Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby 2011 Video Games

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Could actually be good! Online is going to be an endless stream of NZ but sure that's always the way unless playing with friends / boards league. Pity it's only 2 player. Would have liked up to 4 player with more dynamic dummy runs / proper lines!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Could actually be good! Online is going to be an endless stream of NZ but sure that's always the way unless playing with friends / boards league. Pity it's only 2 player. Would have liked up to 4 player with more dynamic dummy runs / proper lines!

Rugby Challenge is 4 player Online apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hopefully the HEC will be licensed. It would be a joke if one of the biggest pan European competitions in any code still isn't fully represented by a video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Hopefully the HEC will be licensed. It would be a joke if one of the biggest pan European competitions in any code still isn't fully represented by a video game.

and the Aviva Premiership is in it :rolleyes:

What about the Top14? are they in it??

If they are, and the english teams are, then it would be handy to add the rest to make up the Hcup.

and shur if you have all Hcup teams, your basically 80% thru the Pro12 teams also! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Will they have the RaboBank Pro12? :o

Nope not yet anyway, and afaik they aren't trying to get it. But they are trying to get all HC teams, so if they succeed that will be all of the Irish teams :) From what I can see, this game is going to be very southern hemisphere based, which will be grand as long as its a good game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

ajeffares wrote: »
    Nope not yet anyway, and afaik they aren't trying to get it. But they are trying to get all HC teams, so if they succeed that will be all of the Irish teams :) From what I can see, this game is going to be very southern hemisphere based, which will be grand as long as its a good game

They have already confirmed that there will be more NH lisenced teams then SH ones.

They arnt trying to get any more lisences, its too late for that (rolling out in august they hope) but they just arnt yet announcing what lisences they do have. And thats a misture of marketing technique, contractual obligations and possible some discussion of complete terms to finalise the contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

This better be worth buying a bloody xbox for.

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    They have already confirmed that there will be more NH lisenced teams then SH ones.

They arnt trying to get any more lisences, its too late for that (rolling out in august they hope) but they just arnt yet announcing what lisences they do have. And thats a misture of marketing technique, contractual obligations and possible some discussion of complete terms to finalise the contracts.

Well obviously, thats because there are so many more teams here. They could get 60-70% of teams here and 100% of SH teams and still have far more NH teams. Of the 31 stadiums only six are NH! I know the world cup is in New Zealand but still it seems a little inbalanced. But as I said before, I don't mind this too much as long as the gameplay is good and online play is well done.

Where did you get that information from? Are you sure? I don't think that is the case tbh.

As long as you don't get a ps3 :D

Coming for the PC too!

Ill end up getting it for both systems. Looking forward to a Boards league!

• Advertisement

Well obviously, thats because there are so many more teams here. They could get 60-70% of teams here and 100% of SH teams and still have far more NH teams. Of the 31 stadiums only six are NH! I know the world cup is in New Zealand but still it seems a little inbalanced. But as I said before, I don't mind this too much as long as the gameplay is good and online play is well done.

True, but thats what you get when a NZ developer makes a game for NZ and decideds it might as well send it international :D

Where did you get that information from? Are you sure? I don't think that is the case tbh.

I dont have inside information from the particular developer, however I know people that work in game devlopment and have experience in this kind of thing. I looked at that profession alot myself aswell, (visit EA sometime its awesome).
    anyways, developers opinion is that it is too late in the games development to be adding much more to the game. And, Usually, Lisences would be all sorted by about a month ago. (3 months prior to release)

It isnt fact, just opinion based on information and experience.

Stadiums are tricky to license since it's a license within itself.

Most teams don't own their own stadium so you wouldn't be entitled to use it if you acquired the teams license you'd have to get a separate one for the stadium.

