Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supposedly scam/trojan coming from "eircom.net customer service"

• 03-03-2003 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I've got a message today from "eircom.net customer service" with the return address eircom_net_customer_service@dbnxfk.dbjgep.xwhkhv.reply.12hs.com. In this e-mail they ask to update the free dial-up numbers and download an update program from the given links (which are also not on official eircom.net site). I suppose this is a trojan or scam replacing your free eircom.net access number with some premium rate one.

HTH, Stas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

Oh, too careful I am. Just got a reply from eircom.net abuse team saying that this was a real customer service anouncement. But why would they make it look so bad :confused:

Sorry for that,
    Stas

Advertisement