Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Niamh91

They dont really look at the grades, its just to show that you passed all your final exams so they can process your visa. Go for it and send what they need on ASAP. You could scan them a copy in an email to save time posting it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 craftynici

kelly989 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I recently got a job offer from SABIS to work as a teacher in Abu Dhabi!! I have decided to take it but they are asking for my transcripts from school. I recently received my degree from my university but my grade point average isn't very impressing, so my problem is they are asking for my transcripts and I'm afraid they'll see my grades and take back my offer. Does anyone have thoughts on if they might do this? or if I could just not send them in and send in just my degree instead? Please help! I don't want to lose this offer. :([/QUOTE

Hi Kelly989, do they require to get your transcripts authenticated first of all. With me, they asked for my transcripts and degree but I just sent them my degree as I had to get them authenticated and that seemed to be sufficient!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lrk89

Hey!

Can I ask how long it took them to get in touch with you for your face to face interview? And they only asked for my degree certificate which was fine :)

Lrk89 wrote: »
    Hey!

Can I ask how long it took them to get in touch with you for your face to face interview? And they only asked for my degree certificate which was fine :)

Hey Lrk89,

For me, it took them at least 4 wks to make contact with me regarding the face to face interview, which inturn, was only a casual chat! So no need to worry about the face to face interview. Seeing as its coming close to their new school term, I presume they should be making contact with ppl for the face to face pretty soon....

If you haven't heard from them, you should email the HR person whom you are in contact with and they will be able to tell you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 micky2122

Hey everyone!!

I'm hopefully going to Ruwais in August 2013 and was wondering if anyone would share their personal experience :) The reason I say hopeful is that I didn't understand what they meant by attested degree. I'm in the process of doing this but I think I will miss my deadline :( Fingers crossed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

micky2122 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!!

I'm hopefully going to Ruwais in August 2013 and was wondering if anyone would share their personal experience :) The reason I say hopeful is that I didn't understand what they meant by attested degree. I'm in the process of doing this but I think I will miss my deadline :( Fingers crossed....

I'm heading to Ruwais too, my degree is currently being arrested as well. Have you let the school know there's a delay? You should be ok, I'm hoping mine comes through soon!

LizT wrote: »
    I'm heading to Ruwais too, my degree is currently being arrested as well. Have you let the school know there's a delay? You should be ok, I'm hoping mine comes through soon!

Yeah I did, and they gave me a five day extension....which if i'm honest is a bit worrying since two of the five days includes the weekend lol. I'm sure I will need to ask for another extension. Are you starting to get nervous LizT? Or will that only happen when you hit Dublin Airport

Yeah I did, and they gave me a five day extension....which if i'm honest is a bit worrying since two of the five days includes the weekend lol. I'm sure I will need to ask for another extension. Are you starting to get nervous LizT? Or will that only happen when you hit Dublin Airport

I'm a bit nervous, will be in bits in the airport probably! :p

I think I'll need another extension too but they're still interviewing people so surely they'll have to wait for their degrees etc as well?

I'm a bit nervous, will be in bits in the airport probably! :p

I think I'll need another extension too but they're still interviewing people so surely they'll have to wait for their degrees etc as well?

I didn't know they are still interviewing. That's good news, there is still hope :)

Guy's do all of your degree's that you sent in have stamps on them?

• Advertisement

Guy's do all of your degree's that you sent in have stamps on them?

I'm from the UK so mine had to get notarized by a solicitor first, then sent down to the Foreign office of Commonwealth to be legalized and finally it has to be sent to the UAE embassy in London. I think it will have more stamps than a post office at this rate :)

I'm from the UK so mine had to get notarized by a solicitor first, then sent down to the Foreign office of Commonwealth to be legalized and finally it has to be sent to the UAE embassy in London. I think it will have more stamps than a post office at this rate :)

My degree is from the UK but I live in Ireland, it's a complete pain trying to get it sorted! Ended up sending it off to a company to do it for me :P

Why isn't sending a copy of your degree in enough? It seems like a lot of effort lol my friend works for one of the schools and she said you only need to get it attested if you don't have it stamped..?

What do you mean by stamped Lrk89?

I think the process changed this year, you need it stamped by the foriegn affairs office and then the embassy as far as I know?

Ahhh I see. Can we send a scanned in copy when we get them attested?

sorry for all the questions hehe

Ahhh I see. Can we send a scanned in copy when we get them attested?

Depends on your school, some schools will accept it scanned and others want it posted to them.

Do you know about muscat?

Wouldn't have a clue tbh!

My degree is from the UK but I live in Ireland, it's a complete pain trying to get it sorted! Ended up sending it off to a company to do it for me :P

That's not a bad idea actually. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Hi Folks,
    Just wondering do ye know if its too late to apply for this year? And what's the average age of the teachers heading out? I'm 27 and don't want to be seen as a granny.
    Thanks

Muscat needs the documents to be posted to them.

timbertime wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Just wondering do ye know if its too late to apply for this year? And what's the average age of the teachers heading out? I'm 27 and don't want to be seen as a granny.
    Thanks

Hey! Its never too late to apply as they might require some additional teachers in September. From what I was told, there are no age limits for SABIS. During the phone interview, I was told that they do like the older age group as they are more than likely going to stay for a few years.... I would definitely recommend you to apply, won't do you any harm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kelly989

Hello everyone, Is anyone coming from the US and going to the UAE? Specifically Abu Dhabi? The school told me I have to get a copy of my degree stamped by my university, then stamped by the UAE embassy here, then at the foreign affairs ministry? Does anyone know an easy way to get all these stamped quickly as I am running out of time before the school semester starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kirstk86

Hey I got offered Ras Al Khaimah City.. can anyone tell me what it's like.. I am a bit apprehensive?

kirstk86 wrote: »
    Hey I got offered Ras Al Khaimah City.. can anyone tell me what it's like.. I am a bit apprehensive?

There is a facebook group if you havent joined already Sabis 2013 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MaltyDee

Few of us going to Ruwais add me on Facebook Mark McGettigan my profile pic is me and a black guy :)
    Hey guys, I'm goin to Ruwais too. Excited/nervous, not long now!!! :) Add me on fbook Denise Holian, c ye on the other side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MaltyDee

Hiya, Im goin to Ruwais too....got my Degree just back on time but I had explained about da delay due to Ramadan...!! did yours come yet? Nervous/ Excited...not long now :)

MaltyDee wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm goin to Ruwais too. Excited/nervous, not long now!!! :) Add me on fbook Denise Holian, c ye on the other side!!
    Hiya, Im goin to Ruwais too....got my Degree just back on time but I had explained about da delay due to Ramadan...!! did yours come yet? Nervous/ Excited...not long now :)

Still waiting for mine back from the UK :/ Emailed the school and they said just to send it on as soon as I get it! We just have to scan it in, right?

I sent you a friend request on FB :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kelliejordan

Hey I'm going to Ruwais too, Glad i found some other people going was getting nervous! Anyone else going add me on facebook Kellie Jordan :)

Advertisement