Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Gee_G wrote: »
    Mallons have new low fat sausages out, syn free.

Thanks for that.Are they the gluten free ones.Also have you tried them?Are they nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Thanks for that.Are they the gluten free ones.Also have you tried them?Are they nice?
    Think they are the gluten free one's. Haven't tried them but a lot of people at the group said they are lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Tried both and they are nice, I do them in actifry which makes them all nicer I think. Don't think low fat are gluten free as they have rice in them. Mallons do a gluten free one which is alright and it's free as well

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Hodgins have a low fat one. It's very similar looking to gluten free pack but it is white packet. I made mistake 2 weeks ago nearly died as had ate 3, the low fat are free and delicious. Had them tonight with sweet potatoe chips

Thanks bulmersgal.Did you get them in dunnes or tesco's.I'll have to watch out for them :)

Dunnes in maynooth if that's any hellp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Where are people getting the quark?

I got mine in dunnes(newbridge)

Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Up 1lb this week, am I ever going to get my half stone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

down 1.5LBS I know I shouldn't be...but I was so annoyed I didn't stay for the class...I know a loss is a loss....but with running and diet change I hoped for more. its still 19lbs gone in total in 5 weeks and a loss is a loss...but I was aiming for my club 10 tonight.

anyhow new week new start...I'm 2lbs away from 1 and a half stone...so I'm going to aim for a 2lb loss.

down 1.5LBS I know I shouldn't be...but I was so annoyed I didn't stay for the class...I know a loss is a loss....but with running and diet change I hoped for more. its still 19lbs gone in total in 5 weeks and a loss is a loss...but I was aiming for my club 10 tonight.

anyhow new week new start...I'm 2lbs away from 1 and a half stone...so I'm going to aim for a 2lb loss.

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Squidgy Chocolate Cake
    Slimming Eats Recipe
    Serves 4
    Extra Easy – 3.5 syns per serving or 2.5 syns when not using the sugar
    Green – 3.5 syns per serving or 2.5 syns when not using the sugar
    Original – 3.5 syns per serving or 2.5 syns when not using the sugar

Ingredients
    6 large eggs separated
    2/3 cup (150ml of a measuring jug) of Splenda *
    4 teaspoons of sugar (4 syns) - optional, but I find it really improves the flavour
    2 oz of cocoa powder (be sure to use real cocoa powder and not drinking chocolate etc) (9 syns)
    1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
    Frylight or Pam spray
    * NOTE- I advise using Splenda or another sucralose based sweetener suitable for baking. Avoid any aspartame based sweeteners as they don’t heat well and will leave a bitter taste.

Method
    Preheat oven to 180c or 350f, spray a oven proof cake tin or loaf tin with Frylight or Pam Spray
    Whisk the egg whites to the soft peak stage and set aside.
    Place the egg yolks in another mixing bowl. Add the splenda and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth.
    Add the cocoa powder into the egg yolk mixture and mix until smooth. If it starts to get too stiff, add a little of the egg white mixture.
    Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with a metal spoon, the mixture should be an even milky chocolate colour with little flecks of dark chocolate.
    Pour the mixture into a standard cake/loaf tin.
    Bake the cake for approx 25 minutes until springy. Remove it from the oven but leave it in the cake tin to cool.
    The cake is lovely served with some fresh light cream and fruit or one of the following toppings

Topping 1 (Optional) – 8 syns

4 level tablespoons of light cream cheese
    1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
    sweetener (2 level teaspoons)
    Topping 2 (Optional) - Syn Free (1 teaspoon of cocoa powder is only 0.5 syns, so divided into portions makes the syns negligible)
    4 level tablespoons of Quark
    1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
    sweetener (2 level teaspoons)

Danniboo wrote: »
    Up 1lb this week, am I ever going to get my half stone :(

If you were really naughty on Saturday and Sunday like you said then a 1lb gain on the grand scheme of things is not too bad. If you're really good this week you'll be able to undo that in no time so go easy on yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Have my first weigh in tomorrow (on line) so shouldn't be asking this but is anyone having pancakes?

