Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Air bag light

• 20-11-2013 11:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭

Lads the airbag light has come up on my 2000 focus. So far i'v looked at the wires under the seats but they look connected, got a lend of a computer off my mate but it didnt pick up on any faults in the car?

I'v never used the car computer but my mate explained it and it did say ''connected'' so surely it would have flashed up the fault if there was one.. Anyway what could be the fault here?

was gonna nct the car last friday but the feckin light stayed on :mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭88manta

If light is on, a fault is recorded on the airbag ecu.

What county are you in?

Someone here will be able to help.you with dealer level professional equipment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

88manta wrote: »
    If light is on, a fault is recorded on the airbag ecu.

What county are you in?

Someone here will be able to help.you with dealer level professional equipment.

Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

A standard OBD code reader won't be able to read the codes from the airbag controller: the OBD/EOBD protocols only cover drivetrain and that's all the vehicle manufacturers will make available over that protocol. Anything else is likely to be manufacturer specific and will require a manufacturer specific scan tool.

Also, airbag controllers generally won't reset the warning light until a diagnostic scan has been completed to verify that the fault is corrected, even if it's been physically fixed.

Advertisement