Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outlook Sending Issue

Options
  • 08-12-2014 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all;
    Posting on behalf of a friend.

He is unable to successfully send an email from his 2007 outlook. The messages are not stuck in the outbox but the recipients never receive the emails.

he can receive emails himself but outgoing messages never get delivered

I'm unable to find anything useful online but he does have over 6000 mails, so wondering could it possibly be a storage issue?

Issue is the same if he trys sending via outlook.com

Thx in advance
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭bertson

btw: All was working for him prior to last Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Has he changed ISP or mobile phone operator recently? It's often a problem with the SMTP (outgoing e-mail server) settings.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

bertson wrote: »
    Hi all;
    Posting on behalf of a friend.

He is unable to successfully send an email from his 2007 outlook. The messages are not stuck in the outbox but the recipients never receive the emails.

he can receive emails himself but outgoing messages never get delivered

I'm unable to find anything useful online but he does have over 6000 mails, so wondering could it possibly be a storage issue?

Issue is the same if he trys sending via outlook.com

Thx in advance
    B

Check to see if the mailbox is full.

Thanks all;
    He didn't change provider.

How do I check if his mailbox is full?, I got him add a forum thread with Microsoft but it seems he rubbed them up the wrong way. Below is the jist of his issue
    He did archive a lot of email and his inbox is small enough

"When I send an email the messages do not reach their destination. The emails seem to be sent and the outbox is cleared each time however the recipient never gets the mail; This issue only started occurring in the last few days, I can receive emails fine
    I receive the following messages
    Delivery Status Notification (Delay)
    Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
    I tried to isolate the issue by send emails from outlook.com but the same issue occurs
    "

It would be in outlook.com settings. Have a try deleting a few emails and empty the trash and try sending/receiving.

Try emailing Hotmail/Outlook.com support.

Could you post the full bounced email? Obviously blanking out the wma addresses,name etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Does your friend's email address contain an apostrophe, e.g. johno'shea@outlook.com?

no:)...Thx all...he has escalated this to his Internet service provider

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Check account settings in MS Outlook.

Thx all, I fixed his issue in so much he can send to non-outlook accounts. All mails sent to MS/outlook accounts result in a 'delivery delay' message and the message never get delivered, messages going to gmail or other account are received fine.

Does this mean the outlook servers are blocking his mails?

Can he send/receive emails on outlook.com using a web browser?

• Advertisement

Same issue via outlook.com.

Than this is most likely a Hotmail/Outlook.com issue. Have you tried checking to see if there is enough space in the email account?

Thx - mate, how do i check the space for the email account via outlook?

Advertisement