Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Audi S3 with a difference.

• 16-10-2013 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

Yup, its a perfect Audi S3 Quattro except for it's RAT look. I have to say, much to my surprise, I'm a big fan of the look and I actually think this looks rather cool. I just cant see myself doing this to my own car. Maybe with a weapon but a lovely S3. All part of the fun I suppose. There's more on the main website.

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38572

5a425ffa8046.JPG

e2bbe9fcd585.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why would they leave the badges on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Anan1 wrote: »
    Why would they leave the badges on?

Good point. I'd probably stick a TDi or 1.6 on the back. Better still, one of those motor factor turbo badges :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Just wrong IMO, its neither rat nor anything else. A good car ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I think that this is the night we'll remember as the night Saab Ed was banned for madness :)

I think that car has been ruined.

Looks like some lad tried to do some wide arch thing and made a meal of it, so he just goes "eh, yeah it's rat" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

The wheel arches are held on with electrical tape and nails by the look of it. It was quite a nice car beforehand though!

• Advertisement

YbFocus wrote: »

I think that car has been ruined.

Looks like some lad tried to do some wide arch thing and made a meal of it, so he just goes "eh, yeah it's rat" :rolleyes:

I really do like it. I think its what it represents rather than the look that I actually enjoy more. How many smiles would dissapear after you took off in this shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

I thought rat look was more rusty older car, like mk1 golf or jetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

I don't think making a nice car look like a sh1tbox on purpose is cool. Quite the opposite actually. There's some fairly convoluted thinking going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Satanta wrote: »
    I don't think making a nice car look like a sh1tbox on purpose is cool. Quite the opposite actually. There's some fairly convoluted thinking going on here.

Yup.

I blame the recession.

EDIT: £1,880 on Porsche wheels!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Read the barryboys thread, its finished now, painted etc

• Advertisement

Yup.

I blame the recession.

Hardly blame. There's no doubt that this style is a consequence of the recession but not to the detriment I think, rather the opposite. I think hard times makes for far more creativity, thats what we have going on here. Cheap form of current style. I like it.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Read the barryboys thread, its finished now, painted etc

I think it looks worse now :eek::D

5f3683b6d20f.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Neilw wrote: »
    Just wrong IMO, its neither rat nor anything else. A good car ruined.

Just looks like they primed a few panels then went "meh" and didn't bother finishing it.

EDIT, Ah. that's what they did do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I think it looks worse now :eek::D

5f3683b6d20f.jpg

I was right, a good car ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

at least it was somewhat reversible in the first picture.

will people ever learn with the whole flushing out of bumpers into wings that in the end it always cracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'm sure I posted that in skangermobiles when I saw it months ago ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Good point. I'd probably stick a TDi or 1.6 on the back.:D

I agree :D

j8fa.jpg

Advertisement