Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

aceberg wrote: »
    I like your style man.

And very interesting quote indeed.Great song all the same savage intro.I love Time meself and Thin Ice.****ing love Hey You ah there's so many hard to choose.

The Floyd is Rock Sean :D

Try a bit of Animals.Savage Floyd Progressive Rock.All about the rock industry.
    :)

You can't beat a bit of Floyd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Alright peeps, have a listen to these tracks, it oozes oldskool, nothing too hardcore or heavy just fookin good!

Keeping the oldskool vibe alive with freshness!

few more on his channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/sampletastic93#p/u

Class :cool:

right lads i know somebody on here knows this 1 as it was u/l b4 just can't remember for the life of me.

http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/8037816/file.html

Did anyone come to your rescue Ace? ..... It's a remix of 'Fresh Tunes - Do You Know What I Mean' - it's the Stick Mix - from 1993 , cheap as chips on the cogs.

http://www.discogs.com/Fresh-Tunes-1-Do-You-Know-What-I-Mean/release/34211

:cool: Nice little housey tune indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Alright peeps, have a listen to these tracks, it oozes oldskool, nothing too hardcore or heavy just fookin good!

Keeping the oldskool vibe alive with freshness!

few more on his channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/sampletastic93#p/u

Class :cool:

cool vids, like em ;)

es-cee wrote: »
    cool vids, like em ;)

Speaking of new producers ....how you getting on Sean? course n stuff going well? ..... dont forget, I want a first press of your debut release! .... signed! :cool:

• Advertisement

Speaking of new producers ....how you getting on Sean? course n stuff going well? ..... dont forget, I want a first press of your debut release! .... signed! :cool:

finished that about a month ago man, yeah grand. haven't had the time to get anything of note done, just that last bitta jungle i sent ya a while back, still not finished lol. gonna get a new midi keyboard in the next week or so, so hopefully i'll get back into the swing of things then. been very limited having to draw notes in instead of play them in, but sure we do what we can :)

finished that about a month ago man, yeah grand. haven't had the time to get anything of note done, just that last bitta jungle i sent ya a while back, still not finished lol. gonna get a new midi keyboard in the next week or so, so hopefully i'll get back into the swing of things then. been very limited having to draw notes in instead of play them in, but sure we do what we can :)

Ah, right man, did ya do exams? or anything? .......... here grab one of these lol I want one , reminds me of Rolf Harris's Styliphone

fair play to this guy! ..... annoying sounding git though lol

and these look good too ........but again , your mans voice would do your head in!

Ah, right man, did ya do exams? or anything? .......... here grab one of these lol I want one , reminds me of Rolf Harris's Styliphone

fair play to this guy! ..... annoying sounding git though lol

and these look good too ........but again , your mans voice would do your head in!

those things are for playin live in ableton, theres a good few on the market, i quite like this one

those things are for playin live in ableton, theres a good few on the market, i quite like this one

Got love all these little KJ toys :D ........... still want some! lol :o

• Advertisement

Got love all these little KJ toys :D ........... still want some! lol :o

its not djing in the true form, but i'd say it'd be good fun all the same.

its not djing in the true form, but i'd say it'd be good fun all the same.

I've seen a coupla set ups with those kaosilators n wondered wtf? ....but yeah I'm with ya on that score , be a deadly buzz having a few of those things to buzz with.

.........beats the fook out of "Chopsticks" & "Axel F" on a Bontempi !! lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

germulhall wrote: »

Good stuff Ger!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Good stuff Ger!

Yeah happy days Paddy!! All going well we should have tapes 1b and 2 in a short while as well. Can you shed any light on the Unknown Pleasures series. They're weren't recorded in the UFO by any chance or were they just simply mixtapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

just to clarify, i ment to type hard rock/metal in my 1st response ;)

Was thinking ya meant Metal alright ya mentaler :D
    Sound Crowd orchestra live at the village - Reunion 2011!!!

Exclusive to Boards first :D I'll post IT Facebook later :pac:

http://www.mrspring.info/vbulletin/radioandtv.php?station=272

Cheers Ger.
    You can't beat a bit of Floyd :)

Ya sure as hell can'y Paddy.

Have a listen it's only 17 minuates or so long.It's worh the listen for the Dogs barking....
    Just had another listen to it there could'nt resist.After all it is the Floyd.**** me thats a seriously great track.Has anybody else ever made a track that ****ing good.It's hard to beleive it's just the 1 track.Simply Amazing

Did anyone come to your rescue Ace? ..... It's a remix of 'Fresh Tunes - Do You Know What I Mean' - it's the Stick Mix - from 1993 , cheap as chips on the cogs.

http://www.discogs.com/Fresh-Tunes-1-Do-You-Know-What-I-Mean/release/34211

:cool: Nice little housey tune indeed!

No Earl did'nt get it,have it now tho man cheers.:D

Gheers Cer :D
    Yeah happy days Paddy!! All going well we should have tapes 1b and 2 in a short while as well. Can you shed any light on the Unknown Pleasures series. They're weren't recorded in the UFO by any chance or were they just simply mixtapes.

