everyone is mad to see what's going to happen. It's science.

I actually expcted to lose that one as the teams where fairly even, think there was a total of about 40kCSR between the teams and I am no tactical genius!

Think my ranking is more to do with nearly securing 3rd in Div II, no immediate relegation for ELAT this time!!

I actually expcted to lose that one as the teams where fairly even, think there was a total of about 40kCSR between the teams and I am no tactical genius!

Think my ranking is more to do with nearly securing 3rd in Div II, no immediate relegation for ELAT this time!!

I always expect Bogwarriors to win! Always! Damnit DaveHartnett, get your act together and fulfill my dreams!

talking about crazy stadium expansions im thinking of upgrade for the 4th time in 2-3 seasons because i sold out 11000 stadium to a bot in its first game at that capacity, i even went higher than the stadium calculator i was using siad to go as im getting lvl5s next season so dont know if ill have spare cash lying around again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Of that 28,500 stadium, 22,626 are standing spaces. He's no genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

He's in my league and I played in the biggest stadium in Ireland just yesterday.

Got a bonus point win.

He's no genius! :D

Seriously though, I've been trying to figure this guy out all season. He logs in only every few weeks, in fact he very nearly went bot at one stage. The only thing I can think of is that he has made a massive stadium and is leaving his team without maintenance for seasons after season, hoping to just build up fans and cash (and maybe scouting stars) and then like a bat out of hell, turn into the Manchester City of Blackout rugby in about 5 years and just dominate the sh*t out of everybody! :eek:

Of that 28,500 stadium, 22,626 are standing spaces. He's no genius.

He's a man of the people.
    [Jackass] wrote: »
    He's in my league and I played in the biggest stadium in Ireland just yesterday.

Got a bonus point win.

He's no genius! :D

Seriously though, I've been trying to figure this guy out all season. He logs in only every few weeks, in fact he very nearly went bot at one stage. The only thing I can think of is that he has made a massive stadium and is leaving his team without maintenance for seasons after season, hoping to just build up fans and cash (and maybe scouting stars) and then like a bat out of hell, turn into the Manchester City of Blackout rugby in about 5 years and just dominate the sh*t out of everybody! :eek:

My gawd! What a devious long game! Not fun I imagine, but, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

you dont have to pay extra staff if theres no attendance, but you still pay the additional costs (gas, electricity etc)...so this manager is prob doing well to break even most home games. I reckon its just the big cup games that turn into moneyspinners...but still...one or two of them a season with 20K fans...laughing all the way to the bank

hmm....this sounds like a good plan.......i see boardsies all with 20K + stadia next season coz of this guy :eek:

daheff wrote: »
    you dont have to pay extra staff if theres no attendance, but you still pay the additional costs (gas, electricity etc)...so this manager is prob doing well to break even most home games. I reckon its just the big cup games that turn into moneyspinners...but still...one or two of them a season with 20K fans...laughing all the way to the bank

hmm....this sounds like a good plan.......i see boardsies all with 20K + stadia next season coz of this guy :eek:

We should build a monument to his trailblazing greatness :)

We should build a monument to his trailblazing greatness :)

You should spend all your chas building as big as you go and name stadium after him. a fitting tribute I think

and no way you will go broke at all.

• Advertisement

You should spend all your chas building as big as you go and name stadium after him. a fitting tribute I think

and no way you will go broke at all.

Not sure I can afford to build a bigger stadium than him though... maybe he should just get the board to name his own stadium after him.

I just saw the saddest thing...

So, I promoted a lad from the youth academy. Terrible skills, but 125kg and good non-trainables elsewhere. I've been trying to sell him for three weeks and nobody wants him. Not even for a thousand. Only 13k CSR, so his skills were poop with the exception of tech and strength, but for a grand someone without an academy could easily have a fresh 17 year old prop there.

Anyhows, had to fire him.

Refreshed his page by accident and it just says:

Alan Harrington.
    Retired from rugby aged 17 yrs.

Wow. I've dashed that poor kid's dreams!

Advertisement