Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whey protein shake for breakfast

• 20-02-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm wondering if it's good to have some mornings as I don't always have cereal or milk.

I was having muesli from lidl (not sure if it's as good as any other muesli but they didn't have it last time I looked)

I do cardio in the gym and boxing at home where I will have a post- workout shake

Currently have a cold so not working out at the moment but will continue with a shake in the morning

The protein im on about is the half price stuff in holland & Barrett with the red label. (strawberry flavour)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

What's the question dude? What are your goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Oh yeah, weight-loss, just wondering is a shake ok for breakfeast replacement or should I stick to a cereal as in that lidl museli

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭curry_person

if you wanted to replace a meal with a shake you should trying add stuff into the shake as it is important to have some kind of carbohydrates in the morning for energy! alot of people add things like oats, flaxseed, peanut butter etc !
    its a good idea to do that anyways after awhile shakes can become very very boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I used to eat lidl sugar free (blue) muesli, I think it still has a fair amount of a sugar hit in it for the morning not sure though.

I now eat shredded wheat with water because it has the least sugar (even though it doesnt have any added sugar) If I had the guts I would definitely eat porridge with water, I know with weight loss mine stalls if I don't do breakfast, a small amount of complex carbs should help you've been sleeping for hours and your metabolism is really slow its good to wake it up with a little bit of solid food.
    Maybe I'm just skeptical of replacing meals with whey but what ever suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

I usually have eggs and bacon for breakfast, but this morning had a protein shake with milk instead of the usual water.

Has a similar calorie content as 2 poached eggs and two slices of bacon, has a similar fat content (full fat milk), and has a similar protein content.

Not a bad replacement meal. Depends on what you're trying to replace tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used to mix dry strawberry whey with dry porridge oats. Then mix in the milk last. The dry whey mixes very well with the oats and then mixes nicely with the milk, I loved it.

You do not have to cook porridge oats, its just like muesli without the fruit & nuts. Of course you could add the whey to muesli too. I find protein very satisfying hunger wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

rubadub wrote: »
    I used to mix dry strawberry whey with dry porridge oats. Then mix in the milk last. The dry whey mixes very well with the oats and then mixes nicely with the milk, I loved it.

You do not have to cook porridge oats, its just like muesli without the fruit & nuts. Of course you could add the whey to muesli too. I find protein very satisfying hunger wise.

Fine oats, whey and milk. Easy to blend and just throw in a shaker. Can add nut butter for some fats.

Advertisement