Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

KEFIR LIVE GRAINS

Options
  • 14-03-2010 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME LOCATE SOMEONE WHO HAS KEFIR LIVE GRAINS TO SHARE. I LIVE IN SOUTH DUBLIN. MY NUMBER IS 086. PS I CAN COLLECT:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Iristxo

double d wrote: »
    PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME LOCATE SOMEONE WHO HAS KEFIR LIVE GRAINS TO SHARE. I LIVE IN SOUTH DUBLIN. MY NUMBER IS 086. PS I CAN COLLECT:)

I'll give you some but right now I don't have enough, can you wait for about 6 weeks or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

there is something strange about your post, but i cant quiet put my finger on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 double d

THAT WOULD BE GREAT. IM DELIGHTED SOMEONE HAS SOME. WILL YOU TEXT ME WHEN YOU HAVE SOME READY. REGARDS DEE:P

THAT WOULD BE GREAT. IM DELIGHTED SOMEONE HAS SOME. WILL YOU TEXT ME WHEN YOU HAVE SOME READY. REGARDS DEE:P

No prob

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

REGARDS DEE:P
    Hi Dee, just letting you know it is best not to post in capitals, obviously you have just joined but on message forums capitals are regarded as shouting, it also makes it difficult to read and some posters will simply not bother reading your posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 double d

YOUR RIGHT ABOUT MY CAPS ONLY IM ONLY GETTING USED TO COMPUTER SKILLS AND TAKES FOREVER FOR ME TO KEEP CHANGING CAPS. BY THE WAY, INTERESTING IMAGINE YOU HAVE THERE. DEE:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sophie15

I have some kefir grains (both milk and water kefir grains) if you want some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 calzzada

Sophie15 wrote: »
    I have some kefir grains (both milk and water kefir grains) if you want some.

Hi Sophie, Do you still have kefir grains to share?

I would love to have some

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭spupazza

Hi,

is there someone that has water kefir grains?
    I live in Swords, North Co. Dublin.

Please let me know.
    thanks

Hello,

I have some kefir grains, both water and milk grains.
    Send me a private message and we'll organise delivery.

Best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Bullhilll

Hi. Does anyone have healthy Kefir grains they would be prepared to give me ? I would swop for a nice fiction book if of any interest to you? I can collect West Dublin or Kildare areas.:) Thanks

I've got live milk kefir grains for anyone willing to collect from South Dublin (rathfarnham), free of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mfield

Anyone willing to post milk kefir grains. I can cover the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sea Horses

Hi, I am getting more and more into this healthy living and I am wondering about this Kiefer or is it Keifer.
    Taste - Natural yougurt?
    Where can it be got and do you have to keep growing the cultures as some info say that you can only grow out 7 times before having to start a new. any advise or help appreciated. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

YOUR RIGHT ABOUT MY CAPS ONLY IM ONLY GETTING USED TO COMPUTER SKILLS AND TAKES FOREVER FOR ME TO KEEP CHANGING CAPS. BY THE WAY, INTERESTING IMAGINE YOU HAVE THERE. DEE:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

sorry to drag off topic but the shift key might help:pac:

I have been using Kefir for about 6 weeks and think it's great. If you want some useful info here are some links for info on Kefir.

Seems to me that people say when they have excess Kefir grains on sites like this. That's how I got mine originally . I may have milk Kefir grains coming free in July but there's no guarantee (as I give them to friends and family if they ask me to keep them) , if so I will post on this thread so click on Follow thread to be notified. It would require the person collecting them from West Dublin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir
    http://kefirgrains.info/

http://www.kefirlady.com/faqaboutkefir.htm

I still have plenty if anyone wants them. Collection south dublin as I don't know how could i do to post them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

I would love some and would be happy to pay for them or postage to Donegal if anyone could help? Please PM me & we can arrange. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

Iristxo wrote: »
    I still have plenty if anyone wants them. Collection south dublin as I don't know how could i do to post them.

hi Iristxo,

i know your post is exactly one month old, so it's a bit of an off chance, but was wondering, do you have any kefir grains? I live in S Dublin so could easily collect...

many thanks

I saw 1L cartons of kefir in an eastern european shop in the main street of dun laoghaire, the shop is narrow and has a red front, think it was 1.59 for the litre.

Not sure if you can generate more from these cartons, probably not but some people might want to taste it before getting live stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

thanks I didn't know there was an Eastern Europan (Polish?) shop in Dun L., will have a look.
    should have mentioned that I have already had this "brewed" kefir a few times, I mean made by using the grains. My parents are into it big time but they live 1000s of miles away...
    I would sort of need it now but don't really know where to look...

thanks,
    sf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 1049424

I live in West Dublin and can provide (free) dairy kefir grains for collection.

I have just started a batch of water sugar kefir but know from previous experience that they multiply very quickly so I'm also likely to have a surplus of them before too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ruby Rainbow

I live in South Dublin and have too much Kefir. Let me know if you want some I can meet you, not gonna post them though sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BRITTNEY

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME LOCATE SOMEONE WHO HAS KEFIR LIVE GRAINS TO SHARE. I LIVE IN SOUTH TIPP. MY NUMBER IS ****

BRITTNEY wrote: »
    PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME LOCATE SOMEONE WHO HAS KEFIR LIVE GRAINS TO SHARE. I LIVE IN SOUTH TIPP. MY NUMBER IS ****
    Hi Brittney, welcome to boards. I censored your phone number as it is usually strongly advised not to publicly post it, you might get weirdos ringing you, esp. being female. (I only noticed now another person posted a phone number)

People can send you a private message to get in touch, you will see it when you log in, under your name on the top right of the screen.

Also typing in capitals is regarded as shouting in forums, and makes it difficult to read.

I have some kefir grains, both milk and water grains.

PM me and we can organize delivery.

I have some good quality excess live milk kefir grains to collect West Dublin or South Kildare.pm me to organise collection and all you need to collect is a glass (kilner type)jar with a seal lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

This is by far and away the strangest thread on boards.

What are "Kefir grains" and how has boards.ie somehow become an illicit exchange site for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Noirin08

Iristxo wrote: »

Hi, do you still have extra kefir?? I don't live in Dublin but I could arrange collection.

Many thanks
    Noreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Kate1968

:)Hi, is it possible to get from you some water kefir grains? I live in Sligo. Is it possible to post them?
    Sophie15 wrote: »
    I have some kefir grains, both milk and water grains.

PM me and we can organize delivery.

Advertisement