Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Voluntary charity work

• 13-08-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

My son is doing TY next year, and for one of the work experience modules, he needs to do charity/voluntary work. It will be on a Tuesday for about 8 weeks.
    We live in ballycullane but can travel to wexford/new ross. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Meals on wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

The charity shops in Wexford often take on TY students.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

biddy21 wrote: »
    My son is doing TY next year, and for one of the work experience modules, he needs to do charity/voluntary work. It will be on a Tuesday for about 8 weeks.
    We live in ballycullane but can travel to wexford/new ross. Any suggestions?

I don't think Biddy means charity work as in working for SVP or Samaritans .

I think she means finding a business willing to take this student for work experience , without expecting to get paid .

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

I don't think Biddy means charity work as in working for SVP or Samaritans .

I think she means finding a business willing to take this student for work experience , without expecting to get paid .

Based on op, he needs to do charity work for one of his work experience modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Perhaps you can clarify Biddy21?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭biddy21

It must be work experience with a charity. The other two modules are just ordinary work experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

There are a lot of very good charities in wexford area that would be delighted to have an extra volenteer once a week.

Myself and a few colleagues have actually just started our own group where we help and promote charities and I can tell you they appreciate every little bit of help that they get.

For your son to get the most out of it. Find out what sort of voluntary work he would be most interested in and then contact charities in that sector. Like homeless, disabilities, helping elderly etc... There is a wide range for him to choose from st Vincent de Paul, Simon community RNLI and I'm sure then there's also some local charities.

Advertisement