Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What comics did you get for Xmas!?

Options
  • 26-12-2014 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭

Girlfriend spoiled me this year! Got...

Preacher vol. 5 & 6 (re-reading after about 12 years and had to get the new editions)
    Superman Unchained - Looking forward to this a while; love Scott Snyder
    Saga vol. 4 - looking forward to diving back in
    Ex Machina - Haven't read any of this yet but love everything I've read from Vaughan so looking forward to it.
    JLA vol. 1 - Started with this one. Morrison can be a bit hit or miss for me but this is great so far!

Also, my sister got me Flashpoint. I'm not really a big fan of Geoff Johns so I never read this but sure I'll give it a go!

What did everyone get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

My Gf got me Walking Dead the latest volume. Going save it as quite a gap before next one. I signed up for Marvel Unlimited app. I never liked digital comics but the range is huge and some more recent ones on it. I don't think I go back to print. Hope DC have something like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Sort of hard to argue with the amount of books on offer.
    Even if you are not a fan of the formate. It's a great way to check out stuff you'd not normally read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Fables, The Deluxe Edition, Book One

Have steadily been getting in to comics over the last year, and was interested in this one having played The Wolf Among Us, which was based on the comics. I really liked the world it set up, so deliberately asked for it. It has not disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Not me personally but I gave my 14-year old sister Young Avengers and Ms. Marvel for Christmas in TPB, and my 18-year old sister two volumes of Hawkeye plus The Wicked + The Divine.

All four were devoured before bedtime, they loved them!

• Moderators Posts: 51,709 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Treated myself to some comics for Xmas.

Wicked and Divine vol.1
    Hawkeye vol.2 and 3
    Six Gun Gorilla
    American Vampire vol.1
    Trillium
    EGOs Vol 1

Really enjoyed W+D and Hawkeye :) still making my way through the rest.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Jacques Tardi's WWI collection, it's a beaut of a thing! Fantagraphics really knocked it outta the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Got Y: The Last Man Book 1 (Collects #1-10) and Fables Volume 1 (both paperback), but I already have them in hardback.

Not sure if this is against the forum rules, but I'd be willing to let them go to a good home cheap or swap.

Advertisement