Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spurs v Bolton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Provided we beat Bolton we'll be facing Chelsea in the semi's. Urgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

After yesterday's devastation, providing we could beat Bolton when the game will be replayed we've Chelsea in the semi finals at wembley.

Toughest draw but if we want to win the cup we've to beat them at some stage !

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

That replay is going to be horrible all around for everybody. I agree that the crowd were brilliant last night but wouldn't you be disgusted if it was anything else. I was in bits after watching it live on TV and guessing what was happening. It must have been terrible if you had a first-hand view. I was afraid to check the news channels late last night and early this morning. I just hope that he will pull through...............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Awful thing to happen,I hope he recovers

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

It is looking a bit more positive tonight. He is breathing independently and can recognise family members. Long term prognosis still unclear but that doesn't sound too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

WHL wrote: »
    It is looking a bit more positive tonight. He is breathing independently and can recognise family members. Long term prognosis still unclear but that doesn't sound too bad

Definately positive news, keep fighting Fabrice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That's good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

The fact he is breathing unaided, can move his arms and legs and can talk to family etc is massive. Considering his heart stopped four times the fear would be that the heart may be damaged to the extent that it couldnt function on its own.

He will probably have to be fitted with a pacemaker and his football days are over but hopefully he will have a full quality of life.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Any word on when this will be refixed for ? Mid-week next week or following week ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

re-fixed for tuesday, COYS

We're the famous the Tottenham Hotspur and we're off to.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Match rescheduled for Tuesday March 27th, not ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Match rescheduled for Tuesday March 27th, not ideal!

Of course it is not ideal, but this was a horrible situation so am sure there are no problems playing it that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

** bump**

Replay is tonight.

2 weeks ago I had hoped that this game would be a turning point in terms of a performace and hopefully 2 or 3 goals to boot.

Now I'm worried about 'the Fabrice Muamba effect' - Bolton will be well up for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

"Bolton will be well up for this!" - Not too sure about that....

Spurs to win 3-1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If we play like we did against Chelsea on Saturday, we should win this easily. Bolton will be up for it, but it shouldn't matter. We are a better side, and should play better football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

** bump**

Replay is tonight.

2 weeks ago I had hoped that this game would be a turning point in terms of a performace and hopefully 2 or 3 goals to boot.

Now I'm worried about 'the Fabrice Muamba effect' - Bolton will be well up for this!

I thinki Blackburn got the Muamba effect at the weekend, and even at that bolton werent exactly commanding. Hopefully we will win and hey presto we are 3 games unbeaten!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

3 games unbeaten.

I like your thinking.

Still think they will be up for it ... back at the scene of the incident and all that.

Having said that, they could fall apart just as easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

We will win this fairly easily i reckon.

Muamba wont have any impact, we need to apply pressure from the start and get a few early goals.

news is that lennon might make it

While I'd really like to win the FA Cup, and think we should field a strong team, I really don't think Lennon should be risked. The League is more important and we need him for that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

THFC wrote: »
    While I'd really like to win the FA Cup, and think we should field a strong team, I really don't think Lennon should be risked. The League is more important and we need him for that.

I don't agree with that, if he is fit to play then get him out there, he'll need match time to regain sharpness so there's no point coddling the guy [if he is fit, if he's not fit then yes, do not play him]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If's he's fully fit, play him. But only if he's 100%. No point playing him otherwise. Either way, for god sake don't play Modric on the right. Leave him in the middle where he's ****ing brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Keep Bale out on the fudging wing, none of this cutting inside marlarkey getting in Modric's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

We have really missed Lennon in my opinion. Bale wanders too much these days, we need genuine consistent width. Welcome back Azza.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea really hope Azza plays this evening. We've missed the width he provides. But as already stated, only play him if he's 100% last thing we need is for him to get injured for the rest of the season.

Hopefully we can get back to winning ways. A comfortable win would be very nice.

Really looking forward to the game. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Is the match on any TV channel?

YFlyer wrote: »
    No :( No streams up yet on wiziwig either.. Could be stuck with Twitter for this..

I was hoping that one of the ITV Channels would show it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

YFlyer wrote: »

It's on ESPN

Thanks Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Game delayed by 15 minutes.

Advertisement