Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

Lovely man texting me in the morning when I wake up makes me smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I used to take down homework questions in my copy so I'd have a book or two less in my bag. Still, the smell of new books is like the best thing about starting school!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I am about to do my last assignment of this year. :) SO EXCITED! (Not about doing it, about it being finished!). I never thought I'd make it through a whole year of college after all my dropping out and stuff so I'm really, really happy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Just got called to work at 4 in Limerick and I should be rushing around like a mad woman getting ready & going to the bus... But I'm on Boards.. I have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    My bag was so heavy that I had to be driven to school, a 30 second drive, 7 minute walk, because to do the walk twice in one day was torture.

My mouth hurts, haven't eaten yet today because of the few bland soft foods I have nothing appeals :(

ah it was ridiculous, i used to go to my grandmothers after school as my parents didnt finish work til after 6pm and I finished at 3 or whenever, and it was a 10-15 minute walk, grand normally, not so much with piles of big ass text books in your bag because our stupid school had no lockers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

krudler wrote: »
    ah it was ridiculous, i used to go to my grandmothers after school as my parents didnt finish work til after 6pm and I finished at 3 or whenever, and it was a 10-15 minute walk, grand normally, not so much with piles of big ass text books in your bag because our stupid school had no lockers.

We had lockers but with 7-9 subjects a day and at least one book and copy for each my back was in bits! Had to lean forward just to keep my balance. Taking it off my back was SUCH a relief every afternoon, practically euphoric!

Can anyone tell me why my laptop has a fit every few days and does what it's doing now, my typing is going much faster than the writing coming up on the screen, I have to type at half speed to keep in time with it...so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    We had lockers but with 7-9 subjects a day and at least one book and copy for each my back was in bits! Had to lean forward just to keep my balance. Taking it off my back was SUCH a relief every afternoon, practically euphoric!

Can anyone tell me why my laptop has a fit every few days and does what it's doing now, my typing is going much faster than the writing coming up on the screen, I have to type at half speed to keep in time with it...so frustrating.

its not updating anything is it? my last windows laptop had a heart attack when it was searching for and updating things so I just turned them off, then I bought a mac :pac:

its not updating anything is it? my last windows laptop had a heart attack when it was searching for and updating things so I just turned them off, then I bought a mac :pac:

I don't think so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I'm having one of those days where I don't really feel great but I have no reason for it at all :confused: Hate it!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We had a 30 min walk. Plus on a Wednesday we had music, and the mother insisted that I learn the accordian, so had to carry that there and back once a week. Total waste, I was and continue to be musically challenged :D

Tablets in school would be brilliant.

• Advertisement

Yeah I had a 35 minute walk home until 5th year, we moved to a new school in 6th year that was closer, but our bags were heavier, unlucky!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

@Neyite

Just looking at your ticker. Are you finished work yet?

*is excited for you* :D

Oh I don't believe this, not only is the roof of mouth sore on the right but now the left is sore where my wisdom tooth used to inhabit, soup it is then!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Neyite wrote: »
    We had a 30 min walk. Plus on a Wednesday we had music, and the mother insisted that I learn the accordian, so had to carry that there and back once a week. Total waste, I was and continue to be musically challenged :D
    Jesus, as if you don't have enough too be carting around!
    I came out of primary school once when I was about 9-10, with a really really heavy schoolbag.The weight of it actually tipped me over and I fell onto the path and bashed my head open. The bag was just so heavy I couldn't stay upright!
    I think tablets could be good, so long as there's still a good bit of focus on handwriting and spelling and the school's appreciate that not everyone is made of money!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Posy wrote: »
    Jesus, as if you don't have enough too be carting around!
    I came out of primary school once when I was about 9-10, with a really really heavy schoolbag.The weight of it actually tipped me over and I fell onto the path and bashed my head open. The bag was just so heavy I couldn't stay upright!
    I think tablets could be good, so long as there's still a good bit of focus on handwriting and spelling and the school's appreciate that not everyone is made of money!

Tablets could just be used as text books though. Even a kindle type thing and use copybooks as well.

Plus a table type thing would probably be cheaper than years of booklists?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

If someone wants to study for me, or you know, effectively scare me into studying, please do. Am in dire straits at this point.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Tablets could just be used as text books though. Even a kindle type thing and use copybooks as well.
    I suppose anything to stop children looking like bent over question marks with heavy school-bags full of huge books would be a good thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Christ I used to hate my cycle home from school, so hard to balance with all those books and trucks barrelling along beside me, so many near death experiences!
    Went to my first spin class last night, it was brilliant. They have uv lighting and stuff so halfway through the class they turn off the lights and turn on the light effects and it's like being in a nightclub! Great laugh, really takes your mind off the horrendous discomfort of the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

ok am i the only one who cant get pottermore to work right? it will let me into chapter one but cant seem to get it to change from one chapter to another with out having to reload the page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

If someone wants to study for me, or you know, effectively scare me into studying, please do. Am in dire straits at this point.

Ugh me too. I've done really badly in all but one essay this semester, so I really need to do well in my exams... I feel your pain :(
    ok am i the only one who cant get pottermore to work right? it will let me into chapter one but cant seem to get it to change from one chapter to another with out having to reload the page?

That's odd, mine doesn't do that...maybe go to their help page and see if anything there can help you? Also, can nobody get into the second book yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm stuck at the Forbidden Door in Book One on Pottermore. I just can't mast the spellcasting or the Potion making. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

EmilyO wrote: »
    Also, can nobody get into the second book yet?

Nope. They say to keep an eye on the Insider for updates.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm stuck at the Forbidden Door in Book One on Pottermore. I just can't mast the spellcasting or the Potion making. :/

Are you following the white line to each letter and clicking each in turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I hate when you wake up in the morning with a bad feeling about the day ahead and it turns out your feeling was right.

Lamenting the fact that I'm studying economics as my degree, my grá is totally and utterly gone. And its not even one thats screaming out for employment.... gah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Lamenting the fact that I'm studying economics as my degree, my grá is totally and utterly gone. And its not even one thats screaming out for employment.... gah.

I did it to for my degree. Loved it in first and second year, hated it by the end of third year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I'm also studying economics today and feel your pain...

Someone needs to bitchslap some motivation into me.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I need serious motivation too! My exam is in a few days, but I just can't concentrate on anything. This is my sixth "study break" :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

economics is really interesting though :pac:
    i think ill have a nap then study
    fingers crossed for tomorrow:rolleyes:

Thats the worst bit - I know this bit is actually interesting, I'm just at the stage that I don't care about any of it - despite the article on Economics of Obesity actually seeming fairly cool a few months ago when I should have been reading it.... sixty seven pages - couldn't just fit it into bulletpoints no? *sigh*

Ladies, we can get through these exams.... after the next tea break!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

bluewolf wrote: »
    economics is really interesting though :pac:
    i think ill have a nap then study
    fingers crossed for tomorrow:rolleyes:

Best of luck :)
    Thats the worst bit - I know this bit is actually interesting, I'm just at the stage that I don't care about any of it - despite the article on Economics of Obesity actually seeming fairly cool a few months ago when I should have been reading it.... sixty seven pages - couldn't just fit it into bulletpoints no? *sigh*

Ladies, we can get through these exams.... after the next tea break!

I hope so! I've actually been sat here for the last 4 hours, making potions on Pottermore. What is wrong with me?? There must be some reason why my brain just won't concentrate :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement