Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need help moving to the U.S.A

• 06-11-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys.

I need some help figuring out how I can get myself a HS Diploma in the U.S.A

I made a question about this earlier but I did not get many replies because I did not explain myself well enough so people were confused.

I have spent my whole life in Ireland as a student attending secondary school here. I am 17 years of age currently. I will be 18 soon enough. I am looking to move to the U.S.A before the Leaving Cert. I am a U.S.A citizen. I have completed my junior cert here and done very well in it. I got a total of 7 honors most been B grades with an A in English.

I plan on sitting the SAT exam some time early next year. I have a few questions that I would like to ask here.

1. What is required to join the U.S.A military. Do I need a HS diploma or is there any other way of getting in ?

2. What do I need to attend a U.S.A college ?

3. What option are closed for me if I get a GED ?

4. How can I get a HS diploma as a student moving over to Ireland next year ?

5. Is there any way I can get my time spent in the Irish school system transferred to the requirements for a HS diploma because I have spent nearly 5 and a half years doing honors in all subjects except math ?

6. Do you guys have any advice for me ?

7. What can I do to give myself a better start in the U.S.A if I do not get the HS diploma ?

8. Can adults go back and get their HS diploma ?

Thank you guys for taking the time out of your day to help me out. It means alot to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LEGEND24

its been about 15yrs since i went to college in america from here on a scholarship,so please forgive my memory, its pretty vague, i had to send my leaving cert results off to someplace for a comparison to what it would be on a par in the USA i think, also, i done my SATs here in dublin as well. had to send those off..not sure about the military aspect, but if ur a US citizen i dont think there be much problem for you applying as they have guys going around colleges recruiting all the time over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 macc2013

Hey lad,

Contact the U.S embassy with most of those questions and they should be able to help you out. SATS make all the difference when applying for a college. You are a citizen so shouldn't be difficult getting everything ironed out.

Good luck,

MAC

Advertisement