Cheers Ger.Super.

Jasus i had a bit of catching up to do.....:P

Was thinking ya meant Metal alright ya mentaler :D

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

Netsky - Your Way

:D what a tune!

• Advertisement

Netsky - Your Way

netsky's stuff is tops lads, but thats what the d'n'b thread is for :rolleyes:........:D

Netsky - Your Way

netsky's stuff is tops lads, but thats what the d'n'b thread is for :rolleyes:........:D

dnb :confused: .......... i never even noticed there was music on this one! :D

dnb :confused: .......... i never even noticed there was music on this one! :D

hahahahaha :D:D:D

Ya sure as hell can'y Paddy.
    Have a listen it's only 17 minuates or so long.It's worh the listen for the Dogs barking....
    Just had another listen to it there could'nt resist.After all it is the Floyd.**** me thats a seriously great track.Has anybody else ever made a track that ****ing good.It's hard to beleive it's just the 1 track.Simply Amazing

Dogs is one of my favorite Floyd tracks! the lyrics and what the song is about is spot on.
    The final verse explores a number of aspects of business life and how it compares to dogs, for example taking chances and being "trained not to spit in the fan", losing their individuality ("broken by trained personnel"), obeying their superiors ("fitted with collar and chain"), getting treats for good behaviour ("given a pat on the back"), being better than everyone else ("breaking away from the pack") and getting to know everyone but spending less time with family ("only a stranger at home"). Every line of this verse begins with the word "Who", which prompted comparison to Allen Ginsberg's poem "Howl".[1]

This book was launched recently, a few might be interested.
    Could be a good xmas present for someone.

http://wherewereyou.ie/
    November 2011

WHERE WERE YOU!

A Photographic Journey Through Five Decades Of Dublin
    Youth Culture - Street Style - Teen Life

WHERE WERE YOU is a visual social document of young Dublin. The book is a photographic journey through five decades of the city's youth cultures, street styles and teenage life, from the... early 1950s to the end of the 1990s.

All the material was sourced over four years or more of constant advertising to the general public through posters and flyers, and also from photographers, newspapers and books.

The book’s content will take in all the obvious youth culture groups like, Punks, Teddy Boys, Skinheads, Hippies, Mods, Rockers, Goths, Bikers etc. It will also include the lesser known, but equally important groups like B-Boys, Skateboarders, Soul Boys, New Romantics, Psychobillies etc.

The book will also feature the Bootboy gangs of the 1970s, and the Urban Cowboy culture of the 1980s and 1990s, and all the off-shoots and variations of all the above named groups. It will also include photographs of people who may not have belonged to any of those groups, so as to show another side to young life in the city.

The book is set over four chapters, the 50s and 60s being the first chapter, the 70s the second, the 80s the third and the 90s the fourth. Each chapter will also include a collection of memorabilia, made up from newspaper and magazine articles, ticket studs, club flyers, ads, membership cards etc.

The material sourced for the project covered roughly the 14 to 23 year old age groups. The photographs range from individual or crowd shots, taken at or outside gigs, clubs, discos, pubs etc, to scenes shot in streets, houses and parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

They're live tapes of Timmy DJing in Unknown Pleasures in 1995/1996. You can hear the crowd slightly on a couple of them. I bought the tapes (they were only available in a shop in Bray) at the time and as far as I know the nights were billed as 'Sound Crowd' even though it was DJ sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Dogs is one of my favorite Floyd tracks! the lyrics and what the song is about is spot on.

Do ya know where the line "trained not to spit in the fan", comes from Paddy.

Well during the Animals tour in in Montreal 1977 Roger Waters spit at a fan.There was a net dividing the fans and the stage.1 particlar fan climbed up the net towards the stage and was screaming for the band to play a particular track,Roger became very aggitated by this and spit at him hence the line in the track "trained not to spit in the fan",.

This is when he developed the idea for the concept of the Wall.Roger dispised stadium gigs.He beleived alot of people that were there were'nt true fans and were only there for a piss up.He much prefered smaller more intimite venues were he beleived the true fans attended.So his dislike for stadium gigs led him to develop the idea of building a barrier between the fans and the band so that the band could play in isolation (hence part of what the Album is about being isolated)The band could also get on with playing what they wanted to play and not have hundreds of people screaming to play this song and play that song.Also Roger wrote his material for the album in isolation and presented it to the rest of the Band ''fitting''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Surprised nobody knows it.Seems like an easy 1.I'm sure i know it meself os maybe it's 1 of them ya thought ya knew.I'm sure somebody upped it here before.Think it was seanboy.
    Lads get a bit of Floyd into yez to mix it up a bit for a change and yez i'll be sorted.Or a few ballads even.:D

Had a listen, wasnt me Ace sorry. Yeah Pink Floyd are brilliant, I was at that Roger Waters gig in the Point in 2007 and have to say it was the best gig I was ever at, and ballads, sure me auld fella was in a ballad band for 15 years, rared on the stuff I was:D

Advertisement