Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broken drainpipe, what goes here?

Options
  • 26-03-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

The drainpipe for the washing machine and sink is missing an elbow joint. I need to replace it but I’m not sure what to ask for when I go to the hardware shop.

Here are pictures of the two parts that need to be connected (the €2 coin is for scale);

dscf0109v.th.jpg
    dscf0106ge.th.jpg
    dscf0103u.th.jpg
    dscf0101z.th.jpg
    dscf0100q.th.jpg

Can anyone tell me what I need please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dossir

An 1 1/2" wavin elbow I what you need and some glue to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

dossir wrote: »
    An 1 1/2" wavin elbow I what you need and some glue to!!

Any idea where I would get such a thing on the northside of Dublin? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I dont think a wavan elbow will fit this. You will need an 1.1/2" compression elbow more likely. You wont need glue for this either.

These should be available in Heiton/Dpl/chadwicks easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dossir

It's wavin there's a wavin elbow back the pipe in the pic so why would it not do

Advertisement