Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fage 0% Greek Yogurt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Do you live in Dublin?

If so there is a few places that stock it here.
    I'm lucky to have a store near me that stocks REAL Greek yogurt(fage total) frequently.

Yep, I can get my hands on Fage easily so I'm lucky in that respect- it would just be nice and convenient (and probably cheaper) if it was stocked in Tesco or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Changel

Can someone please tell me the address of the shop in Dublin that sells the Fage greek yogurts? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patravers

You can get them in donnybrook fair on baggot st or in stillorgan shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gemmalyons

JC'S supermarket in Swords, co dub stock fage yoghurt, or sainsburys in newry have the plain and fruit flavored ones

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Chobani Greek Yoghurts have an even higher protein count but I have never seen them in Ireland.

Tesco UK certainly sell them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Just wanted to let people know that Morton's food shop (in Ranelagh) is now selling these as well. They have the 500g pots in both full fat (which I haven't seen in Donnybrook Fair) and 0% and at €3.79 they're €2 cheaper than Donnybrook Fair. The smaller pots are about €1.49 which is 50c cheaper.

They don't seem to get as many in as they're often sold out when I check, but there's definitely some savings to be had if you eat as much Greek Yogurt as I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Gauge wrote: »
    Just wanted to let people know that Morton's food shop (in Ranelagh) is now selling these as well. They have the 500g pots in both full fat (which I haven't seen in Donnybrook Fair) and 0% and at €3.79 they're €2 cheaper than Donnybrook Fair. The smaller pots are about €1.49 which is 50c cheaper.

They don't seem to get as many in as they're often sold out when I check, but there's definitely some savings to be had if you eat as much Greek Yogurt as I do!

I wish somewhere in Dublin city centre would stock them, although I suppose the 12 mile round trip cycle from my house to Donnybrook Fair is good exercise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

I was in Donnybrook Fair earlier and bought a small tub of the Fage yoghurt. This is the first time I have had Greek yoghurt. Any of the other so called 'Greek' yoghurts I have been eating are Greek style. The texture is much thicker than the Glenlisk or Eridanous brands.
    Its also very filling, probably shouldn't have had so quickly after lunch. At €2 a pop for the 170gr tub and €5.79 for the 500gr tub I won't be able to buy it very often. Mortons don't seem to have any of the 500gr tubs in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Can anyone recommend which is best - Fage full fat (total) or 0%? Normally I would say full fat but looking at info, the 0% seems to have less sugars and more protein? also just wondering about calcium benefits of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Which is best for what?

• Advertisement

Which is best for what?

nutrition wise. Also does anyone know if this is ok to eat on a low gl diet?

Everyone has different nutritional needs.

Lose weight, gain weight etc?

Personally after tasting the full fat version I can't go back to the 0%. It tastes so much nicer so I fit it into my daily food intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Anyone know where you can get it in Cork city?

Everyone has different nutritional needs.

Lose weight, gain weight etc?

Personally after tasting the full fat version I can't go back to the 0%. It tastes so much nicer so I fit it into my daily food intake.

I always bought the 0% based on the nutrition info (more protein, less sugars) but after reading comments on this about better flavour of full fat and more satiety, I tried full fat. Its fab but not so different to the 0% so I think I will stick with 0% given less sugars/carbs. I find no difference in satiety either so I just wanted to know if there was another reason for sticking with full fat. I'd like to maintain weight but cut sugars if possible. Thanks for your input!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can get it in Cork city?

I think I have seen it in the wholefood store in Paul Street SC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can I just ask what's the difference between Greek yogurt and natural yogurt?

leahyl wrote: »
    Can I just ask what's the difference between Greek yogurt and natural yogurt?

Thicker with a higher protein count

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Fage have new little pots out.

They're expensive but ridiculously nice

They've always had them no? 170g or smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭opus

I think I have seen it in the wholefood store in Paul Street SC

I was in there last w/end for a look around & didn't spot it but wasn't searching for it specifically so could just be lack of observation on my part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

opus wrote: »
    I was in there last w/end for a look around & didn't spot it but wasn't searching for it specifically so could just be lack of observation on my part.

Yip, I was in there Saturday and didn't see it :(

I am gonna go back in tomorrow and if not there see if they can order it in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Fage have new little pots out.

They're expensive but ridiculously nice
    They've always had them no? 170g or smaller?

They've always had the 170g and 500g pots in the supermarket in Galway where I can get them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

New was the wrong word.

New to me cos I didn't see them last time.

The honey one is UNREAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

They've always had the 170g and 500g pots in the supermarket in Galway where I can get them anyway.

Which supermarket in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Katgurl wrote: »
    Which supermarket in Galway?

Joyce's in Knocknacarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 New_Girl

Does anywhere else in Galway/Oranmore sell fat free greek yogurt? Only I'm out from the other side of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

they have it in Joyces athenry as well if thats handier for your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Anyone get this in Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Anyone get this in Meath?

Did you manage to find anywhere around Meath doctorwhogirl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Liberte do a fat free strained Greek yougurt that you can get in Dunnes. It's high in protein too with about 9.5g of protein per 100g.

Advertisement