Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scandal (ABC) [*SPOILERS* - US Pace]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    More to that story
    TMZ broke the story ... Short's wife just got a restraining order against him after he allegedly put a knife to her throat and threatened to kill her. He's also been charged in connection with another incident with domestic violence and child abuse. He was arrested for yet another incident of alleged domestic abuse. And he was arrested recently for allegedly clocking a dude in a bar.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/25/columbus-short-scandal-fired/#ixzz2zwFIv6zz

• Registered Users Posts: 85,020 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Channel 4 / More 4 has dropped it Source

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Season 3 was all kinds of shíte compared to the first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,020 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Season 3 was all kinds of shíte compared to the first two.

I'm kinda sick and tired of the lead character Olivia more interested in the supporting characters like Cyrus, Huck, Mellie (especially in Season 3), Jake and Sally

• Advertisement

Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
    You can skip almost all of season one; it's only seven episodes in the first place, but the only even marginally important ones are episodes six and seven. Really, though, you don't have to bother with those.

Season two is so much better, it's ridiculous. I find most of these episodes very enjoyable, but many are not essential if your main purpose is simply to catch up. Watch the season premiere, "White Hat's Off," and then jump ahead to episode five, "All Roads Lead to Fitz." Then skip episode six.

BUY WINE AND SUPPLIES. Things are gonna get real now. You need to watch episodes 7–14. That's "Defiance," "Happy Birthday, Mr. President," "Blown Away," "One for the Dog," "A Criminal, a Whore, an Idiot and a Liar," "Nobody Likes Babies," and "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot." These go by pretty fast, and you can fast-forward any parts with Harrison and just about anything with Huck.

The remaining episodes of season two are up to you. They're pretty good, but if you're really pressed for time for some reason, you can jump to the season finale, "White Hat's Back On." Do not skip this episode!

Onto season three. Season three is not as glorious as season two. Start with the premiere, "It's Handled," and the second ep, "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner," though; they're good. Especially "Guess."

"More Cattle, Less Bull." That's episode 5.

"Everything's Coming Up Mellie." Episode 7.

Episodes 9, 10, and 11: "YOLO," "A Door Marked Exit," and "Ride, Sally, Ride." Feel free to again fast-forward anything having to do with Harrison. Also skip over most of the Huck stuff, and any of the Quinn things you find annoying. Focus on Mellie, Liv, Cyrus, and Sally.

Episode 14, "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang." Buy a cupcake or something for yourself after this.

Episodes 17 and 18, "Flesh and Blood" and "The Price of a Free and Fair Election." The season ends on an appropriately OMG-WTF wavelength, but as always, skip over anything you find less than thrilling. I like David Rosen and Abby's relationship, but it could be almost completely excised from the story and you'd miss very, very little. If Huck and Quinn bug you, fast forward their parts, too.

you could probably get away with just watching "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner," "Everything's Coming Up Mellie," and "The Price of a Free and Fair Election" in season three. You'll miss some stuff, but life is full of sacrifices.

The Most Insane Moments From Season 3 Of ‘Scandal,’ Ranked
    the 10 most insane things that happened. It doesn’t even scratch the surface

Wasn't the greatest opening episode really.

I love Mellie so much she steals the series for me. "It's 1976 down there!" :D I laughed so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I think the season opener may have been too much, too fast.

I kept expecting
    Harrison to not actually be dead and if he is, the whole thing ran pretty hollow.

Mellie is the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Mellie was fantastic I agree. However I enjoyed the opening episode - it would have been pretty boring to see Olivia sitting on the island drinking wine and I like where Quinn, Abbey and Huck ended up without her

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Started season 1 during the week and I like it a lot (more than I expected, given the pedigree - I hate greys anatomy).

Only 45 episodes ahead of me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

I found that I cared less for Olivia than all the rest of the characters, I didn't really care for what happened with her or Jake, the supporting characters just have a little bit more interesting storylines, Olivia's are the same series after series......

