Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can't get through to SaveOnLaptops.co.uk via phone

• 19-12-2014 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Sorry, I know that this more than likely not the right place for this thread but i can't find anywhere else and there seems to be loads of experience with Save on laptops here.

I ordered a €1400 Asus G750 from them on Wednesday night and got an email this morning to say that there has been a problem with the order that can't be discussed via email for security reasons and I'm to contact them immediately by phone (of course they still took the money from my account).

I tryed ringing them on 01212020030, 0121 20 200 50 and 0121 202 0050 both with and without the 44 English dialing code and with and without the first 0 of the number (e.g. the way it's 353 86 instead of 353 086 here).

I tried from my land line first and all i got was a busy tone before i had even finished dialing the number. I tried from my mobile and all i got was "your o2 account balance is €35.25, to top up please call...." followed by it hanging up by it's self (nothing about insufficient credit, it just tells me my balance and hangs up).

I tried emailing them to ring me because i was having trouble calling them and the reply i got was basically F' off there's nothing wrong with our number, we always get calls from ROI without a prob, nice how do you do after paying them €1400!!

The email said that if the prob isn't rectified within 24hrs the order will be canceled and the money refunded but i don't want that to happen, i just want my laptop for Christmas!!:(

The courier they use is DPD which I've had nothing but great experience with in the past and if i get this rectified by closing time tomorrow i should have it Christmas eve (fingers crossed).... Is there something I'm doing wrong on the phone? can someone please help ASAP because if it goes past tomorrow i might as well forget about it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Works fine for me. Are you putting 00 before the 44?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Clutchkick

haha yep, that was the prob, got it sorted on fri

Advertisement