Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda civic 2000 facelift?

• 17-02-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can somebody tell me are all hatchback civics produced in 2000 facelift? Im looking to purchase a front bumper that came off a 1998 model and just wondering will this fit straight onto my 2000 model or what will i need to do to make it fit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I could be wrong but I think the front grill and headlights on the facelifted model are slightly different. The prefaclifted bumper has a black rubber bump strip on it, whereas the later model doesn't.

Prefacelift:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY6hYnZQzY5gcQUfnbdWNRyUH0lvW1cxMm-t9IcgKEpDQgFAFC

Facelift:
    800px-1998-2000_Honda_Civic_CXi_3-door_hatchback_2010-09-19_01-590x200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

brian20 wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me are all hatchback civics produced in 2000 facelift? Im looking to purchase a front bumper that came off a 1998 model and just wondering will this fit straight onto my 2000 model or what will i need to do to make it fit?

Yes all 2000 model civics are facelifts and no the bumper off a 1998 pre facelift won't fit straight on. The headlights, bonnet, wings, grill and bumper are all different.

Advertisement