Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Binging on crackers...

Options
  • 11-10-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am having issues with crackers, eg finn crisp or plain ryvita, once i open a pack i cannot leave any. I also have to have cheap light cheese singles on them

so i cut up one cheese slice and put it on 3 crackers, i have tried 4 crackers for 1 slices but its just not enough.

I crave this combo all the time and i can see it as a huge issue.

What are my options:o

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Honestly, just go cold turkey and stop buying them for a while would be my solution
    If they're not in the house you can't binge

I would also check the rest of your diet to make sure you aren't hungry or lacking anything in other areas

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

bluewolf wrote: »
    Honestly, just go cold turkey and stop buying them for a while would be my solution

i have tried not buying them but i end up getting them, its like looking for drugs, is it my body craving fiber?

also i have the rational that it coulb be worse, eg, chocolate or crisp binges..

its really starting topiss me off:mad:

i think i will just have to ether get really sick of them and not want them or just work at not eating them...

i never used to be like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Sounds like you're just hungry. What are the rest of your meals like?

not bad really, i dont eat bread, i try and keep about 2500 cals with a mixture of carbs, protein and fruit and veg.

i just get the thought in my head for crackers and cheese, i just like the taste:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 arold10

bluewolf wrote: »

I would also check the rest of your diet to make sure you aren't hungry or lacking anything in other areas

Well, I completely agree with your solution since it's the most reasonable. If you are dealing with a craving the best way that you can deal with it is to abstain from the very thing your craving is directed toward. So, stop buying them would be the ideal thing to do in such situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

i have tried not buying them but i end up getting them, its like looking for drugs, is it my body craving fiber?
    Try harder. You are in the shop for 30 minutes or so, it's not difficult to leave without them.
    i try and keep about 2500 cals with a mixture of carbs, protein and fruit and veg.
    finn crisp or plain ryvita, once i open a pack i cannot leave any. I also have to have cheap light cheese singles on them
    Based on the above, I'd hazard a guess that you aren't eating enough fat.

Mellor wrote: »
    Try harder. You are in the shop for 30 minutes or so, it's not difficult to leave without them.

Based on the above, I'd hazard a guess that you aren't eating enough fat.

if i get them into my head, i will go out and get them... its not as bad as it was, but if i get the taste of 1 thats the end of it,

maybe i am not eating FAT at all, that could be it.

Advertisement