Merkin wrote: »
    If you were really naughty on Saturday and Sunday like you said then a 1lb gain on the grand scheme of things is not too bad. If you're really good this week you'll be able to undo that in no time so go easy on yourself :)

I know but every time I get to 1lb before my half stone I go back up, member since November now so it's getting frustrating. I was excellent all week up until Saturday, so would have thought maybe stay the same.I had 42 syns to spare on Saturday, that's how good I was. Anyways here's to a better week.

Do you do much exercise Danniboo? If not, try and get a few good sessions in this week and it should help give you the push you need to get you over the 7lbs, it could make all the difference!

Do you do much exercise Danniboo? If not, try and get a few good sessions in this week and it should help give you the push you need to get you over the 7lbs, it could make all the difference!

I work full time and I am in college part time, i'm up to my eyes with an assignment so the exercise is not really realistic this week, unless I can squeeze in a bit early Saturday and Sunday, won't hold my breath though, under pressure to get this work done.

Tigerton wrote: »
    Have my first weigh in tomorrow (on line) so shouldn't be asking this but is anyone having pancakes?

I had porridge pancakes this morning, sound disgusting but me and my 3 year old ate them all up.

Recipe is 35g porridge soaked overnight or for few hours in muller light and add in 3 eggs. I then whisked and fried put bit of lemon n Splenda on them and delicious. It's nicer if you make them smaller

I work full time and I am in college part time, i'm up to my eyes with an assignment so the exercise is not really realistic this week, unless I can squeeze in a bit early Saturday and Sunday, won't hold my breath though, under pressure to get this work done.

It's hard to fit everything in isn't it? Exercise will more than likely speed up your metabolism and give you the push you need this week however so could you manage a 1/2 hour power walk for the rest of the week during your lunch break? Would also be a great way of clearing the cobwebs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Down 1.5lbs last night just a half lb to go to reach 1.5 stone then on plan to get another half stone off. Hols in April so I have a goal :D Did a stirfry last night syn free except the tablesp of honey mixed loads of chinese veg, chicken and noodles with spices and soy sauce. I more adventourous on SW with cooking than I ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

Did you put the honey in at the start or near the end of the cooking?
    miss choc wrote: »
    Down 1.5lbs last night just a half lb to go to reach 1.5 stone then on plan to get another half stone off. Hols in April so I have a goal :D Did a stirfry last night syn free except the tablesp of honey mixed loads of chinese veg, chicken and noodles with spices and soy sauce. I more adventourous on SW with cooking than I ever was.

WI tomorrow so il have one tonight and more after WI tomorrow
    Tigerton wrote: »

I get it in Supervalu and some of the Tescos, was finding it really hard to get, i ask the manager in my local Sv to get it in and he did :)

It's hard to fit everything in isn't it? Exercise will more than likely speed up your metabolism and give you the push you need this week however so could you manage a 1/2 hour power walk for the rest of the week during your lunch break? Would also be a great way of clearing the cobwebs!

I have to get my dinner and get ready for college during my lunch break as I have to go straight from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I just sliced up a chicken mixed mixed up tablesp honey and soy and marinated it with chilli and chinese 5 spice. Cooked noodles, broccalli, waterchestnuts, onions, peppers beansprouts then added in chicken and more soy sauce

Sounds like dinner!!!
    I just sliced up a chicken mixed mixed up tablesp honey and soy and marinated it with chilli and chinese 5 spice. Cooked noodles, broccalli, waterchestnuts, onions, peppers beansprouts then added in chicken and more soy sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Weight watchers are 1 syn each

Completley understand how it is, i work long days during the week study evenings and i find it hard too. I dont get much in during the week but make sure every sat and sun to go for a long brisk walk. It helps, i lose slowly but at least its not a gain;)
    I have to get my dinner and get ready for college during my lunch break as I have to go straight from work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

that sounds flippin delicious!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement