Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Killers last night

Options
  • 12-11-2004 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

So did anyone go? Popped 'round to the Olympia to see what the touts were offering. €100 a ticket! I don't think so...

Any reports on the gig?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Would have loved to go also!

Had no idea who The Killers were until about 3 weeks back..

Got the 'Hot Fuss' album and has been on repeat constantly. Amazing album!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

one of the lads in my class went and was soley pissed off when they played for 55 minutes.

then i turns to him and said they have one 40 minute album what you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Went, absolute quality gig! Cant believe someone would moan about d length of it! Honestly what did he expect???

'Jenny was a friend of mine' is the perfect intro song, and 'All these things that I've done' is the perfect closing song. The songs in between weren't half bad either. 'Glamorous Indie Rock'n'Roll' was one of the biggest highlights, but I honestly couldnt find a fault in the show.

Support band were average/mediocre, from NYC and called "Ambulance LTD", althought their last song was a wonderful instrumental.

Thats about all I can really say about it! Any questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Yeah did the same popped around to see what kinda moeny i would have to pay to get in but touts were too pricey. Few of my freinds were at it and thought they were class !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ziggy-Stardust

Argh, I wanted to go to that soo badly. We hung around their record signing in HMV (Grafton Street) for a while, in the hope of catching a glimpse of them to cheer us up over the whole tickets being sold out thing, but alas, no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Theband themselves were class, was great to see them again although i thought the crowd didn't really get into it, seemed to be full of hacks who didn't know any other songs other than mr. brightside! ruined it a bit for me, The gig at oxegen was far better, great crowd at it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kitty Kat

It was truly amazing! Brandon was fantastic, it was pretty short though, i was also hoping for a cover of something too. Ah well cant really complain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

Didn't go but i would've loved to. A friend of mine was offered free tickets to it but said no cause he had no idea who they were and thought it was a small thing. Loser. He tells me afterwards and I swear, I could've killed him.

Advertisement