Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maybe just maybe?

• 16-09-2010 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Quick question I took two of the Fertitly Friend pregnancy tests this morning and they both came up with the two lines I was just wonder how accruate people find theses?

I will be going (once the shops open) and pick up a named brand one to make sure as I have a small procedure today which cant be done if Im pregnant.

eeekkk I am dying for the shop to open! Its not as if we were really trying either as I knew I had this coming up.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

It'd be very unusual to get a false positive whatever test you use, branded or not.

I'd say congratulations are in order :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

Just to confirm I did a clear test digital and it came out pregnant 1-2 weeks

OH wanting to check test first was so funny him telling me we were pregnant!:D

Ah delighted now long aud road ahead though!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

Congratulations :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That's fantastic, nothing quite like the high you feel for those first few days.. and it just gets better :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ringy

Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Congratulations :)

God its been such a worldwind 24hrs starting to notice things I didnt even connect to been pregnant,
    tummy is after firming up, breasts so tender also my sense of smell is crazy strong and Ive been super emotional all week

Just goes to show when your so busy and you take your mind off things they'll creep up on you :rolleyes:

Im holding off on going to the doctor till the end of September when I have my next day off,

Kind of afraid it happened so quickly something is bound to happen! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats! I was like you and it happened so quickly that I thought something would go wrong but I'm 21 wks now. The time really flies once you get past 12wks. It's hard to keep the news to yourself at first but it's a special time when you just find ou do enjoy every minute of it. Then you can look forward to the delighted faces of your parents when you tell them the b
    news.

I went to my doc at 6wks. The hospitals are full to the brim with pregnant women so don't leave it too late especially if you want to go private or semi-private as it books up quickly.

@ How strange,

Confirmed by doc last night still in shock over it all :D

She wrote me up a letter for hospital and I dropped it in this morning as she suggested, even with it still early days with myself,

But god they were well busy already at 8.30am in the morning!

I had to take a seat to hand in the letter!

• Advertisement

Congrats again! The doctors confirmation certainly makes it seem more real i.e. you're not just imagining it!

I was in a state of disbelief for a while but my poor husband was totally shocked. I'd told him it would probably take 6 months and 3 wks later I went back to him with a positive pregnancy test! Looking back the newness and the novelty of it all was so special and it was our little secret for 8 wks.

I must've been very lucky because I just rang the coombe and they gave me an appointment over the phone.

Hey Guys just a quick update rang NMH this morning and they had all my info on file and a letter had been sent out but she gave me date for first appointment 15 Decemeber when I will be 17wks I do think this is a good bit into the pregnancy but would this be becuase Im going with combined care?

I have my first offical GP's vist in 6 weeks time was wondering if anyone knows whether Im entitled to the day off from work?

Its so hard to find excatly what your looking for on the welfare and citizens information sites,

Thanks In advance!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats:)
    Did they give you your scan date too?
    17 weeks isn't too bad for the 1st appointment going public,nearly everyone does combined care so this does not make a difference.
    You are entitled to reasonable time off for appointments but generally this means make them in the morning or evening and go to work late or leave early and not a whole day as they only take 10 minutes.

You usually just bring the letter to your 1st appointment:)

I think it's standard policy for Holles St to have 1st visit so late. I had mine at 11 wks in the coombe, had my 1st scan that day and all bloods taken. I had a consultant appointment at 16 wks with just a mini scan. My 1st doc visit was wk 19. I've got my big scan next tues at 22 wks. Could've had it at 20 but I was on hols.

Re time off for visits as Moonbeam said you're allowed reasonable paid time off including travel time there and back. For doc visit try to schedule them early morning or late afternoon. You won't have a choice with your hospital visits.

@ Moombean No they didnt give me the scan date as well they wrote on letter I have to ring the Clinic and book in, I wish she told me that when I phoned the other day, :rolleyes:

thanks guys for all your help its so reassuring having someone to talk to, and ask questions!
    I have yet to tell my parents Im unsure whether they will be happy with the news, its so hard to tell what someone's reaction will be,:o

Advertisement