Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

insurance on car

• 12-08-2013 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi i am a 22 year old male on a provisional licence, with 2 year ncb to my own insurance... i am looking into buying a new car in the next few months more interested in a 1.4 civic or 1.3 glanza... can anyone help me as to what website is the bet to look up for the cheapest insurance on these cars?? i can obviously do my full test in the mean time but still just looking to see whats the best site.. thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Both will be tricky to insure given your circumstances, but the Civic might be more realistic. The only way to know for sure is to get out the phone book and ring all the insurers and brokers that you can find. Don't bother with websites as most won't quote on the Glanza especially. Most of the main insurers won't touch you on a Glanza either.

Getting a full licence will help but your age is going to be a big factor unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Try your luck with QuoteDevil.ie.

Only place that got me insured on my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Given the profile I'd say the Civic is your best bet, insurers don't like Glanza's at the best of times never mind for a 22 year old provisional licence holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,098 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say insuring either of those cars will be difficult or expensive due to the profile they fit with insurance companies. That plus young male driver without a full license and your chances are slim.

I also think you are wasting your time with online quotes, they are designed to give competitive quotes for low risk drivers. A young male driver on a learner permit looking to insure a Civic or Glanza doesn't fit that profile. Either ring them directly or go through a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JUSTsomeBLOKE!

Well I can go for my full licence in the mean time but at the moment just looking for suggestions on the best site or broker to look at before my insurance runs out in a few months.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Well I can go for my full licence in the mean time but at the moment just looking for suggestions on the best site or broker to look at before my insurance runs out in a few months.?

well the simple answer is call all of them...no one is better for a random applicant..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Theres no such things as the best site or broker; the one that offers me the best quote might not quote you at all. If you want a sure thing then try XS Direct who will insure pretty much anyone in any car, but the policy will be such that its little more than just a piece of paper in the window to make you road legal.

Other than that its going to require a big of leg work on your part. My advice would be to forget about the Glanza until you have gotten a full license and built up some meaningful experience. The Civic would be more realistic; I was able to get insured for a decent price on a 1.4 Civic with little trouble when I was your age, albeit I had a full license for nearly four years as well as a couple of years NCB in my own name at the time.

Advertisement