I love Mellie these days, hope her character develops as much as last year :-)

Found this in another forum and it pretty much sums up why season 3 was a big, messy pile of bad TV shíte

Without a doubt, the worst and most absurd season of the show, if not the century. It's like watching a no-rules checker game where red disks become black ones after every move. I think after the first season Ms Shonda abdicated all obligations to reality and sound writing principles and took a taxi to the cartoon pages.

Season 1 was very good TV, season 2 was middling and 3 is amongst the most ludicrous stuff Ive ever seen on the small screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

This show has gone to pot. That last episode was an ordeal to get through.

It used to be so good.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    This show has gone to pot. That last episode was an ordeal to get through.

It used to be so good.

I tried the first two episodes and have since decided that unless I read here that the show has improved drastically that Im done with it.

It now views like a show written and directed by mentally unwell people.

Abby's rant on Olivia was the way to go..

Then they just sh1t all over it by having Olivia cry and Abby hug her making the rant a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Just watched the most recent episode - what a load of cràp!!!

I was such an avid fan of scandal but this series has really made me lose interest and this episode was so far fetched - so long gladiators! :-(

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Just watched the most recent episode - what a load of cràp!!!

I was such an avid fan of scandal but this series has really made me lose interest and this episode was so far fetched - so long gladiators! :-(

That episode was a bit to much really.

She killed two guys why the hell didn't she just shoot the last guy at the end he wasn't holding a gun on her.

That slow intercut run to the door horrible piece of directing.

I think it also showed that Kerry Washington isn't a great actor and she needss the rest of the cast around her to hide her flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That episode was a bit to much really.

She killed two guys why the hell didn't she just shoot the last guy at the end he wasn't holding a gun on her.

He had a gun. You could see it in his holster. She didn't. She dropped it earlier.

Besides, her going back in willingly was the sign that she had been broken.

Scandal is usually unrealistic fluff, wish fulfilment for middle aged women and isn't terribly well written. But this is what usually happens when people get abducted. There is no swat team rescue.....you just disappear down a hole. It's slow and torturous and eventually you break.

The fans may have hated it because it wasn't what they wanted. While it wasn't a "fun" watch, frankly it's one of the most realistic things they shown on this show.

• Advertisement

Finally.... Scandal is fun again. :)

I think that was the best episode from Season 4.

It needs more Mellie!

A bit of a damp squib ending to that story, A nice cameo for those who watched the series from the start thats about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I'd heard so much about this show and I thought Kerry Washington was great in Django unchained, so was looking forward to giving it a whirl..........Disappointing though. Well not just disappointing, pretty awful actually. Its a show about a "fixer" which I thought should be interesting as I think Ray Donovan, another show about a fixer, is brilliant. But right from the word go I was cringing at the dialogue and the overall self aggrandising tone. The main characters go off on these long monlogues that are just unintentionally hilarious. The acting is.........well acting. The best shows and movies make you forget youre watching actors at work, you just buy into it. But with this I was acutely aware all the time that I was watching actors over act and try way too hard. Some of it is actually painful to watch, like the way everyone talks up Olivia Pope like shes this amazing, God like figure. That just serves to damage the credibility of the show and the lead character. Let people find out for themselves, over the course of a few episodes, what a character is like, you dont force a view of what you should think a character is like, down the viewers throats.
    I made it all the way to episode 4 and that was it, I couldnt take any more, it was so bad and cringey. Plus watching the credits I spotted a name that I was familiar with(and not in a good way). It was only after Id given up at ep 4 that I realised where Id seen the name Shonda Rhimes before...........Flashbacks and subsequent PTSD of the times Mrs Tunguska made me watch Greys anatomy(and of me slowly losing the will to live). Shonda Rhimes has to write THE worst dialogue in the history of film and tv. Im genuinely baffled as to how this is in anyway successful????

So... latest episode:

:eek:

That's all I have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'll watch it tonight so i don't know what has happened but have seen a few articles on my fb feed that are like Scandal NO, just N.O! and then your post so i take it, it's an 'intetesting' episode!

Yup, I'm saying nothing. :p

When Scandal is fun, it really is fun. Loved the Cyrus/Sally interview. Great ending too. :)

Cyrus and Sally was great fun to watch alright :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement