Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

where to buy a laptop online

• 06-01-2009 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi there,

OK I'm going in circles here trying to find somewhere to get a laptop online for a decent price, but is also backed up with decent returns/customer service.

So far, I've deduced that:

1) laptopsdirect.ie has decent prices but dreadful customer service should something go wrong

2) Pixmania.ie has good selection but also suffers from dreadful customer service

3) pcworld.co.uk don't ship to ROI

4) Komplett seems to have good customer service, but poor selection

Can anyone out there recommend an online (or indeed offline) shop that has good selection (specifically, I'm after one of those HP HDX18 18.4" beasts)

Thanks!
    Aengus

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Have you tried dabs.ie and elara.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

I bought mine on ebay cheap :Dand going good still.Refurbished

• Registered Users Posts: 37 acorkonian

dabs and elara are good but also try laptopsdirect.ie they have some cheap prices..

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

whats the story with pixmania, they have added 'zen engagement' to my basket in the checkout and I cant remove it, its insurance or something weird for €10.30

anyone know what the story is with that?

***Got it off, dont dell have an online outlet store for incorrectly built orders?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You can definitely remove it, I can't remember how though. Try removing the item from your cart and adding it again. When you add it there might be a box ticked for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Heya,

Thanks for the tip on elara.ie and dabs.ie - I'm kinda curious, is one a reseller for the other? The shopping cart and general stock look very similar.

On that, elara.ie does look to have good customer support and range, but unfortunately not the lappy I'm after :( So just to finish up, if anyone has any other suggestions I'd appreciate them

Thanks,
    lampsie

Advertisement