True, but thats what you get when a NZ developer makes a game for NZ and decideds it might as well send it international :D

I dont have inside information from the particular developer, however I know people that work in game devlopment and have experience in this kind of thing. I looked at that profession alot myself aswell, (visit EA sometime its awesome).
    anyways, developers opinion is that it is too late in the games development to be adding much more to the game. And, Usually, Lisences would be all sorted by about a month ago. (3 months prior to release)

It isnt fact, just opinion based on information and experience.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, the we are the best no questions asked new zealand mentality. If you pay to much attention it really p!sses you off.

Ah right, I was just thinking you might know something because it says on their site that they are still trying to get a number of licences. But what you are saying makes sense, draw some publicity every time a new name is announced. Your probably right.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Stadiums are tricky to license since it's a license within itself.

Most teams don't own their own stadium so you wouldn't be entitled to use it if you acquired the teams license you'd have to get a separate one for the stadium.

Yes I agree but I was just pointing out that they have gone to the effort of getting 25 SH stadiums and only 6 NH ones. I'm not surprised or even annoyed. Its a million times better than what we have been getting for the last few years. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

You won't regret it, Amazon seem to be the cheapest. Get Red Dead Redemption while you're at it, was my first game so any older ones I borrow seem very dated now!

Looking forward to a worthy predecessor to Jonah Lomu Rugby at last!

faigs wrote: »
    You won't regret it, Amazon seem to be the cheapest. Get Red Dead Redemption while you're at it, was my first game so any older ones I borrow seem very dated now!

Looking forward to a worthy predecessor to Jonah Lomu Rugby at last!

red dead and gears and before you know it you'll be hooked

Yeah thats what I was thinking, the we are the best no questions asked new zealand mentality. If you pay to much attention it really p!sses you off.

Ah right, I was just thinking you might know something because it says on their site that they are still trying to get a number of licences. But what you are saying makes sense, draw some publicity every time a new name is announced. Your probably right.

Also, they didnt announce the Aviva. It was leaked and they just confirmed it because everyone was asking.
    So that shows they are for certain keeping lisences quiet even if they are solid.

EDIT: btw, distribution is confirmed in France so chances are Top14 will be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Hope the Heineken teams are deffo in it, that'd be the business, would love to play a good game as munster....

if they arent in it might have to do a pro evo job on it "Thomand Reds" haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭jolley123

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

That looks ****ing class! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 BTL

From the rugby challenge forum, it seems like they don't have any of the South African Teams, or the Springboks. Nor do they have England, although they do have the Aviva premiership teams.

No word on the Pro 12 or Ireland AFAICT.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ugh if neither game has all the top tier international teams licensed then playing the World Cup in game won't feel very authentic.

RWC2011 video game has england.
    but RC has aviva so the team wont be licenced but the players will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Do either have an edit mode, similar to PES?

Otacon wrote: »
    Do either have an edit mode, similar to PES?

the video posted up there ^^^ is the Rugby challenge edit mode.

I have seen the PES one but people are saying that RCs editor is equal if not better then it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

the video posted up there ^^^ is the Rugby challenge edit mode.

I have seen the PES one but people are saying that RCs editor is equal if not better then it

Sorry, at work, so can't view the video.

Next question, can edit files be shared?

Otacon wrote: »
    Sorry, at work, so can't view the video.

Next question, can edit files be shared?

Not yet known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mdu

that edit video looks class!

any word on whether this will be released in North America? I asked one of the game shop guys in a store in Toronto and he says 'probably not as no other rugby game has been released here'

mdu wrote: »
    that edit video looks class!

any word on whether this will be released in North America? I asked one of the game shop guys in a store in Toronto and he says 'probably not as no other rugby game has been released here'

It's region free so you ll be able to import it in worst case scenario.

• Advertisement

mdu wrote: »
    I asked one of the game shop guys in a store in Toronto and he says 'probably not as no other rugby game has been released here'

TBF there hasn't been a rugby game in four years so maybe he thinks they are every year and don't go to Canada? I wouldn't be too negative

Advertisement