Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Big merge) Hairdressers in Galway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Xiney wrote: »
    please tell me that poor woman didn't spend nearly 300 euro on that website, and then have the webdesign company "buzzprovider" put an ad on it!!!

:eek:

Nah, the ad was already in their template, it would have 'cos 'em more to take it out ;)

I reckon she'll be paying 'em a few more yo-you each month to have the Special Offer thingie updated, too.

(I'm contemplating writing a series on "using Blogger to built a starter-website for your business ...)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Firstly this thread is about good hairdressers in Galway, not their quality of websites.

Secondly as I have already said she hasnt even paid for the hosting or domain so I dont think im going to start charging her any time soon for updating a simple 'specials' banner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Seeing rave reviews of this Niamh in prestige in Galway! Since my old faithful Bernie has left Zenith , im in need of a new stylist! Is she good for highlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

Niamh in Prestige... ...Is she good for highlights?

I don't know but I was happy with a cut and colour (brunette).

Anyone know what specials they have at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Im looking to get a small bit of colouring done and have no idea of a cheap good place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Super thread here and I'm sure if you rummage thru it you'll find some answers!
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431113&highlight=hairdresser+galway

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mergerinated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

:DWent to Niamh at prestige for a cut and am really happy with it! thanks peeps:D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a good yet cheap hairdresser if such a thing exists in Galway city? I am a lady with mid length hair needing a decent trim but on a tight budget........phoned a couple of places up and all in or around the 40 euro region....for a trim??!

Any other girls feeling a bit ripped off for hair care considering guys usually get away with spending less than 20 squids......

Tried the Connaught school of hairdressing before but wasn't too happy with the end result so haved ruled them out.....

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks
    BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Curvepro

Cheapest I have ever come across in Galway & excellent. Have used them for about 10 years.
    http://www.terryland.ie/talents_hair_salon.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ecoangel

Does anyone have contact details for Angel Hair please,, Hair is in a right state after home kit disaster, now have orange roots and brownish green lengths!!! Help please? Was looking for Natural dark Blonde look, prob need colour stripped out now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Angelandie

ecoangel wrote: »
    Does anyone have contact details for Angel Hair please,, Hair is in a right state after home kit disaster, now have orange roots and brownish green lengths!!! Help please? Was looking for Natural dark Blonde look, prob need colour stripped out now!!

Angel have a facebook site for Angel Beauty Studio but will PM you the phone no, cant put it here because its a mobile no

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'm getting my hair cut Friday before the beers, haha, because I'm an idiot and I can't blow dry my own hair and I want to look nice :D

Also I badly need a cut anyway.

They only do eyebrow threading on Saturdays though and I so desperately want to try it out so I'm going to be a bit brezhnev, I'm afraid. Oh well!

Seriously guys, Niamh is brilliant with my hair. I NEVER look forward to haircuts because I never know if it's going to be better or worse than before. Now I'm all eee eee Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

The B Beauty salon in liosban industrial estate is cheap and good. you can get your hair done by a student which is quite cheap, i was unsure about getting my hair done by a student but it's moniterd by a qualified hairdresser all the way through so it was fine. to be honest they did a better job because they were really concentrating! would highly recommend it for those on a very tight budget.

Well jesus you must be one of the last people who got her because I rang for an appointment for tomorrow and they told me she doesnt work there anymore. Kept the appointment though,so going tomorrow, hopefully they are all as good as Niamh :cool:

Ha no way!! Wonder where she is gone. I actually ended up going to the guy in Momento at short notice, gave me a pretty nice cut.. bit scissors happy and maybe took a little more off than I expected but nonetheless it was a good cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Well jesus you must be one of the last people who got her because I rang for an appointment for tomorrow and they told me she doesnt work there anymore. Kept the appointment though,so going tomorrow, hopefully they are all as good as Niamh :cool:

WHAT?!

NOOOOOOO!

She was the first person in the three years I've been living in Ireland to cut my hair properly :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I can recommend Ritz, I was really impressed there. Professional, but relaxed. Also, Kulture Kurl do loads of offers and are amazing with colour. Lots of places reducing prices lately and was not impressed a year ago when after 6 years of business I was scoffed at down the phone in Bellissimo when I asked about offers. I'll not be back. So Ritz is great but Kulture Kurl a little cheaper and best place for colour. As with all places though my tip is always, don't go when they're too busy. You get far superior service in my opinion. Enjoy! As for Niamh, why not ask where she went? Out of courtesy surely ye should be told...

Xiney wrote: »
    WHAT?!

NOOOOOOO!

She was the first person in the three years I've been living in Ireland to cut my hair properly :'(
    I can recommend Ritz, I was really impressed there. Professional, but relaxed. Also, Kulture Kurl do loads of offers and are amazing with colour. Lots of places reducing prices lately and was not impressed a year ago when after 6 years of business I was scoffed at down the phone in Bellissimo when I asked about offers. I'll not be back. So Ritz is great but Kulture Kurl a little cheaper and best place for colour. As with all places though my tip is always, don't go when they're too busy. You get far superior service in my opinion. Enjoy! As for Niamh, why not ask where she went? Out of courtesy surely ye should be told...

Well I have my appointment in a bit so might casually drop it into convo :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JDnCoke

I heard Niamh from prestige is moving to paul anthonys middle st. from this weekend.

JDnCoke wrote: »
    I heard Niamh from prestige is moving to paul anthonys middle st. from this weekend.

Ah when I asked one of the girls in Prestige they were still under the impression that she had not been hired by another salon.... Seems she got snapped up quickly.

Never heard of Paul Anthonys myself though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 missymooo

Jean in hair republic!!! cuts are always perfect and she always knows what should be done...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Thats mad - she said nothing about finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Could someone PM me the phone number for Angels or tell me specifically where they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 a.nidhomhnaill1

any suggestions for a cheap ladies haircut, one thats good for curly hair would be even better?!!:D

Theres alot of suggestiions in this thread....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055695506&highlight=hairdressers+Galway

I would +1 Niamh aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged into the big thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I went to Fringe Benefits on the Doughiska Road yesterday and they did a great job.

Lovely girls in there as well and they've got some great offers.

I went to Fringe Benefits on the Doughiska Road yesterday and they did a great job.

Lovely girls in there as well and they've got some great offers.

I used to go to school with the two sisters who run it and they have always been so lovely, so get a lot of happy clientele. Come to think of it i went there once and I cannot remember the girls name (maybe a niamh too) and she was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

By any chance, does anyone know where Tom from Visage has moved to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭39steps

Hi there,
    Does anyone know of a hairdressing salon that open 8.15/8.30am? I need an early appointment this Friday, 25 June preferably on west side of city.
    Thanks a mill,
    39steps

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement