Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Big merge) Hairdressers in Galway

• 29-09-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kate28

Hi I need a good stylist, just moved to Galway. Pleease help!!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Danica in Momento
    Grainne in The Hut
    Angel hair salon behind Park House is closed for renovations but are excellent and cheap!!

What kinda hair do you have, that might help people suggest names/places...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'd also like suggestions, and maybe not get moved into the old thread since stylists move around so much and current info is way more helpful!

lots of fine/delicate wavy hair here. Colour treated and being stupidly dry right now, I definitely need a trim.

I think the old threads got merged and moved to F+A but I agree with Xiney in that stylists move etc. I have always heard great things about Velvet in Barna..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I had an absolutely excellent experience with Orla in Talents, Terryland last Thursday. She gave me the most thorough consultation in advance of colouring my hair, was really friendly but not overbearing and most of all, they were up to €60 cheaper than anywhere else. Highly recommended!

Price of Full Head of highlights on v. long hair plus cut: €90 - €100.
    Classy and expensive looking hair to cheer self up: priceless :)

jesus that's a great price for highlights & a cut on v. long hair!

wow!

How much is a cut on its own, do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kate28

What colors is Orla usin? That is very cheap for full head. Is she there long in Talents?:confused:
    Thanks a mill guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Max in David Martin Knocknacarra
    Bernie in Zenith Eyre st

Both excellent stylists!

Max in David Martin Knocknacarra
    Bernie in Zenith Eyre st

Both excellent stylists!

Is Bernie expensive? Does she charge salon prices or top stylist price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

kate28 wrote: »
    Is Bernie expensive? Does she charge salon prices or top stylist price?

nah shes good but i dont think shes a senior stylist. i think Paul is and he charges top dolla and goes through a whole consultation thing!
    over heard him asking a girl beside me before what she liked about her hair, what she woud change/keep etc etc....

Actually found a cc receipt in my bag from my last visit got highlights,conditioning treatment restyle cut blowdry etc for 95e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I have always heard great things about Velvet in Barna..

I'm a bloke but my sister and many girls i know swear by Liz in Velvet in Barna

• Advertisement

I'm still promoting Angel Hair Salon but it is closed for another two weeks due to renovations...28euro for a cut, 40 for colour. Not sure whether those prices will have changed with the reopening but I'll find out as I'll be booked in for both plus a hair strip as I went too dark:)

I'm still promoting Angel Hair Salon but it is closed for another two weeks due to renovations...28euro for a cut, 40 for colour. Not sure whether those prices will have changed with the reopening but I'll find out as I'll be booked in for both plus a hair strip as I went too dark:)

In 2 weeks ???:) Why r they close? What is the name of the stylist?:o

They're renovating. It's owned by a Polish girl and they all speak polish while you're in there but they cater for anyone, and mainly on recommendations form other satisfies customers. I tend to go for fringes, blunt with wispy bits and the tall girl whose name is Basha/Barbara has little english but bring a pic or ask one of the girls to translate. Little Basha is good too but not as good IMO...I'll keep you posted as to when it's open but i rang last Tuesday and they said 2 weeks:)

Actually, if I can hijack the thread a little more :) my cousin has curly hair, not super tight but much more curly than wavy..and is looking for a hairdresser who is good with that hair..she also wants a fringe......

fringe + curly hair = nothing but pain lies down that road.

Seriously. Been there, done that, have the awful school photos...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Xiney wrote: »
    jesus that's a great price for highlights & a cut on v. long hair!
    wow!
    How much is a cut on its own, do you know?

I think it ranges from 30 - 45 depending on length etc.
    Yup it was a great price, and I did a lot of research before going because I had a small budget and some badly home-dyed hair! No skin tests necessary, no faffing about, in and out in under 3 hours.[ My hair was v.v.long]
    Kate, looked like wella colours that they used, and seem to represent the Alfaparf stuff too. But seriously, I was so chuffed with the do, I'll defo be back.
    After a weekend of rain hail and shine and the bonnet is still holding up :)

On an aside, for curly hair, this stuff is your only man. Tames the curlies, defines and defrizzes. Get it in boots!
    Works on boys too, apparently :pac:

Can I pull this thread back up again? (shut it and I'll repost if not mods)
    So devastated(!) as the hairdressers I ranted about is STILL closed for renovations and I was holding out for them, but really need the hair done.

I need it stripped. Was meant to go to them before they shut for it but didn't get the time. They would charge e5 to have it stripped as it is horrible dark brown with light brown roots and colour will only take to it if it's been stripped. And then I'll need it coloured a fresh new colours (semi-permanent) and tidied up.

I'm far from loaded. The whole package was costing me less then 70 quid in my old place so don't want to go somewhere where they'll be charging 150+.

Anyone tried any schools of hairdressing or have an idea of costs? I might try Grainne in the hut but again afraid it will cost a bomb.. any ideas or suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Possible thread hijack, but can anyone recommend a good hairdressers in Galway for an up-do?

I'm going to a wedding on the bank holiday weekend and thought I might get my hair put up, just for something different. Never had it done before (well except about 10 years ago for my debs!), so I have no clue where to go or even what price to expect! Any ideas?

Thanks!

senelra wrote: »
    Possible thread hijack, but can anyone recommend a good hairdressers in Galway for an up-do?

I'm going to a wedding on the bank holiday weekend and thought I might get my hair put up, just for something different. Never had it done before (well except about 10 years ago for my debs!), so I have no clue where to go or even what price to expect! Any ideas?

Thanks!

Well, I can recommend Danica in Momento, she did hair for a friend of mine for a wedding and it was amazing..a kind of up do that came around into a side ponytail with curls...

Thanks Lady Pennyworth. I might check out Momento so. I have a voucher for a wash and blow-dry for Andy's hair salon on Prospect Hill (anyone know it?) that I won ages ago, so I was thinking of using that for the wedding. Then one thought lead to another and now I want an up-do! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭pink100

Hi, Heading to Galway this weekend and wondering does anyone know of a hairdressers open this Sunday...:rolleyes:

Bellissimo is open on Sundays. 10am - 5pm according to their site, but maybe ring ahead to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LeggyBrunette

Fringe Benefits in Doughiska are open on Sundays.
    Phone: 091763574.

Hope it's ok to post a link to their website? http://www.fringebenefits.ie/index.php?p=5

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭pink100

Cheers guys ..booked bellissimo....

• Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

Havanna on Francis Street (oposite to church). Polish girls but with good English. 2 colour baleyage (whatever you spell it) shoulder lenght - €65. They have 20% students discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

Hi girls,
    Has anyone tried the 12 week blowdry in Zenith? Does it really last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Teresa in Ritz on the docks, they always have great deals on in there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Fat tonys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

There is a huge thread about good hairdressers in Galway two down from here! Lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

I didnt like any of the answers!! lol..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement