Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Stream 7 Tablet £49 WITH CODE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Tinie wrote: »
    Not expired, use code: ft6kn75gg

Great!! I thought I was going to get away with not buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Ordered again and got a confirmation this time. Probably don't have much use for it but wanted one for my holidays so this will do nicely! Thanks op and to those who helped me out.

For anyone who might be having trouble I had to have my shipping and billing address the same for out to work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Invincible wrote: »
    Paypal, adding BT1 1AA in postcode section.

It's not asking me for a postcode, or an address for that matter

260bn0y.jpg

After I click Next, it brings me to the PayPal log-in screen. Where do I enter this postcode :confused:

jamescd wrote: »
    After I click Next, it brings me to the PayPal log-in screen. Where do I enter this postcode :confused:

Try adding a billing address. It can be the same but will need to have a post code and the UK as the country.

Mine has:
    XXX
    Dublin, Ireland
    BT12AB
    United Kingdom

murphm45 wrote: »
    Try adding a billing address. It can be the same but will need to have a post code and the UK as the country.

Mine has:
    XXX
    Dublin, Ireland
    BT12AB
    United Kingdom

What card do you have linked to your PayPal account ? Is it a credit card ?

Maybe it's not accepting the VISA Debit card that is linked to my PayPal account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

As an aside, does anyone know if SkyGo will run on this?

Edit: Just saw this on Sky forum "Just installed latest Silverlight via Windows Update and used IE to access Sky Go website"

What card do you have linked to your PayPal account ? Is it a credit card ?

Maybe it's not accepting the VISA Debit card that is linked to my PayPal account.

I've a credit card but I've never heard of PayPal rejecting debit card (first time for everything I suppose). Whilst happens when you log in to PayPal? If memory serves I just logged on and clicked next (I don't remember seeing my details).

murphm45 wrote: »
    I've a credit card but I've never heard of PayPal rejecting debit card (first time for everything I suppose). Whilst happens when you log in to PayPal? If memory serves I just logged on and clicked next (I don't remember seeing my details).

It's not PayPal that's rejecting it, it's the microsoft store. PayPal just stores your credit/debit card details so you don't have to keep typing it up again on every site you buy from. You can add several credit/debit cards, and choose which one to use whenever. If I had a credit card, I could add that to my PayPal account and it will probably work. Unfortunately I don't have a credit card :(

Can anyone confirm if they've successfully used a VISA debit card (directly on the website or via PayPal) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'm having the same problem annoyingly, Visa Debit and tried through Paypal or without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Can anyone confirm if they've successfully used a VISA debit card (directly on the website or via PayPal) ?

I did, not via paypal but directly on the website. I used my parcel motel address for delivery and the payment postcode. The order was confirmed so I'm hopeful I'll get it!

• Advertisement

Beef wrote: »
    I did, not via paypal but directly on the website. I used my parcel motel address for delivery and the payment postcode. The order was confirmed so I'm hopeful I'll get it!

Hmmm so VISA Debit only works if you use Parcel Motel. I'll see if I can borrow someone's credit card first so I can have it delivered straight to my door. If not, I'll try your method. Thanks.

I tried with Parcel Motel too and had no joy, going to use a credit card instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Thanks OP.

I used promo code/Parcel Motel/Paypal. Went through first time.

:D

£49 = €66odd + €4.50 PM = €71 delivered. Very cheap.

I really have to stop coming onto this forum as I usually buy something.........:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

mullingar wrote: »
    Thanks OP.

I used promo code/Parcel Motel/Paypal. Went through first time.

:D

£49 = €66odd + €4.50 PM = €71 delivered. Very cheap.

I really have to stop coming onto this forum as I usually buy something.........:o
    In case you haven't already. After you get your delightfully cheap HP Stream 7, don't forget to set up Office 365 and get at least 10TB (yup, that is 10 Terabytes not a typo) of OneDrive storage for the free year that you get for Office 365.

Discussed Here

If you already have a HP Stream 7 or Linx 7 / 8 tab and activated the Office 365 sub on that device, and you activate it again on your new HP Stream 7 the subs will stack (i.e. you will now have 2 years of Office 365 personal).

hots wrote: »
    I tried with Parcel Motel too and had no joy, going to use a credit card instead.

Hmm tried with a credit card there and still no luck, I'm guessing it's my microsoft account it doesn't like? Will have to create a throwaway later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Luckily had a problem with order, got message to contact them at 800 026 0329. Not working, used Ireland number and got through to store. Order was cancelled due to problem (probably visa problem) :-). Am happy for once that an order was actually cancelled on me. Really didn't need it...

My order is processing now, I created a new hotmail address and used my own shipping address (not parcel motel) and a Visa Credit Card in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Murt10

I set up a parcel motel account.

I tried to order the tablet with a mastercard. The Microsoft site kept telling me that the postcode was wrong/invalid.

Had an online chat with a Microsoft Rep - very helpful. After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing she rang me on my mobile and put the order through. It will be delivered to my Dublin address. Didn't need the parcel motel after all - anyway it's set up now for future bargains.

Same price 50 Stg.

Happy camper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

CartContinue shoppingNext
    HP Stream 7 Signature Edition TabletRemove HP Stream 7 Signature Edition Tablet
    Ship it
    £99.00
    £74.991
    Enter promo code ft6kn75gg
    Invalid promo code

Standard - FREE (3-5 business days)
    Discount:-£24.01
    Shipping:£0.00
    Subtotal:£74.99
    For more shipping information, see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Got the email from Microsoft to say its on the way... :) Happy Days..

• Advertisement

Got the same and picked up a couple of micro sds (one that I promised the girlfriend a while ago) and a cheap case off ebay too... What are people hoping to use theirs for? It was definitely an impulse buy but thinking of trying to use it for TV somehow, probably through the chromecast too. Lot's of tinkering to be had for €70 anyway.

Total impulse buy. but am sure i can use it for Xbox Smartglass or as you said, Chromecast stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Got confirmation Monday, status hasn't altered from processing since. PayPal still pending

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

My order appears to have disappeared...

JanneG wrote: »

Make sure your checking your account on the UK store and not the Irish one.
    Use the link in the confirmation email.

JanneG wrote: »

Hmm so has mine!

same, I was onto support and they said their systems were down...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭civitano

ft6kn75gg code being reported as invalid promo code

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Invincible

hots wrote: »
    Got the same and picked up a couple of micro sds (one that I promised the girlfriend a while ago) and a cheap case off ebay too... What are people hoping to use theirs for? It was definitely an impulse buy but thinking of trying to use it for TV somehow, probably through the chromecast too. Lot's of tinkering to be had for €70 anyway.

Throw XBMC on it and some useful add ons. Any link to case you got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Showing as in process for me.

Advertisement