Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Greek yoghurt - high protein

• 14-09-2013 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

So, I've googled nutritional value of Greek yoghurt and it says its around 25% protein.

Happy days. Headed off to dunes. But all the Greek style yoghurt they have is like 4/5% protein.

Is there a particular brand you use or buy regularly?

Maybe this dunnes just doesn't stock proper Greek style.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Greek style is not greek yogurt.

Fage Greek yogurt is what you need to go for. It can be tough to get. Where in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Yeah I thought as much.

Kerry.

No idea if it can be got there. I only know of places in Galway and Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Aldi sells a really good low fat yoghurt. There is no **** in it like artificial sweeteners or sugar. It's just plain Irish yoghurt. It's comes in the big high pots and is pretty nice plain. It's made by a decent Irish dairy company, I think Irish yoghurt company or something similar. They make all the yoghurt for superquinn and aldi Germany thinks they are so good they are going to ship them to aldi Austria and Spain

Where's the place in Galway? I'm there very often

• Advertisement

Where's the place in Galway? I'm there very often

Joyce's. One in Knocknacarra and one in Athenry.

Coola boola.

Fages yoghurt it is next time I'm there.

If its horrible I'm blaming you :p

There's 3 different kinds.

Full, 2% and 0%. I think 0% has the highest protein content but the 2% tastes much nicer. It's really creamy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gillyhug

i love the 0% FAGE, the only place i know you can get it in dublin is in Donnybrook Fair, it is expensive but yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Danio strained yoghurt is available in most of the Tesco. It contains 8% protein. Good taste IMO.

Tesco also stocks Liberte brand of strained yoghurt, 8% protein., made in Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

gillyhug wrote: »
    i love the 0% FAGE, the only place i know you can get it in dublin is in Donnybrook Fair, it is expensive but yummy

JCs in Swords stock it also

Just out of interest, what percentage protein is the fage yoghurt?

Fage - Total 0% Greek Yogurt - Plain - All Natural-nonfat, Strained (170g), 1 container (170g) 100calories 7carbs 18protein 0fat

Fage - Total 2% Low Fat Authentic Greek Yoghurt, 170 g 124calories 6carbs 17protein 3fat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

gillyhug wrote: »
    Mortons in Ranelagh sell it also, although the 500gramme tubs sell out very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Not the same as Greek yogurt but a bit more readily available is tesco healthy living fromage frais. A 500g tub is 230 cal, 39/16.5/1g PCF and €1.59. I usually have it with berries or some flavdrops, it's slightly thicker than petit filious but not added rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

tesco healthy living fromage frais

endorsed! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I can confirm that Joyce's in Knocknacarra, Galway have Greek yogurt, €2.29 for a 500g tub. Bought some this evening, I'm looking forward to trying it tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Tesco in Wilton, Cork have started stocking the Fage Greek Yoghurt - pricier than others at around 3 or 4 euro for the tub (can't remember exactly) but I'm going to give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

the DANONE 0% 500g claims to have 50g of protein per pot

2euro as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

the DANONE 0% 500g claims to have 50g of protein per pot

2euro as well

where can ya buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

tescos have them

Advertisement