Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin Forerunner 210

• 15-01-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I am thinking of buying a Garmin Forerunner 210. Any opinions or experiences ???

Worth buying 2 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Not sure what kind of response you're hoping to solicit, but a poll is probably not the best way to do it. What do you want to know? What are you looking for in a GPS watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

As Krusty says above, if you have any specific questions then post them. I have a FR210 and it suits me perfectly for what I want, it gives me Distance, Time and Current Pace figures at a glance and can pass as an everyday watch. I've it set to beep every mile and it supports a HRM (which I have but rarely use).

It does fog up from time to time which can be annoying, condensation builds on the inside of the glass and starts in the middle of the screen and gradually gets bigger, hasn't affected the operation of the watch at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

Sorry lads i was probably a bit naive I suppose with my initial post. Here goes...
    I run 2 to 3 times per week anything from 5 to 10k.I partake in a good few 10k races and the odd half marathon.
    I am looking for a reliable watch to help me with pacing, distance travelled, time lapsed
    I am not really too concened about HRM's.
    Is the FR210 worth the money with this in mind as I am getting fed up just using a normal sports watch and like the idea of having a bit more info on my arm.

it's a good watch for your uses. it's a good option in the Garmin line. 210 has basic functionality and also you can create workouts if you wish. I'd go for it. It's not waterproof so once you're not planning on getting into triathlons....
    would get the hrm with it tho when you buy it as it's great to see your current fitness level from your hr and it doesn't cost much more in the watch + hr set but if you buy it seperately later it can be pricey.

http://www.handtec.co.uk/garmin-forerunner-210-hrm-heart-rate-monitor.html

seems like a good price - £138 including delivery.

Thanks Glasso I bought it from handtec cost €188 deleivered with HRM. I received it 4 days after ordering great service. Tried the watch once so far so still getting used to it but happy so far thanks for advice

• Advertisement

good luck with it. another advantage of the 210 is that you can turn gps off and use it as a normal watch day-to-day as battery charge lasts for 3 weeks with gps off.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/12/garmin-forerunner-210-in-depth-review.html

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

glasso wrote: »
    good luck with it. another advantage of the 210 is that you can turn gps off and use it as a normal watch day-to-day as battery charge lasts for 3 weeks with gps off.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2010/12/garmin-forerunner-210-in-depth-review.html

I own one for approx 18 months, still works fine, no problems. I use as an everyday watch also.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

Hi,
    Im looking at buying the forerunner 410 or 210 from Handtec with the HRM, although they dont say if the Bundle includes the HRM strap?

As you (fitness fan) have purchased one recently could you tell me if it does or not?
    The last thing i want is for the unit to arrive then realise i have to buy the HRM strap separately.

Cheers
    Roddy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Roddylarge wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im looking at buying the forerunner 410 or 210 from Handtec with the HRM, although they dont say if the Bundle includes the HRM strap?

As you (fitness fan) have purchased one recently could you tell me if it does or not?
    The last thing i want is for the unit to arrive then realise i have to buy the HRM strap separately.

Cheers
    Roddy
    Hi Roddy, give us a link to the product page on Handtec and we should be able to let you know.

Sure can Krusty,

Somebody on the link asks the same question but doesnt get a definitive answer.

Roddy

• Advertisement

Sure can Krusty,

Somebody on the link asks the same question but doesnt get a definitive answer.

Roddy

pretty clear to me - title is
    "GARMIN FORERUNNER 210 + HRM (HEART RATE MONITOR)"

so comes with the heart rate monitor (hrm)

pretty clear to me - title is
    "GARMIN FORERUNNER 210 + HRM (HEART RATE MONITOR)"

so comes with the heart rate monitor (hrm)

But the question was 'does it come with a HRM strap?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

From your link

Forerunner 210 comes bundled with our premium soft strap heart rate monitor to display your heart rate in beats per minute. It has five heart rate zones, which you can customize based on your exact zones. You can also set up heart rate alerts to notify you when you are above or below your targets. Forerunner 210 provides heart rate-based calorie computations so you can more accurately track your calories burned.

menoscemo wrote: »

From your link

Forerunner 210 comes bundled with our premium soft strap heart rate monitor to display your heart rate in beats per minute. It has five heart rate zones, which you can customize based on your exact zones. You can also set up heart rate alerts to notify you when you are above or below your targets. Forerunner 210 provides heart rate-based calorie computations so you can more accurately track your calories burned.

Thanks. I completely missed this in the link. I looked at the bottom where it says 'in the box' and didn't see the strap mentioned.
    Looks like ill be making a purchase, although I'm now looking at the 310xt now

the only type of heart rate monitor that Garmin make is a strap.

Thanks. I completely missed this in the link. I looked at the bottom where it says 'in the box' and didn't see the strap mentioned.
    Looks like ill be making a purchase, although I'm now looking at the 310xt now

does it come with....

does it come with....

No need to be smart glasso..

I asked a simple question and got an answer, thanks all

No need to be smart glasso..

I asked a simple question and got an answer, thanks all

didn't mean to offend. good luck with whichever one you go for.

Mine came with the HRM and the strap to answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 connolb2

Just wondering if anybody could recommend a watch that does the same as 210 garmin but doesnt fog up like the garmin??
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Another 18 months down the line, still working away fine. The strap did split (wear everyday) , I'm currently keeping it together with a little strip of Velcro. It's still functioning away fine, no issues with fogging. I'd actually buy the same model again (without knowing what's out there 3 years after this purchase).

Advertisement