Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medicall EMT course

Options
  • 12-05-2014 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi there,

appologies if this was already covered (I did look around but failed to find anything on this) or if this is in the wrong area (feel free to move etc) but I am looking at finding people who have done their EMT course with Medicall ambulance service and could tell me how it went and if they would reccomend their EMT course.

In particular I would be interested in hearing about quality of the instructors at Medicall and how they found the placements with Medicall.

I have looked around and Medicall seem to offer a reasonable price and offer a well structured EMT course to the public.

thanks,

Paul
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 choccy

Hi I did the IHCD conversion course with medicall and it was very good they have a load of trainers and equipment and they were very good spent a lot of time making sure we all got through the course. I was on the very first course so some of it was a bit muddled but I have heard since from others who have done the course and said its very organised so would definitely recommend them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

choccy wrote: »
    Hi I did the IHCD conversion course with medicall and it was very good they have a load of trainers and equipment and they were very good spent a lot of time making sure we all got through the course. I was on the very first course so some of it was a bit muddled but I have heard since from others who have done the course and said its very organised so would definitely recommend them. :)

Hi choccy,
    What's the story now with the IHCD? What can you do now that you couldn't as a phecc EMT?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 choccy

To be honest im not sure Im a paramedic just did it so I could work over in the UK as well if I wanted too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

Hi,
    Has anybody done the emt ichd conversion with medicall and tried to get work in the Uk. Im thinking of doing it and moving over to the uk to work. No work in ireland for Emt's.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

Hi,
    Has anybody done the emt ichd conversion with medicall and tried to get work in the Uk. Im thinking of doing it and moving over to the uk to work. No work in ireland for Emt's.

Howaya! Did u go ahead and do it? I'm thinking about doing it myself and just wanted to get some info on it before I spend the few €€€!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Donadea lad

No I didn't go and do it yet. Let me know how you get on if you do it.

Advertisement